• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...Can anyone find a New 3DS XL right now? It seems sold out everywhere

RagnarokX

Nintendo loves to create artificial supply constraints.

This is a silly idea. It came about when Wii was selling out months on end and people tried to rationalize away the success by pretending that Nintendo was just artificially constraining supply to make things look better. But the Wii was the fastest selling console of all time at the time and you don't do that by manufacturing less than previous consoles.

marrec

Banned
So I was able to order one from Best Buy (had a few rewards certs) and now I'm debating cancelling the order because it won't even be here until next week on Thursday.

I wonder if I'll just be able to walk into a store and get one no problems or if this is going to be a typical Nintendo supply issue for months.

So I was able to order one from Best Buy (had a few rewards certs) and now I'm debating cancelling the order because it won't even be here until next week on Thursday.

I wonder if I'll just be able to walk into a store and get one no problems or if this is going to be a typical Nintendo supply issue for months.

Target only has the Red 3DS right now but their free shipping lists it as arriving between next Monday to next Wednesday, much sooner than BB's estimate. Went with them instead and cancelled my BB order.

enoki

Target only has the Red 3DS right now but their free shipping lists it as arriving between next Monday to next Wednesday, much sooner than BB's estimate. Went with them instead and cancelled my BB order.

I paid $10 for 2-day shipping with Target, it's estimated to arrive this Friday.

marrec

Banned

Eh, with the GCU points gotten from this and the certs I already have, BB is the much cheaper option.

Though that red color is tempting me. *tempted* Although I do have a 15 dollar GC from Target for the Majora's Mask edition debacle.

I paid $10 for 2-day shipping with Target, it's estimated to arrive this Friday.

yeah, i'm not in a rush to get the system before this weekend since I still need to pass by my brother's house to borrow some of his 3DS games as i actually don't intend on buying a game for it for a while (never had a 3DS before). Still, rather get it possibly on monday as opposed to BB's earliest estimates being next thursday.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Apparently I can only select store pickup for the Best Buy N3DSXL. And when I try to, it says unavailable for any of the stores near me.

Guess that's another failed attempt!

Cody_D165

Banned
christ that was fast... guess I got lucky by being at my PC at the right time... seems to be a common thing with Nintendo products these days

Nintendo why

HF2014

Checked out every Gamestop: sold out, Best buy: Sold Out, Target: Sold Out, they are either selling out because it selling incredibly well or nintendo sucks at shipping. Im guessing a bit of both.

Can any of you find a New 3DS XL right now? Because I certainly can't

Its been a Nintendo strategy since the beginning. Release low quantity at first when a new product came out. Retailers will panic because of the demand, pre-order 10x more than usual and Nintendo will release them a few month after release.

HF2014

This is a silly idea. It came about when Wii was selling out months on end and people tried to rationalize away the success by pretending that Nintendo was just artificially constraining supply to make things look better. But the Wii was the fastest selling console of all time at the time and you don't do that by manufacturing less than previous consoles.

Its not a silly idea. Its part of the strategy Nintendo have been pulling out for years. You dont remember the Wii sellings for hundreds and hundreds more dollars on ebay? Amibo? Christ i even remember some people i onew who were grabbing some low quantity their were receving on costco and making like 200-300$ profit on auction site.

Its a product that need to get a hype level raised. I expect the same thing happening with this New 3DS. What would be their point to release, let say, 200 system per store? People who wanted to get it right away will buy it but after that you wont really hear about it. Normal people will see it as just another 3DS. By releasing low quantity, it create a wave to make people talk about it.

Its not a silly idea. Its part of the strategy Nintendo have been pulling out for years. You dont remember the Wii sellings for hundreds and hundreds more dollars on ebay? Amibo? Christ i even remember some people i onew who were grabbing some low quantity their were receving on costco and making like 200-300$ profit on auction site.

Its a product that need to get a hype level raised. I expect the same thing happening with this New 3DS. What would be their point to release, let say, 200 system per store? People who wanted to get it right away will buy it but after that you wont really hear about it. Normal people will see it as just another 3DS. By releasing low quantity, it create a wave to make people talk about it.

This would make complete and total sense if the Wii U wasn't incredibly well stocked on launch and pretty much every day since.

Just grabbed one at my local Target (McKnight Rd in Pgh). They had about 7 red models. The associate I spoke to said they got them in this morning. They hadn't seen any since launch.

HF2014

This would make complete and total sense if the Wii U wasn't incredibly well stocked on launch and pretty much every day since.

I think what happen with the Wii U is that it was bash from the beginning ( stupid name, no 3rd party developpers support or doubt, low power on par with PS3 and Xbox 360 , and weak library compare to PS3 and X360). I think Nintendo wanted to make it availablle for everyone to see to gain a market from PS3 and Xbox 360 owner. With the New 3DS, well they have no competition, just another occasion to make another product that people will talk about it. Wii was not the same thing because it was bringing something the other console couldnt do:movement sensor . It was sick when it was release, first batch sold like pancakes. If my memory is right ( it make a long time ...) when the N64 was release, it was a bit of the same thing, hard to get at first than after a few weeks it was flooding the market, people just wanted Mario 64.

marrec

Banned
Just grabbed one at my local Target (McKnight Rd in Pgh). They had about 7 red models. The associate I spoke to said they got them in this morning. They hadn't seen any since launch.
Crap, I wonder if there are any at the South Hills Village mall Target.

I want instant gratification.

Wife spotted some at our local Target and snatched a black one for me! :)
Same Target that was sold out this past weekend, so keep trying guys!

Crap, I wonder if there are any at the South Hills Village mall Target.

I want instant gratification.

I'd say don't trust what you see on the stores websites, give a call around or head over... I was there to buy pants and just stopped by the electronics to see with zero expectation of finding one and lo and behold there they were! They had about a half a dozen in stock at around 3 o'clock.

Remk

I am currently in Las Vegas and I tried a Gamestop, a Best Buy and a Toys r us and came empty handed, stupid Nintendo I just want to give you money :(
Any ideas/sightings?

Vena

I am currently in Las Vegas and I tried a Gamestop, a Best Buy and a Toys r us and came empty handed, stupid Nintendo I just want to give you money :(
Any ideas/sightings?

Shogun said that GameStop will be getting new stock soon. So there's that, check with your local GameStop.

I had to order mine online from Walmart's website thingy. Local store has jack stuff, Same for Gamestop. They barely have any Amiiboes either but that's for another thread.

MizzouRah

I'm in Indianapolis for business. Stopped by the Target in Plainville and they probably had 7 in stock; red and black.

I had a terrible experience with Walmart yesterday in Kansas City. I was trying to pick up a system before my trip, and saw they had some in stock and available for in-store pick up. I ordered it, paid, and waited for my confirmation telling me to pick up my 3DS.

Two hours later (expected) I receive my confirmation that I can pick up the 3DS. I drive 40 minutes on my lunch break to go get it, only to have the store tell me they don't know why I received a notification as the only one they had in stock was a return and 'broken or something'. They cancelled my order without asking before even returning.

When I got back to the office, I saw that WalMart had some in stock online, so I ordered and got them to comp rush shipping for me. I ordered at 2:45pm Central time, and the 3DS was delivered, originating in Georgia before 9am the next day. VERY impressive UPS.

Regardless... I'm out of town, so I just bought one when I found it. Now I'm trying to do the transfer process with a heavily loaded 16 gig card from my ALBW XL to the new one... not easy without my PC handy.

This bundle, since it doesn't include a power cable, implies that the person already had a 3DS. If they already had one, how did they not have Smash?

This bundle makes no sense. Include an AC Adapter before a player's guide.

Yeah, calling it a "Starter Bundle" without an AC adapter is pretty bad.

enoki

This bundle, since it doesn't include a power cable, implies that the person already had a 3DS. If they already had one, how did they not have Smash?

This bundle makes no sense. Include an AC Adapter before a player's guide.

I agree completely; especially since it's just an e-guide.

BokehKing

Banned
Yesterday targets website they had none, today 6 out of 10 targets with-in 30 minutes of my location said that they had some in stock....

lets just say I got excited for no reason

some of them got 2 units in, and sold out immediately

all I want is a new 3ds xl
I've been buying games for it lol..

ZOONAMI

So I just got my second n3ds xl. The first one I returned to toys r us because the 3d was wonky and the screen had way too much wobble. This one is from Walmart, and it is perfect. Absolutely zero screen wobble or movement from side to side. Nice and tight ...

Tygamr

Picked up a red New 3DS XL from GameStop. They had around 10 just sitting on the counter. They didn't have any black ones though. A bunch of Seattle area GameStops must have restocked today because the website shows like 12ish stores with stock.

GTI Guy

Picked up a red New 3DS XL from GameStop. They had around 10 just sitting on the counter. They didn't have any black ones though. A bunch of Seattle area GameStops must have restocked today because the website shows like 12ish stores with stock.

Pretty much the same story for me....Redmond washington

Apt101

I saw two at Target last night while I was picking up a few items. I thought about getting one, but remembered I already have a Vita and two consoles and never played my old 3DS.

matm666

Any one knows the current status of BestBuy stock? I plan to pick up one from the store this Friday, you guys think I will find one?

Top Bottom