• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, about this Genshin Impact game...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
That looks basically like a Breath of the Wild clone. Is anyone expecting this game to be good? I don’t mind copying successful formats, devs do it all the time. But I don’t know much about this developer and if they should be trusted to successfully make a good game even with a successful formula.

What are your thoughts on it?

Last edited:

Wonko_C

Their other game, Honkai Impact (which just got ported to PC last month, I suggest checking that out), has some pretty high production values for a mobile game.

With 200 million registered accounts, esports tournaments, several full color manga (which has official translations), and a few animated shorts, it's quite the phenomenon.

The quality of 3DCG animation in their shorts is on par with Arc System Works (if not better) and puts Japanese 3D anime studios to shame. To be fair, maybe maintaining that level of quality for a weekly animated series would not be feasible.

So yeah I'm pretty sure Genshin will be another hit from miHoyo.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've been watching this and am possibly interested... I'll wait for final reviews though.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
So did anyone here got an invitaton for participation in the final closed beta for PS4? Beta starts July 2nd and i wonder if i can still apply in order to participate...

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
It's an RPG with similar art style to BOtW..that does not make it a clone. I don't understand where people are getting this from. Because you can climb? Because the art? Because fall damage? Please explain. RPG battle system, multiple playable characters, no survival mechanics, etc....there is like literally no similarities except for the look of the game.

DESTROYA

Look like a very generic BOTW clone, it’s a little too anime for me.
Not that thats usually a bad thing in itself but I don’t know something feels off.

Aion002

It's an RPG with similar art style to BOtW..that does not make it a clone. I don't understand where people are getting this from. Because you can climb? Because the art? Because fall damage? Please explain. RPG battle system, multiple playable characters, no survival mechanics, etc....there is like literally no similarities except for the look of the game.

This game character art style and dragons looks like things from Gran Blue.... There are slimes and enemies that seems to have been ripped off from Zelda, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in the game and most of the cenario looks straight out from any Tales of game with a BotW twist.... Even the assets like teleporters and stuff seems like things you see in a Tales of game... It is a generic game.

Also, the worst part..... It's a FUCKING GACHA:

martino

giphy.gif

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
This game character art style and dragons looks like things from Gran Blue.... There are slimes and enemies that seems to have been ripped off from Zelda, Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in the game and most of the cenario looks straight out from any Tales of game with a BotW twist.... Even the assets like teleporters and stuff seems like things you see in a Tales of game... It is a generic game.

Definitely generic and a hodgepodge of different games, but I feel like BOtW fanboys are acting like it is more similar than it actually is.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna see how this runs on the Switch. Online.

Top Bottom