• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...Can anyone find a New 3DS XL right now? It seems sold out everywhere

Checked out every Gamestop: sold out, Best buy: Sold Out, Target: Sold Out, they are either selling out because it selling incredibly well or nintendo sucks at shipping. Im guessing a bit of both.

Can any of you find a New 3DS XL right now? Because I certainly can't

Ultima_5

I went to best buy about two hours ago and got a red one. They had them up at customer service. Did you ask about the inventory?

JayEH

Checked out every Gamestop: sold out, Best buy: Sold Out, Target: Sold Out, they are either selling out because it selling incredibly well or nintendo sucks at shipping. Im guessing a bit of both.

Nintendo loves to create artificial supply constraints.

CorySchmitz

I went to Best Buy when they opened this morning & picked up a red one. They had a four red ones and three black ones for a total of 7 units on the shelf. (I was the first one in the store)

Seems that way. I wanted to take advantage of GameStops trade in deal with my old 3DS but they said they only had a few and they all got snatched up during the midnight release.

Bsigg12

A few stores around me said they only received 3 of each color for today so 6 total so yes, they're hard to find.

I can say my GameStop had 30ish, but they're all pre-orders. I think the demand really was there sense all the stores I saw had plenty and sold them all.

Cowie

I'm not really shocked, I guess? NoA clearly had little faith in this thing, which is why they only bothered to bring one model out in the first place. It's always kind of felt like they're only begrudgingly releasing it here because a stink would be made if they didn't. I'm sure they're taking careful steps to spend as little money as possible appeasing us with this release, including limited initial shipments (and no chargers!)

NoA is clearly under shipping most things these days. They've been extremely hard up for a while. Must've had their wrists slapped for something by NCL.

the horrid black one is everywhere- no reds and certainly no MM or MONHunt systems near me- missed out on the last minute online order fiasco this morning-

Im destined to never buy one at this rate

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well, that's fucking great. Thanks nintendo.

It's a system relaunch. MAKE UNITS. I actually desire to buy your product!

Their policy of inducing scarcity is quickly getting me to the breaking point.

Launch cover plates are going for triple the retail price. It hasn't even been 24 hours and launch accesories are so scarce they're being scalpered already.

Because at the end of the day, Nintendo's scarcity games are only accomplishing that: getting in the way of legitimate customers buying their product and feeding scalpers.

khaaan

My friend offered me the MM edition at cost (he ended up with 4) so I'm "lucky" enough to be in the position of taking my time to figure out whether or not I want one.

I keep telling myself I don't need it but every time a new thread pops up I crack a little.

Hugstable

Banned
It's kinda crappy that the supply is so low like this. Just realized I wanted one last night when I found out MH4 was already coming out and I got all super hyped up. Checked this morning with all my local Gamestops, and they seemed to barely get a few outside of preorders which were sold at midnight. They probably won't be getting any for a week and by then the trade in promo is gonna be gone, so I'm probably gonna have to be waiting awhile before another promo like this comes around to jump on a New 3DS

It's kinda crappy that the supply is so low like this. Just realized I wanted one last night when I found out MH4 was already coming out and I got all super hyped up. Checked this morning with all my local Gamestops, and they seemed to barely get a few outside of preorders which were sold at midnight. They probably won't be getting any for a week and by then the trade in promo is gonna be gone, so I'm probably gonna have to be waiting awhile before another promo like this comes around to jump on a New 3DS
oh my god a week? I can not wait that long O.O

drakkar

Neo Member
Got the last one this morning at EB Games. Everybody wanted the Zelda or Monster Hunter bundle but they were all reserved.

The same boat I am in. Didn't want to do midnight release and hope to get lucky. Only thing tempting me into getting one was the trade in deal as I don't think it is worth dropping $200+ on. I hope they extend the deal until they actually have stock in or I could just try and sell my XL somewhere else.

Hugstable

Banned
oh my god a week? I can not wait that long O.O

I think it might have just been an estimate and they don't know when they are getting any back in. Either way the promo is gonna be done by then :(

The same boat I am in. Didn't want to do midnight release and hope to get lucky. Only thing tempting me into getting one was the trade in deal as I don't think it is worth dropping $200+ on. I hope they extend the deal until they actually have stock in or I could just try and sell my XL somewhere else.

Selling it somewhere would be my only other option, but I've never sold anything like that and don't think I trust trying to sell it on Ebay or something. I have sold digital codes in the BST thread before, but I've never sold physical goods, so I don't really know all what I'm supposed to do, or what I'm supposed to price it at for the ALBW Zelda LE XL

Dominator

Nope, went to GameStop at opening and they only had enough for pre-orders. Foolish of me to think Nintendo would stock a new piece of HARDWARE well, but they have not.

Prototype

All gamestop in my area are sold out. Other stores have them, but only gamestop is doing the 100$ trade in offer for a regular xl.

Nope, went to GameStop at opening and they only had enough for pre-orders. Foolish of me to think Nintendo would stock a new piece of HARDWARE well, but they have not.

If it's anything like my GameStop there were a lot of pre-orders. I feel like they actually did well supply wise, the demand was just higher than they thought.

Mash83

I went into my local Best Buy on my lunch break and they had 3 in the cage up front by the registers. 1 black 2 red, I bought the black unit. No idea how many they had to begin with. I live in Indianapolis, IN for reference.

Went to the GS at the military base in my town and there was nobody in line before open, they had about 10-15 regular systems, and 1 of each LE to sell.

Cbajd5

Got mine, just have it re-downloading MH4U now since I got the bundle and did a transfer.

Obviously they were going to be scarce, Nintendo and retailers don't want another situation where they have hardware sitting on shelves or in warehouses for months, and a 3DS revision just screams that as a possibility. Retailers were going to be cautious ordering more than they needed to fulfill pre-orders as a result.

I can understand if you didn't make it in time to pre-order one of the special editions, but the normal black and red systems weren't out of pre-orders until just this week...

Dominator

If it's anything like my GameStop there were a lot of pre-orders. I feel like they actually did well supply wise, the demand was just higher than they thought.
2 Red, 3 Black. I work there so I know how many haha

I'm only part time though and I haven't worked for days and I had no clue how many we were getting the last time I worked. Didn't think it essential to reserve but now I'm stuck.

Yushi

I was hoping to get lucky with my small local game shop. I know GS, BB and others are usually sold out, and i've been lucky with my litle shop every now and then. Thing is, i can only get it at 6:30pm. Will post if i'm lucky or not.

My friend offered me the MM edition at cost (he ended up with 4) so I'm "lucky" enough to be in the position of taking my time to figure out whether or not I want one.

I keep telling myself I don't need it but every time a new thread pops up I crack a little.

Introduce me to your friend.

I still haven't seen one in my country yet, and probably won't for the coming weeks/months.

skeleton-waiting-543592bcbbc65.jpg

Kacho

Gold Member
Crazy. I'm glad I didn't wait until after work today. Once I saw that my MH 3DS was canceled at GameStop I immediately put in an order for store pick up at my local Best Buy and grabbed it a lunch. Best Buy is out completely now.

The Lamp

Lol how many times are you guys going to get fucked over at launch by Nintendo products before you learn that with Nintendo you gotta preorder?

It sucks, though. I'm glad I preordered. My GameStop even had a midnight launch.

FaintDeftone

I picked mine up at Best Buy around 11am this morning and they were wiped out. I was pretty fortunate I was able to grab one using in-store pickup online before they were gone.

Top Bottom