• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Chuck (NBC, 8 PM EST Mondays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
What's the Gaf verdict? Pretty good so far. The show loses a whole point for killing that Bryce guy in his one and only scene. That was guy was possibly the most badass man ever and he got taken down because he wasn't paying attention. Totally bogus. The show is pretty good otherwise though.

I am kind of watching it as the TV is on behind me with it showing.

they played that bomdigawowgigawow song twice, that is a minus, so I score it -1 so far just by sound.

Tamanon

Banned
It's probably not going to catch on, because it's being premiered right against Monday Night Football's opening.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just watched the episode and well it was awful. Why don't they just capture him or second thought, why put everything on one pc.

traveler

Not Wario
I've been watching it while waiting for Heroes. Kinda sucks; the "geek" dude really overreacts in his reactions and, for a character who is supposed to be the stereotypical nerd, he sure is pretty nice looking. And, c'mon, I'm supposed to believe she is a secret service agent? If the plot was interesting, the performances good, or the humor good, I could even tolerate that stuff, but it's nothing special as well.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
neojubei said:
Just watched the episode and well it was awful. Why don't they just capture him or second thought, why put everything on one pc.

it was even "completely Destroyed"

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
It just strikes me as way too far fetched. I get the vibe that it will run its concept dry, like My Name is Earl did with the the whole "I'm lucky, I'm gonna change the world" stuff, then drop it all together so it can limp on a while longer.

Reminds me of that movie where the kid gets struck be lighting when he's on his computer and his brains absorbs all the information in the world.

Goldrush

Loved that episode. The light-hearted take on the genre is refreshing. As long as it doesn't become too formulaic or take an emo dive, I'll keep watching, especially since it's in a convenient pre-Heroes time slot.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Great Rumbler said:
Reminds me of that movie where the kid gets struck be lighting when he's on his computer and his brains absorbs all the information in the world.

Fuck yeah, Kirk Cameron

pnjtony

Tamanon said:
It's probably not going to catch on, because it's being premiered right against Monday Night Football's opening.
With the exception of a large chunk of GAF most the geeks I know who would identify with this show don't watch football and aren't all that athletic so I don't see that as a problem.

However having a "geeky" show on before a comic book inspired show seems to be a touchdown!

seewhatIdidthere?

It was okay. The question is, why did the "rogue agent" attempt to steal the secrets, and why would he email (lol) them away before he died? Was it just to fuck over the people that killed him? Or, perhaps, did he discover some evil government plot and he was trying to do the right thing and over time Chuck will remember this too and convince his two sidekicks to join forces with him against the entire world?

email lol

I approve of this show, and since it's a good show on NBC, it'll get cancelled just like Black Donnellys.

EDIT: Jayne FTMFW!!

Oh, and to the guy saying GAF are assholes and it's nothing new, come on man!!

neogaf_dude.gif

pnjtony said:
With the exception of a large chunk of GAF most the geeks I know who would identify with this show don't watch football and aren't all that athletic so I don't see that as a problem.

However having a "geeky" show on before a comic book inspired show seems to be a touchdown!

seewhatIdidthere?

thecubist-i_see_what_you.gif

Pretty lightweight, but I was amused and laughed quite a few times. You kinda have to throw logic out the window with this one. It has Jayne, so that's cool. Can't say I mind that Yvonne girl running around in her skivvies, either. I'll keep watching for a few more weeks and see how it shapes up.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
This is one of those shows that is just supposed to be fun TV. It's kinda cool because there's not many shows that are just pointless fun anymore. The jokes are just so-so but the whole "captain" thing is pretty funny. "Awesome!"

anyways, yeah. I'll watch this show. it's programmed into my tivo. it's not getting the "omg must watch" effect that heroes and house get, but it's awesome for when i'm just chilling and there's nothing else on.

aparisi2274

just finished watching it...

I enjoyed it... thought it was good... Nothing spectacular, but at least its not Deal or No Deal

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
It was ok, although nothing I'd go out of my way to watch again -- and that's far, far better than I thought it would be.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I caught the last 15 minutes or so and found it profoundly painful to watch. I'm calling it: Cancelled, at the latest, by the end of the season.

JCX

you all are so hard on tv shows. I thought it was a nice show. Not "OMG" but nothing terrible. What (not cancelled) shows do you all even like?

probune

The guys on the Totally Rad Show said it was going to be incredibly terrible, so when I went in expecting that, I was pleasantly surprised to find an inoffensive, mediocre show. It's still not good (at all), but it does have Adam Baldwin in it :D

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
probune said:
The guys on the Totally Rad Show said it was going to be incredibly terrible, so when I went in expecting that, I was pleasantly surprised to find an inoffensive, mediocre show. It's still not good (at all), but it does have Adam Baldwin in it :D
its also got the guy that burned that church in the Patriot down. he knew benjamin martins boot size.

and now hes trying to kill chuck. what a dick.

Belfast

It's pretty classic spy schlock with a "modern" twist. It's really not that bad of a show, but it's the kind of material where you need to be able to accept the shoddy logic that it works on.

Also, wow. I didn't even catch that that was Adam Baldwin. I guess the lack of facial hair threw me off.:lol

xsarien

daedsiluap
JCX9 said:
you all are so hard on tv shows. I thought it was a nice show. Not "OMG" but nothing terrible. What (not cancelled) shows do you all even like?

The Colbert Report
The Daily Show
Heroes
Lucy: Daughter of the Devil
Metalocalypse
Real Time With Bill Maher
The Sarah Silverman Program
South Park
Taboo
Torchwood
The Venture Bros.

And probably a few more, but I'm too lazy to check the DVR's record list.

All's Fair: Shows I liked that have been canceled prematurely:

Drive
Futurama
Pop-Up Video
Stroker & Hoop (It was just finding its footing)
Titus

Wow..I missed this, but I thought from the commercials it looked pretty good.

After all of this negative feedback, GAF is saying I..don't..need to check this one out? :lol

xsarien

daedsiluap
MasterAJ22 said:
Wow..I missed this, but I thought from the commercials it looked pretty good.

After all of this negative feedback, GAF is saying I..don't..need to check this one out? :lol

No, watch Reaper instead.

Matt

Yeah, I don't much like the show, but I did get a laugh out of the "Oceanic Flight 815" reference tonight.

Shouta

I really like this show. Fun, quick, and not very thought-intensive. Been awhile since I've seen a show like this so I'm tuning in for it.

Hmmm, I actually liked it less this week, something must be wrong with me. =/ Too many eye-rolling moments. The 'gourmet weiners' outfit, the transforming nav system, the helicopter landing, the goatee-stroking evil doctor. I hate everything they're doing with Strzechowski's character. Adam Baldwin ruled, though. I'll probably give it one more shot but it's starting to look like a miss to me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lunarworks said:
It's ridiculous, but I like it.

^ what he said.

I think it's refreshing to see a new tv show which doesn't take itself that seriously.

Drewsy

Banned
I kind of liked it up until things began to get retarded. I did like it more than Heroes though, but still, I get the feeling it's going to be canceled.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
typhonsentra said:
So the GAF-census is bad on this one?
no.. GAF consensus is that it's hit or miss. many of us like it in spite of its corniness. some don't because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom