• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so evilore promised me a new tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
wnRmZ.gif

LOL, is this where the tag came from?

I've never really deserved anything in my entire life. Like ever. But by god I will get that tag. They call me Bombadil because I simply don't give a fuck (although in this case I do, so it's irrelevant).

If you're anything like me, just be yourself. You'll find one on you soon after.

Funny tag. Mine isn't. =(

At least I have one
Now I'll wait until mods remove it just because I said I have one

Not that I care

The problem with tags is that 70% of them are stupid, 29% of them try to be funny but aren't, 1% are actually funny.

I guess the same can be said for neogaf members themselves, but that's another story :p

I think the key to getting a tag is that you have to be indirect about it.

Today I was re-reading Robert Greene's book The 48 Laws of Power and here's a couple of laws that might be useful for you tag-fishers:

3rd law: conceal your intentions
"Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. . ."

4th law: always say less than necessary
"When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinx-like. . ."

35th law: master the art of timing
"Never seem to be in a hurry - hurrying betrays a lack of control over yourself, and over time. Always seem patient, as if you know that everything will come to you eventually. Become a detective of the right moment; sniff our the spirit of the times, the trends that will carry you to power. Learn to stand back when the time is not yet ripe, and to strike fiercely when it has reached fruition."

-PXG-

n

This thread stopped being about you 4 pages ago. You may leave now.
Ice burn. Shit. Someone is angry.

I'll respond to whoever I want.

But hey, things got resolved before anyone even posted. Thats all I cared about. Everything else after is just well, extra. Just going with flow.

Ice burn. Shit. Someone is angry.

I'll respond to whoever I want.

But hey, things got resolved before anyone even posted. Thats all I cared about. Everything else after is just well, extra. Just going with flow.

Just attempting to nip the whole "omfg I got a tag, durp" new thead crap before it gets started.

Seik

Banned
I think the key to getting a tag is that you have to be indirect about it.

Today I was re-reading Robert Greene's book The 48 Laws of Power and here's a couple of laws that might be useful for you tag-fishers:

3rd law: conceal your intentions
"Keep people off-balance and in the dark by never revealing the purpose behind your actions. If they have no clue what you are up to, they cannot prepare a defense. . ."

4th law: always say less than necessary
"When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinx-like. . ."

35th law: master the art of timing
"Never seem to be in a hurry - hurrying betrays a lack of control over yourself, and over time. Always seem patient, as if you know that everything will come to you eventually. Become a detective of the right moment; sniff our the spirit of the times, the trends that will carry you to power. Learn to stand back when the time is not yet ripe, and to strike fiercely when it has reached fruition."

Wonderful! :D

I always wondered how people were getting their tags, I guess its when a mod/admin sees a post so meaningful about one's intentions that he actually attributes someone a tag with their personal touch. Or maybe it by demand like OP seems to have done! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom