• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So can anyone tell me what this President Pelosi stuff is?

Oct 15, 2019
New York
Twitter is flooded with people saying that something happened today that not only nails Trump, but will end with Pence out too. I don't see many details, and I really dont want to engage Politics Twitter, so can someone let me know what actually happened? I'm sure its hyperbole like all the WW III stuff, but I still want to know what started it.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Who are you and where do you come from?

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Twitter is flooded with people saying that something happened today that not only nails Trump, but will end with Pence out too. I don't see many details, and I really dont want to engage Politics Twitter, so can someone let me know what actually happened? I'm sure its hyperbole like all the WW III stuff, but I still want to know what started it.
Nothing happened. It is just twitter being twitter.

Oct 15, 2019
New York
Who are you and where do you come from?
What? I'm a relatively new member from the US. I just was wondering if anyone knew what that whole twitter trend was talking about. Figured this was probably the best place to get a straight answer since you guys seemed pretty on top of the whole Iran thing.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Cool, just thought I must be missing something. Kernel of truth at the center of everything and all that. Glad to hear it's just twitter exaggerating old news again.
Never listen to twitter. Again and again we see that it is just a number of different echo chambers that make things up to get approval from their peers. Actually, you should stop reading pol-twitter completely. Crazy can rub off if you read too much of it. Don't risk it.

Sometimes, like this time, I lean more towards it being a very successful trolling campaign from 4chan, and retarded pol-twitter picked up and ran with it, actually believing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt404au
Oct 15, 2019
New York
Never listen to twitter. Again and again we see that it is just a number of different echo chambers that make things up to get approval from their peers. Actually, you should stop reading twitter completely.

Sometimes, like this time, I lean more against it being a very successful trolling campaign from 4chan, and retarded pol-twitter picked up and ran with it, actually believing it.
Oh I don't take anything from there at face value. I mainly use it to keep track of artists I like. I just saw President Pelosi trending and got curious.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Oh I don't take anything from there at face value. I mainly use it to keep track of artists I like. I just saw President Pelosi trending and got curious.
That sounds like sane use. Just remember to block everyone that posts anything political. They are pretty much all crazy.

For the rumor, it would have been even funnier if they also said that :
President Pelosi also declared tomorrow as a new national holiday and everyone could take the day off. No need to even call in, just take the day off.

To just see how many people would fall for it. (sadly I think a lot would)

Reactions: TheKillerStove

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
It was likely a reaction to Maddow's interview with Lev Parnas who looked like he was giving rehearsed responses. I only watched a short clip, but a brief summary from The Hill made it sound like he implicated both Pence and William Barr which only reinforced my belief that I made the right choice in steering clear from MSNBC. They're trying to pile onto the narrative same way they did with Russian collusion because they're desperate to win back public support.

Not the first time it's trended either. In Jan. 2019 it was a response to Trump cancelling her Afghanistan trip, in Sept. it was a response to a Trump press conf where he mentioned Pence's call to Zelensky, in Nov. it was a response to Sondland's testimony... lots of rabid anti-Trumpers with money to spend on bots and little more. It's all lazy disinformation and wishful thinking.

Oct 15, 2019
New York
It was likely a reaction to Maddow's interview with Lev Parnas who looked like he was giving rehearsed responses. I only watched a short clip, but a brief summary from The Hill made it sound like he implicated both Pence and William Barr which only reinforced my belief that I made the right choice in steering clear from MSNBC. They're trying to pile onto the narrative same way they did with Russian collusion because they're desperate to win back public support.

Not the first time it's trended either. In Jan. 2019 it was a response to Trump cancelling her Afghanistan trip, in Sept. it was a response to a Trump press conf where he mentioned Pence's call to Zelensky, in Nov. it was a response to Sondland's testimony... lots of rabid anti-Trumpers with money to spend on bots and little more. It's all lazy disinformation and wishful thinking.
That makes a bit more sense and lines up with what I saw them saying. Figured the core incident was something minor like that, but was just curious what it actually was.

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
Trump will not leave office this year. There are nowhere near enough votes in the senate for that and I've not seen any credible evidence against Pence that would support removing him from office.

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
The Trump Brand is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It's over, period. Trump lost his last ace, and that's the end of his presidential hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Trump. Trump has nothing left, nothing he can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Trump vote. Except if they want to play with leg hairs. Which will also come to the White House at some point.

Biden took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to vote for Trump over Biden (except GUN LOL RIGHTS), and the cavalcade of tiny policies that will be nice but won't stir up any votes is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Trump.

There may be some hardcore voter's that stick around. Some did it for Yang. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Trump is done.

Last edited:

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
so this isn’t a good look for trump and nunes at all and i am not the one to take the words of a criminal but apparently he has emails and text messages which will hold up in the senate

He also says Nunes knew everything whereas previously he didn’t recall any conversation with him. After this news broke out he is now saying he does remember it but it was an odd conversation.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
so this isn’t a good look for trump and nunes at all and i am not the one to take the words of a criminal but apparently he has emails and text messages which will hold up in the senate

He also says Nunes knew everything whereas previously he didn’t recall any conversation with him. After this news broke out he is now saying he does remember it but it was an odd conversation.

Lev Parnas is repeating something he said weeks/months ago, including the bit about how Parnas was told by someone in Ukraine that Nunes had a conversation with... it's all so tiresome. You're referencing an interview on MSNBC with Rachel Maddow. I might as well counter with a Hannity video lol

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Lev Parnas is repeating something he said weeks/months ago, including the bit about how Parnas was told by someone in Ukraine that Nunes had a conversation with... it's all so tiresome. You're referencing an interview on MSNBC with Rachel Maddow. I might as well counter with a Hannity video lol
i get what you mean by that but it isn’t so much the outlet in which he was interviewed but rather the content within it. if he had no evidence to back this up it would just appear as a desperate man willing to take down others to save his own ass; in part there’s probably a lot of truth to that but he does have the “receipts” to back up his claims. He’s essentially a Russian 6ix9ine right now ratting everyone out

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
i get what you mean by that but it isn’t so much the outlet in which he was interviewed but rather the content within it. if he had no evidence to back this up it would just appear as a desperate man willing to take down others to save his own ass;
That's exactly how it appears. And he's talking to Rachel Maddow. Like I said, time to start shitting up the forum with Hannity if this is the low standard we accept for breaking news. Surely Maddow's long chain of lies and misinformation has earned her a reputation that is worthy of being mentioned?

in part there’s probably a lot of truth to that but he does have the “receipts” to back up his claims. He’s essentially a Russian 6ix9ine right now ratting everyone out
No he's not. He's playing the game with thirsty conspiracy nuts like Rachel Maddow in an attempt to pass himself off as some high-level snitch who knows where all the bodies are buried. The alternative is sitting with the label of stooge who got caught for his own behavior. This does not pass the "too good to be true" smell test, or if we're going to stoop to this level then you need to provide equal if not greater weight to people like Shokin who straight-up claim his firing was a conspiracy from Joe Biden.

We have received plenty of convenient "insiders" pop up over the last few years to support a Democrat narrative and it hasn't worked out too well so far. Unless lefties are still standing up for the FBI and stuff like that, too :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sign

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I haven’t listened to much of the Parnas interview because it’s Maddow. From what I understand he is currently being squeezed to give up information after being charged with some sort of finance violation and jail time. The DOJ said the information from his interview is false. Who knows how truthful what he is saying is.

As with anything wait a week and see how the story develops. We saw stuff like this happen dozens of times with the Russia stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: pennythots

Loke

May 16, 2018
The Trump Brand is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It's over, period. Trump lost his last ace, and that's the end of his presidential hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Trump. Trump has nothing left, nothing he can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Trump vote. Except if they want to play with leg hairs. Which will also come to the White House at some point.

Biden took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to vote for Trump over Biden (except GUN LOL RIGHTS), and the cavalcade of tiny policies that will be nice but won't stir up any votes is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was Trump.

There may be some hardcore voter's that stick around. Some did it for Yang. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of Trump is done.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: oatmeal and Grinchy

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Notice how the same people who have been mouthing off about "Soviet era goons" being used to expose "dirt" on political rivals are now right on board with the same foriegn person because he is "exposing corruption" of their political rivals? Fucking pack of useful idiots.
I’m with you on that. If it was just Parnas saying these things I would not take anything he says with a grain of salt. However, he says there’s emails and texts to back up his claims. So those are what I would look at as valid and not what he says

also remember people shit on sondland for “suddenly remembering” the things he said he forgot once the news broke out and now Nunes is literally doing the same thing

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
I’m with you on that. If it was just Parnas saying these things I would not take anything he says with a grain of salt. However, he says there’s emails and texts to back up his claims. So those are what I would look at as valid and not what he says

also remember people shit on sondland for “suddenly remembering” the things he said he forgot once the news broke out and now Nunes is literally doing the same thing
Giuliani has sworn testimony and verified documents. Didn't stop anyone from throwing his reputation under the bus. As for Nunes all he said was that he didn't remember a phone call from this guy. Are you aware of how many people he gets phone calls from? Remembering conversations vs remembering getting a random phone call which he claims he directed him at his staff isn't literally the same thing.

At this point I trust that Giuliani has a counter to all of this over someone flipping to save themselves from jail.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Giuliani has sworn testimony and verified documents. Didn't stop anyone from throwing his reputation under the bus. As for Nunes all he said was that he didn't remember a phone call from this guy. Are you aware of how many people he gets phone calls from? Remembering conversations vs remembering getting a random phone call which he claims he directed him at his staff isn't literally the same thing.

At this point I trust that Giuliani has a counter to all of this over someone flipping to save themselves from jail.
but that’s the same thing sondland was criticized for. Either way, I don’t trust Parnas or Rudy at this point. What I will believe are the documents that support their claims.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
RussiaGate people counting their chickens before they hatch + wishful thinking.

both Trump and Pence would have to be removed from office before this is a possibility. which is just... LOL... try to imagine Republicans voting for the removal of both of them... it's impossible

Last edited:

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
I agree this is some new info, but I don't think it is particularly damning or showing.

We have:

(a) Lev Parnas telling that Trump "knew exactly what was going on", but there's no elaboration as to what that "what" was, and the extent of proof that Trump "knew exactly" shown in the piece is a note, written by Parnas, where he writes to himself to remember to ask Zelensky to state that Biden will be investigated. So what it was that Trump "knew exactly" that the note is supposedly showing? What was the communication from Trump to Parnas? Where is this - even in Parnas words? What is it?

(b) A letter from Giuliani to Zelensky where Giuliani states that he represents Trump, although as a private citizen and not as a president, and he wants to meet to have a short chat about something. So? What was in the chat? Was there any specific language that someone thinks represent some crime? What was it? "Until you do X, I won't do Y" or something like this? Where is it?

It's just theories of what could theoretically have happened again.

So, as I said, I agree this is some new info, but I don't think it is particularly damning or showing.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
Even if everything Parnas is true, what is wrong with it? People who spy on Trump and his delegates and leak classified information to the media are heroes, moles who report back to Trump on the insubordination of one of his ambassadors is somehow wrong though?

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Even if everything Parnas is true, what is wrong with it? People who spy on Trump and his delegates and leak classified information to the media are heroes, moles who report back to Trump on the insubordination of one of his ambassadors is somehow wrong though?
well one of the claims is that trump didn’t go after Ukraine for corruption but rather to dig dirt on Joe Biden, which even if you think is fine it means he lied to you and the rest of the American people

alsk what yovonovitch did was not insubordination if anything it was patriotic

Last edited:

accel

Formerly 'blackcrane'
Sep 11, 2015
well one of the claims is that trump didn’t go after Ukraine for corruption but rather to dig dirt on Joe Biden, which even if you think is fine it means he lied to you and the rest of the American people
And how does the testimony of Parnas confirm that?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

alsk what yovonovitch did was not insubordination if anything it was patriotic
Which is still corruption tied to the government when he was VP.

:pie_invert::messenger_ok:

Reactions: tfur and Cravis

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Which is still corruption tied to the government when he was VP.

:pie_invert::messenger_ok:
there’s so many things wrong with this line of thinking. One, if he really cared he would have gone after them way earlier. Aid was released to Ukraine under trump before he decided to stop it that one time. If trump really cared about corruption he wouldn’t have released aid previously. It’s not a coincidence he withheld aid once he found out Biden would be his strongest opponent and wanted dirt on him. Two, the president doesn’t send his personal lawyer to investigate corruption in other countries. Three, there were already completed investigations into Biden and none of them found him at fault. Lastly, and if this is true, using a foreign power to go after a political opponent is unconstitutional

• LOL

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I just read the docs. I don't see what is so incriminating about them. Am I missing something?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
there’s so many things wrong with this line of thinking. One, if he really cared he would have gone after them way earlier. Aid was released to Ukraine under trump before he decided to stop it that one time. If trump really cared about corruption he wouldn’t have released aid previously. It’s not a coincidence he withheld aid once he found out Biden would be his strongest opponent and wanted dirt on him. Two, the president doesn’t send his personal lawyer to investigate corruption in other countries. Three, there were already completed investigations into Biden and none of them found him at fault. Lastly, and if this is true, using a foreign power to go after a political opponent is unconstitutional
It was done after the video of Joe admitting to what he did surfaced.

The president can appoint any personal adviser, it is part of his executive rights. Giuliani was in politics longer than Trump, he is not just "some personal lawyer".

As for the "complete investigations", keep drinking the bullshit. I am not going down this road again with you. You are being purposely obtuse with how connected all their children (Biden, Pelosi, etc) just happen to be with those companies.

And your last point, you mean like the "Steel dossier"? It is not unconstitutional when you have an allied treaty, that was the excuse used for that, and we have one with the Ukraine.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008

USMC43

Mar 6, 2017
Where was all this supposed evidence in the, you know, House Impeachment proceedings??? They could've subpoenaed him, but they didn't. Instead, he goes on this dude's MSNBC show.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
i was trolling Era and someone was saying "Last time I watched Maddow was an insane Russian BOMBSHELL she dropped two years ago"

im just thinking, oh yeah, that great bombshell, the one that got Trump out of office for good, yeah, that one, two years ago, LOL...

eh, media gonna media. feel sad for the carnival marks buying her crap year after year but then again they are contributing to this whole shitshow so maybe i don't feel sad at all for them after all.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: desertdroog

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
i was trolling Era and someone was saying "Last time I watched Maddow was an insane Russian BOMBSHELL she dropped two years ago"

im just thinking, oh yeah, that great bombshell, the one that got Trump out of office for good, yeah, that one, two years ago, LOL...

eh, media gonna media. feel sad for the carnival marks buying her crap year after year but then again they are contributing to this whole shitshow so maybe i don't feel sad at all for them after all.
Fuck 'em, honestly.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Nothingburgers have been on the menu for awhile now, they serve up a new one whenever the bun on the old one gets stale.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016

Last edited:

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
If Trump is removed they may learn the cold hard lesson that it’s best to keep the devil you know than the devil you don’t know.

Reactions: Damage Inc

Sign

Jun 4, 2012
Omitting it was the new prosecutor that replaced the old one, under threat of civil aid being withheld, that "cleared" Burisma / Hunter / Biden (the very people that withheld said aid) is disingenuous at best.

We also have a treaty with Ukraine for investigating corruption. Running for President doesn't make you immune to investigation. It is not Trump's problem Biden was a corrupt pos while VP.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Sign

Jun 4, 2012

Funds were released before the cutoff date.
Yovanovitch purjured herself in the house by lying about not knowing about Biden's son / Burisma even though Obama admin had briefed her on it.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Omitting it was the new prosecutor that replaced the old one, under threat of civil aid being withheld, that "cleared" Burisma / Hunter / Biden (the very people that withheld said aid) is disingenuous at best.
so Biden was sent by Obama to investigate Ukraine's corruption. The corrupt prosecutor that was investigating his son was removed, but people don't seem to realize that the prosecutor that replaced him went harder on his son than the corrupt prosecutor did. You can't compare what Biden did to what Trump did because they are two vastly different things.

We also have a treaty with Ukraine for investigating corruption. Running for President doesn't make you immune to investigation. It is not Trump's problem Biden was a corrupt pos while VP.
Investigating corruption is one thing. Investigating a political opponent is another. Trump has repeatedly said he was not investigating Biden (if he did he would be in major trouble) so he said he was investigating corruption instead. Evidence is coming out (texts, emails) indicating that he was going after Biden, and not general corruption.