• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what is your experience with drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The only "drug" I've consumed on a regular basis is alcohol, and even then it's at a moderate level.

I've never even considered smoking marijuana, snorting coke, or shooting up heroin, even though I've been around people who've done all three, plus more. When I was 15 one of my friends snorted coke right there in broad daylight at the park. One of my college suitemates shot up heroin in our bathroom. He was reported and subsequently expelled.

I stay away from OTC stuff as well: unless I'm really, really sick, I never under any circumstance take shit like Tylenol or Advil or whatever else is out there. I just hate the idea of polluting my body with chemicals like that.

If I have a headache, which is almost never, I simply put up with it (never had a migraine). If I need to stay awake, I'll drink some coffee or something (my friends used to take Madofinil to stay up all night long multiple times a week while at college), etc.

MrOogieBoogie

There was a big hubbub about google and drug threads a few months ago. Still not real clear on where policy ended up, but I know at the very least we can't have an official marijuana thread anymore.

I still have no idea what you mean, sorry. :/

If gaf wanted google adsense money they had to start being a tad more careful about certain illegal (in the US at least) things being discussed. Drugs were one of the said things.

Oh, really? I had no clue. This thread's gonna be deleted then?

"I was going to smoke the marijuana like a cigarrette."

george_michael_bluth.jpg

jmdajr

you mean like Tylenol?

Really, recreational drugs zero and I try to keep medical drugs to a minimum.

Don't take pain pills unless I really have to. Same for allergy medicine.

I do have a few sleeping pills for when I go on vacation. Ambien. Yeah that's' fun.

I still have no idea what you mean, sorry. :/

Oh, really? I had no clue. This thread's gonna be deleted then?

Seems tame so far, mods will do whatever it is mods do. Was just letting you know.

On topic: Presently I don't even drink caffeine. I take aspirin when I get a headache (like once a month). Can't think of anything else. Oh, alcohol casually I guess.

The past is the past though. Not diving into that.

Alrix

I had pot brownies for the first time a couple months ago. Yes, I had too many. I had tried smoking weed before, but either I didn't smoke it right or whatever, didn't really get very high.

I was out of commission for two days. On the way up the high was alright, but once the full amount that I had ingested hit me, I could barely move. I spent the next 6 hours or so (at least) laying still, hallucinating with my eyes closed, having an honest to god conversation with myself in my own head. Whatever corner of my brain that was still sober was explaining what was going on to the rest of my brain and trying to talk him through it, trying to get him/me to relax, etc. And there I was, listening to the entire thing.

Finally at one point I was able to fall asleep and slept a good 12 hours or so, and once I got up my head was kinda foggy and slow but I was able to open my eyes, talk, etc. Moving was still very slow and my body still felt really heavy. I was only up for another 6-8 hours before going back to sleep. This time when I got up, my head wasn't really foggy anymore although I still felt kinda sluggish moving around. I didn't go to class that day because I didn't feel safe driving a car. For the rest of that second day I gradually felt better and better until the next day I was pretty much fine. I didn't feel completely back to normal for at least a couple more days, though.

Darklord

Banned
I smoked a joint and my friends wanted me to try a bong. I did. It was alright. Over rated.

An after party I went too I was offered to try coke. A mate I know was giving it to everyone for free. It must have cost him so much. I went in the bathroom with a chick who set a line up and gave me a $50 to snort it with. For the rest of the night I thought I was the king of kings. Infinite confidence, and I seemed to have some sort of zoom vision like a camera. Was fucking awesome. But it's coke and it can mess you up so I haven't done it since. I'd give it another go though.

i had a good time with different kind of drugs.
I was very curious and learned a lot about myself in that time.
Some drugs will pleasently change your view on the world for the rest of your life.

Ofcourse, the real danger is getting addicted to some of them. Cause make no mistake, some drugs are just tooooo fucking good. Carefull.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've done some bad things, never more than once though in the harder stuff. Weed/Shrooms are pretty much I'll ever do now though, that other shit is for fools.

I love weed and shrooms. Excellent times and more people should stop being ninny's and just enjoy the stuff, it gr(ows)ew all around you at one point... it's natural.

I had pot brownies for the first time a couple months ago. Yes, I had too many. I had tried smoking weed before, but either I didn't smoke it right or whatever, didn't really get very high.

I was out of commission for two days. On the way up the high was alright, but once the full amount that I had ingested hit me, I could barely move. I spent the next 6 hours or so (at least) laying still, hallucinating with my eyes closed, having an honest to god conversation with myself in my own head. Whatever corner of my brain that was still sober was explaining what was going on to the rest of my brain and trying to talk him through it, trying to get him/me to relax, etc. And there I was, listening to the entire thing.

Finally at one point I was able to fall asleep and slept a good 12 hours or so, and once I got up my head was kinda foggy and slow but I was able to open my eyes, talk, etc. Moving was still very slow and my body still felt really heavy. I was only up for another 6-8 hours before going back to sleep. This time when I got up, my head wasn't really foggy anymore although I still felt kinda sluggish moving around. I didn't go to class that day because I didn't feel safe driving a car. For the rest of that second day I gradually felt better and better until the next day I was pretty much fine. I didn't feel completely back to normal for at least a couple more days, though.

Hahahaha. Noob.

Same thing happened to me first time I tried pot brownies too.

embalm

I currently do nothing.

I have done lots.

The only drug that I recommend are Mushrooms. Find someone that has them. Eat them. Then loose your mind for what feels like an eternity. Make sure to do it with friends you know and like, bad trips can happen, but are far less likely when doing it with friends or relatives.

An after party I went too I was offered to try coke. A mate I know was giving it to everyone for free. It must have cost him so much. I went in the bathroom with a chick who set a line up and gave me a $50 to snort it with. For the rest of the night I thought I was the king of kings. Infinite confidence, and I seemed to have some sort of zoom vision like a camera. Was fucking awesome. But it's coke and it can mess you up so I haven't done it since. I'd give it another go though.
Exactly.

Kapura

Banned
I've had over a gram of caffeine in an hour, I've taken acid several times, I've smoked a lot of weed and a bit of spice (don't be fooled, it's very different), and I've gotten shitfaced on all of them but the acid. Why the fuck would you want to drink on acid.

What I recommend: Acid. You can smoke weed on acid too, it's fucking insanse.

Don't do ecstasy, it'll destroy your seratonin levels. Don't do cocaine or heroin, that shit'll fuck you up. don't do meth ever.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Marijuana is fine for daily recreational use. It's status in our culture is a weird pseudo-religious taboo, not unlike the ban on pork in Muslim/Jewish society.

Hallucinogens: Mushrooms, LSD and Mescaline are wonderful for, lets call it "spiritual" development. If you want to look at life in a new way, that is often positive and transformational, then I reccomend them. They are not addictive, and you can't really abuse them. I'd say I understand why society-at-large doesn't permit them: you just can't have people in very altered states of mind roaming about... but don't let that fool you into thinking it's harmful. In the right setting, they are highly reccomended.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Smoke weed at least once a month for the last 4 years. Tried ecstasy around 8 times. Dropped acid twice. Did mushrooms once. Tried 2CE, that one sucked. And did/do cocaine.

Cokes fun.

Don't do coke.

MrOogieBoogie

That sounds horrible.

Az987

all good things
Weed, weed, weed, weed, weed, weed, weed possibly laced with something, weed, weed, weed, weed, salvia (when I couldn't smoke weed), weed

Only thing I do now is coffee and a beer or two every couple of weeks.

I guess you could count pain killers as well but I take those for pain and stuff...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Not really. People who do it that much become obsessed with it.

Bullshit. There's nothing wrong with a little toke at the end of your daily routine. Tons of your bosses and teachers and other fully-functioning adults are living like this right now: they just don't tell you about it.

J-Rod

Caffeine and nicotine these days, but pretty much everything and every combo back in the day. I think it does give you some perspective on the human mind that you would otherwise never be able to fully understand.

MIMIC

Banned
The only "drug" I've consumed on a regular basis is alcohol, and even then it's at a moderate level.

I've never even considered smoking marijuana, snorting coke, or shooting up heroin, even though I've been around people who've done all three, plus more. When I was 15 one of my friends snorted coke right there in broad daylight at the park. One of my college suitemates shot up heroin in our bathroom. He was reported and subsequently expelled.

I stay away from OTC stuff as well: unless I'm really, really sick, I never under any circumstance take shit like Tylenol or Advil or whatever else is out there. I just hate the idea of polluting my body with chemicals like that.

If I have a headache, which is almost never, I simply put up with it (never had a migraine). If I need to stay awake, I'll drink some coffee or something (my friends used to take Madofinil to stay up all night long multiple times a week while at college), etc.

After my friends and I saw the Harold and Kumar sequel together, we all wanted to try it =p We didn't, though....but I was honestly considering it. lol

Alrix

That sounds horrible.

Oh it was. I could go into much more detail but I don't feel like typing everything out. When I'd explain what happened to my friends (I was with one of my friends and my brother at the time) I can go on and on explaining things like the hallucinations and shit. I just refer to this experience as my "weed coma".

And they say you can't overdose on weed...(not lethally, at least)

Kapura

Banned

I don't know if obsessed is the correct word, but I have a friend who has problems sleeping if he hasn't smoked recently. Some people who have nothing better to do will become weed connoisseurs, but i don't think that's really a thread if you're an interesting person.

Plasmid

Cokes fun.

Don't do coke.

This, i smoke marijuana a few times a week, on and off for a few months, did cocaine around this time last year, it was the funnest drug i've done, i've wanted to do acid a few times.

Coke is fun, but don't do it, because if you can't handle it it'll swallow you whole.

The people who obsess over weed would probably be obsessed with pokemon or something if it was still cool at our age. They just think it's a cool part of the culture or whatever to hang bob marley posters up. Has nothing to do with the weed, everything to do with the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom