• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Dark Souls II [PC] is launching in less then a month and there's no footage of it.

Mkilbride

Banned
AA

"On / Off"

"AF: Low, Medium, Strong" Ect

Not 1x, 4x, 8x,. 16x, ectera.

Options with no explanation of what they are, and the like.

Sorry, it's better...sure, but not the glorious version they told us would be coming.

Grief.exe

4K Shot Downsampled to 1080p via Bicubic Sharper

irAtJIoAPoBGv.jpg

AA

"On / Off"

Sorry, it's better...sure, but not the glorious version they told us would be coming.

The game looks and runs great though, that's all that matters. The waiting was indeed worth it. Just the load times and the fps alone make it worth it.

legacyzero

Banned
This news is pretty pleasing. Sad about the lack of awesome lighing though. I can live without the super dark areas, but really awesome lighting is always awesome. I'm more worried about textures. And of course I'm going to be downsampling from 1800, that that will certainly help.

Nethaniah

AA

"On / Off"

We can force those with the driver anyway so not that big of a deal.

elyetis

Thoughts? The PC version only looks a bit more washed out because YouTube compression, so don't judge it for that.
Crossing finger for texture mod for DS2, so we don't have to see those repeating ground texture ( and some of the ugly rock texture I saw at 4:21-435 of the Dark Souls II (PC): Giant Bomb Quick Look, etc.. ).

JMTHEFOX

Although I'm not ready for 4K gaming just yet, I feel that the screenshot is just as beautiful as (or better than) the console versions, but I will get both the PC and PS3 versions regardless.

elfinke

GB QL looked fucking great, can't wait: c'mon GMG, gimme my key!

It'll be interesting to see what the next few months brings, with regards to technical patches, if there be any. It be nice to see the original art and ambition fully realised on the PC at some point, which I'm sure the dev team share.

I'm level 105 53 hours in on the ps2 version. I don't think I can bear to start over, even with the FPS and load time gains

This is what inevitably happened to me with Dark Souls. I was very far into the game, but double dipped. Never looked back. Lost progress but made it back up in no time and the experience was so much more improved I couldnt complain.

I wonder how the input lag is on PC. The ps3 version definitely has input lag. Less lag could make the learning curve on some of the bosses shorter.

God, we got fucked over again. From lied, they put shit all effort into the PC port, they barest of bones.

Maybe with Dark Souls 3.

But I'm still upset.

The hyperbole, it's too much. The entire game engine was changed to support development on the PC. They shouldn't have supported the PC at all and stuck to consoles, this is ridiculous.

Top Bottom