• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...Can anyone find a New 3DS XL right now? It seems sold out everywhere

Alchemy

NoA really is underselling fucking everything at this point, damn. Imagine the shitstorm they'll create if the 3DS successor or Wii U successor is a super hot item.

Went to Gamestop and they said every Gamestop in the area is sold out, and they'd only gotten enough to fulfill the preorders.

Went to Walmart and they were sold out.

Went to another Walmart and they were sold out.

Passed two Gamestops on the way, didn't bother checking either of them.

Finally found one at Best Buy.

I think demand was higher than expected (the Gamestop guy said he'd gotten a ton of calls about it), but I think NoA and their inability to properly supply their products is also to blame.

Lgndryhr

Best Buy online shows black one in stock. Seen plenty of black one in stock in stores in my area, but red one seems scarce.

I'm not shocked by the low inventory. The 3DS is not selling like they want in the U.S. That's why we only got the XL. We almost didn't the new 3DS.

Vena

I think demand was higher than expected (the Gamestop guy said he'd gotten a ton of calls about it), but I think NoA and their inability to properly supply their products is also to blame.

From our people in the know (in this very thread), seems both are to blame.

Tried gamestop first. Normally I go to target/best buy but gamestop was closer and they were sold out. Tried target right after and they had plenty. Gamestop continues to hold its L.

That groupon deal is a great one if you don't mind waiting around 2 weeks, no tax for some too. Sucks for people who can't find one yet. The shipments must not be uniform, the BB and Target I went to earlier had a good amount of both the regulars.

Pejo

Just got home from Best Buy in the SF Bay area (Pleasant Hill) and grabbed one and MH4U. They had 2 left in stock after mine. Man compared to some poor souls in this thread, I had it easy.

Plus I had some gift cards and reward certificates, got both items for around 140 bucks.

Now to look up that transferring data thread....

ViciousDS

Banned
I'll stop by my best buy and gamestop tonight....if either have one ill buy it and ship it out to a feller gaffer for what i payed for it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, anyone have experience with ordering online from Best Buy? Actually I never order stuff online, sort of nervous about something going wrong.

R0ckman

Any true Nintendo fan preorders his/her stuff as soon as it's announced and not later.

Yeah, NoA's incompetence is something else. Does NoJ know that NoA is screwing up product launches this bad? Do stakeholders?

If anything, this is probably NoA's solution to a problem that NCL and the stakeholder's want an answer to.

carlsojo

Went to Gamestop this morning and someone got the last one just before I got there. I went to Best Buy afterwards, they had two left. I was all set to get it, but they only offered me 18 bucks for my old 3DSXL (whereas Gamestop was offering 100). The point's moot since Gamestop didn't have any, but it wasn't worth it to me to get it RIGHT NOW, especially since I go back to work Sunday. :/

Velcro Fly

Damn I got a coupon for triple reward points at Best Buy and I was hoping to use it with getting a n3DS

Also it's been known forever that supply at launch was going to be small. You could preorder the regular ones online for weeks.

blackflag

I got lucky last night. The GS manager knew I was trying to get one but they only got enough in for preorders. Someone cancelled theirs and he called me up. That's the only way I got one.

lt519

Huh, was on work travel all week was planning on waltzing into a Gamestop Sunday and doing the trade in. Guess that's not happening. Oh well, I can wait.

When a Nintendo product is readily available, it's a problem because there's no hype and if people wanted it it would be sold out.

But when a Nintendo product is sold out the company is incompetent and the item should have never come out to begin with.

I preordered through best buy like last week cause I was worried this would happen. I did it online and unfortunately did free shipping so no weekend with new3ds but thats good.....wouldn't want it being my last weekend having a wife and all lol.

Memory

Considering the last Nintendo console bombed at stores why would people think retailers would stock lots of extras?

Normally shops only stock half of what gets pre-ordered. So if 20 people pre-order the store whould only get an extra 10.

Aeana

I missed my chance to pre-order, so I figured I'd just wait until the next shipment, but this thread made me check Best Buy store pickup info for it and one of the stores nearby still had stock, so I just set that up. Just got the pickup e-mail. Going to pick it up in a little bit. Definitely got lucky there.

Stopped by a Best Buy and a Toys R Us around the middle of the day. Toys R Us had 5 on display while Best Buy had about 8 or 9 left. Black is moving way quicker than red.

taco543

I'm in Fresno ca and I went to best buy, wal mart, and target this morning to look for a major as mask ce game. And there was a ton of new 3ds available in all places

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't actually try to meet any demand, this artificial supply constraint thing is stupid, just as it's always been.

I'm not feeling it, though. My 3DS has a cracked hinge, but it works just fine, and I don't really want this alleged upgrade because I need my CPP to play Monster Hunter 4 without losing my mind.

I've got a strong feeling that's why the regular N3ds didnt come to america yet. Probably an e3 anncmnt. "we've heard our fans and we want to give them what they want" Makes them seem like a hero, and enough time to build stock.

Why are people comparing what was purported to be a system relaunch with specifically labeled limited edition items like majora's mask and turboniche collectors stuff like shulk amiibo?

antonz

Just another event in a chain of events that continues to lessen my enthusiasm for Nintendo.

Can't be that hard to supply even a moderately decent amount so that stores get more than 2 or 3. It's not like Nintendo is in such hot demand shits flying off the shelf daily.

Oh I know maybe if they would remove the stupid region locking bullshit they would have 1 pool of supply instead of having to divide it into 3 separate regions.

The sad excuse for a launch...
4K6dgNn.jpg

I was fortunate enough to preorder mine at Best Buy, because I just left with my system, Majora's Mask, MonHun4, a Toon Link and Bowser Amiibo (Lord help me. These are my first Amiibos, and they are so pretty), and a new charger for my XL I'm passing off to my son now; and they were completely wiped out. No black, red, or MM special editions to be found anywhere here in Noblesville.

zeioIIDX

Just came from Walmart. They had one red and one black sitting there all lonely.... Alas, I have no money for one right now so I had to leave empty handed lol. I live in Mississippi so video gamea and consoles have never been terribly hard to come by around here. If I lived back home in Chicago, that would be a different story!

Calamari41

41 > 38
If you want something physical from Nintendo in the US, you have to pre-order it. It's always been this way. I still remember my mom complaining to me about the Target near us, which serves thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people, only getting two copies of Diddy Kong Racing at launch. This is their MO.

Damn, and I just thought the special editions were scarce. The regular models too? I'm heading out later and I'll check out BB, Target and Walmart to see if they have any.

Revven

I mean, it's baffling. I don't remember DSis being so supply constrained -- anyone remember what that launch was like? I didn't follow it so maybe my memory is off. I don't recall reading stuff about DSis being hard to find and anytime I went to retail stores I never saw them with only a few consoles in stock.

How can a company like NoA be so off the mark with demand for this launch? It's like they were expecting it to do the OG 3DS' numbers in 2011... or felt people wouldn't jump onto it if they had a 3DS already.

ExiledMarkzmen

Neo Member
Picked mine up in Brooklyn at Target this morning. FYI if anyone in NYC hasn't gotten one yet. The toys r us in times square still has plenty. Just went with a friend and picked his up 30minutes ago.

It's a neat upgrade but I'm waiting until this fall for a BF deal. In the meantime I'm fine with the reg XL and looking forward to Puzzles and Dragons Mario Ed.

Top Bottom