• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...Can anyone find a New 3DS XL right now? It seems sold out everywhere

HeeHo

Went into GS like 30 mins after opening...All gone. Went to the Target next door, none.

Went to another GS, none. Went to another Target next to it yet again and voila!

I feel like you'd have more luck not going to Gamestop.

I'm not shocked, it's not like portables are a huge market anyway...especially in the US. By now, you should be used to their practices if you've been paying any attention to the videogame market.

Bubba77

I walked into the cherry hill, nj target 75 minutrs after opening. They had about 10 units half red half black. Picked up a black one. They did say people came to grab the majoras mask versions early.

wth now their ~let's undership this~ policy is spreading into their hardware as well?

I got the DSi, OG 3DS, and the XL out of pure impulse on the day of/few days after their releases. It's moronic that I may not be able to just go "You know what, let's get a ____ today!" anymore. -.-

Always preorder Nintendo products. That what I learned awhile back.

If you've been reading this thread, you'll see that many people did and we still don't have anything to show for it.

In 2015, pre-ordering a Nintendo product in America really doesn't guarantee anything.

Oh, meant to mention earlier. Made an amiibo run this afternoon looking for young Link. Can't find that bastard anywhere. But I did find the n3ds at Toys R Us.

KaYotiX

Banned
Oh yes. Nintendo loves to deliberately lose money.

Then they are just plain incompetent, everyone wants a majoras mask or monster hunter n3ds but they made like 10 for North America.

Frustrating when I Preorder one of each and didn't get either.

tarheel91

It's like no one on GAF has ever worked in a manufacturing environment or understands the challenges with a new product launch. This stuff is not as easy as a lot of posters seem to think it is.

It's like no one on GAF has ever worked in a manufacturing environment or understands the challenges with a new product launch. This stuff is not as easy as a lot of posters seem to think it is.

Nah, obviously Nintendo does this on purpose because they love the attention they get from complaining consumers. ;)

Neiteio

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

"We'll try to meet demand, but if we can't keep up, and people end up wanting our product more because of it, well, all the merrier."

The last time I can recall having difficulty finding any new piece of video game hardware was the original wii. I don't think customers are at fault for expecting a console revision to have decent availability.

co1onel

I ordered one for in store pick up at best buy at around 10:30 this morning. As soon as I got the email saying it was ready to be picked up I noticed the website showed they were out of stock. I guess I got lucky. i just walked into bestbuy about an hour ago and picked it up.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Apparently Nintendo doesn't either, considering Microsoft and Sony did a very good job for their last round of hardware launches.

Jedi2016

Local BB didn't even get enough to fill pre-orders (including mine). Said a LOT of people got missed, they were nowhere close to getting enough, and it might be weeks before it gets filled. Not only that, they're giving credit to people whose pre-orders got missed. They don't make much money on hardware like this, that'll put them in the red for every one. Corporate's gotta be pissed at getting shortchanged by Nintendo like this.

Meffer

If you've been reading this thread, you'll see that many people did and we still don't have anything to show for it.

In 2015, pre-ordering a Nintendo product in America really doesn't guarantee anything.
That's weird. I preordered my N3DSXL and picked it up without a hitch.

I only wanted to do the trade in deal GameStop had.but I needed to transfer my games on it and I didn't have the money to preorder it at the time. So now I'm screwed of the discount and a 3ds. This is terrible. Nintendo needs to end this madness. It would have been less of a problem if they sold both regular and the xl. But they would find a way to screw that up also.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Nabbed the last red one in the west LA best buy. Swapped it out for my black one that I ordered for in-store pickup, so there was at least one left there.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
No, I don't think YOU understand. If more people call Nintendo incompetent because they didn't have the foresight to pre-order, then it must be true! Enough said!

herod

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't actually try to meet any demand, this artificial supply constraint thing is stupid, just as it's always been.

I'm not feeling it, though. My 3DS has a cracked hinge, but it works just fine, and I don't really want this alleged upgrade because I need my CPP to play Monster Hunter 4 without losing my mind.

this post is schizo

Iorv3th

They only shipped a small amount to most stores. Want to say gamestop near me only got enough for pre-orders. Walmart had like 6.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't have any trouble getting mine. Should be quite available.

Anything Limited Edition though.....fucking Nintendo.....

Amiibos not part of main series? Fucked
N3DS MonHun? MM? Fucked
MonHun LE? Fucked
MM LE? Fucked

Rocky

Banned
No, I don't think YOU understand. If more people call Nintendo incompetent because they didn't have the foresight to pre-order, then it must be true! Enough said!

Did YOU read the topic? People did preorder and they aren't getting filled. Go back to gamefaqs, defender.

Hugstable

Banned

Hmm this might be the best way for me to get this system anytime soon, wanted to trade things in for it to lessen the cost though.

Does anyone know what a good selling price is for a ALBW Gold Zelda 3DS XL that's in great condition (still looks almost new)? If anything I can try selling it in the BST thread later or something. I tried calling both Gamestops next to my house, and they said they would notify me if they got any in or if anyone cancels there preorder, so I'm maybe still holding out a bit of hope for that. Mostly looking at GS since they are doing that Trade In promo for 100$ for the 3DS XL

boltz

They're not losing money. If anything being a hard to find item is likely to get fence sitters jumping off to claim one.

Not the first time they're done this.

This logic is makes no sense. So any company trying to sell something should limit supplies and poof you have people rushing out to buy your product.

If someone is a fence sitter, then having a tough time acquiring said product is exactly a reason to go look elsewhere.

What a completely unexpected event.Can't find Pikmin 3, can't find Gamecube adapters, can't find amiibos, and now you can't find New 3DS XLs. I guess they must be selling like absolute hotcakes and Nintendo could have never been expected to meet this kind of demand...again.

taco543

The fuck? I live an hour away in Merced and there isn't shit here
Yeah idk what to say I'm at work right now I checked all those places before coming in and they all had em target only had like 5 red and like 6 black but the rest had quite a few

Alfredo

None of the Gamestops here have any.

The Toys R Us I went to had like 4.

I was really excited to get a New 3DS XL, but after the trouble of finding one, I'm kinda glad I decided to save that money...and use it to buy that PlayStation Vita TV from Amazon this morning, lol.

I'll wait 'til they bring over the regular New 3DS, if ever.

Sucks for anyone living in Georgia right now. Checked Gamestop.com local store things, Black New 3DS XL, low stock at 3 different locations, each 70 miles from the deadcenter of Georgia. Evans Georgia, and Atlanta apparently are the only gamestops with one in stock.

Maybe its just me but if you didnt preorder this thing after all of the recent amiibo, zelda le and other products that have sold out super fast... its your own damn fault.

I preordered it the day it was announced on Best Buy and it got canceled.

I bought one from Target.com today and that was canceled.

This whole thing is a mess.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I checked at Best Buy this afternoon and they were out. Apparently there were 40 people lined up Target when they opened up today. Crazy.

Closest available New 3DS is 50 miles away from me.

boltz

I work in a manufacturing facility and can appreciate the supply difficulties for a product launch. But Nintendo gets paid to figure out those issues, not the consumer.

Heroman

Banned
Sucks for anyone living in Georgia right now. Checked Gamestop.com local store things, Black New 3DS XL, low stock at 3 different locations, each 70 miles from the deadcenter of Georgia. Evans Georgia, and Atlanta apparently are the only gamestops with one in stock.
Don't go to GameStop, they only order enough for preorders, check Walmart I just got one in stone mountain.

Top Bottom