• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Gamestop has shut down their entire site for Xbox pre orders..

VALCON 82

looked for another thread but didn't see one..
Part of me says good on them for doing this and trying to manage chaos but at the same time where was this effort for the PS5 pre orders from retailers?
also, maybe Iwould like to order something else from the site but... sorry not right now?

GreatnessRD

I take it as their solution to the PS5 problem, however, it is completely retarded. As you stated, what if I wanted to buy something else? Good luck to everyone who tries to get it though.

VALCON 82

I take it as their solution to the PS5 problem, however, it is completely retarded. As you stated, what if I wanted to buy something else? Good luck to everyone who tries to get it though.
^^
My thought is that hasn't technology come far enough that a big business website can have a separate tab on it to join said cue and let the other parts of the site function as normal?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This is a pretty cool way to deal with it i think

8Re9fQl_d.webp

Multiple retailers had sites crash. Xbox pre-orders are the real deal and you also have to remember during this virus hoax that people are starved for cash so Gamepass plus a $299 console is a big deal.

Then some retailers, including gamestop, have Xbox all access allowing users to get a $500 X for $24 a month with gamepass included.

I mean let's be honest here, MS has this set up perfectly for short-term until the first acquistions and their stable studios put out games the first half of next year and some of the last, while the new acquisitions will put out games end of next year and early 2022.

Zimmy68

Something tells me that is just a nice pic they are fooling you with.
Don't refresh or you will be put back in the line.
Yeah right.

Roni

Gold Member
^^
My thought is that hasn't technology come far enough that a big business website can have a separate tab on it to join said cue and let the other parts of the site function as normal?
Not unless they pay reliable IT professionals who know what they're doing.

LQX

This is a great solution for an obvious problem as they can manage the traffic better for an hour or two, rather than their site breaking for half the day as everyone is spamming F5 to constantly reload the same pre-order page.

Jtibh

Banned
Multiple retailers had sites crash. Xbox pre-orders are the real deal and you also have to remember during this virus hoax that people are starved for cash so Gamepass plus a $299 console is a big deal.

Then some retailers, including gamestop, have Xbox all access allowing users to get a $500 X for $24 a month with gamepass included.

I mean let's be honest here, MS has this set up perfectly for short-term until the first acquistions and their stable studios put out games the first half of next year and some of the last, while the new acquisitions will put out games end of next year and early 2022.
Every site has them . You can preorder them everywhere.

Ps5 good luck.

You were saying???

But big up yourself to be on the virus hoax side. Good man.

NEbeast

Halo is the closest game, its coming holiday next year. What are you smoking? I can pre order a box now, hours after pre orders went up, that's with retailers having far fewer units.

Bitch quit voosting. Nobody believes your haipe.

chonga

It took 12 hours for the Series S to sell out on Amazon UK and you think the thirst for it is real. Ha!

Ha yeah during my lunch time I was trying to go on there just to see what PS5 games they have for pre-order and was met with that screen.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member

"Virus hoax". Can you keep that dumb shit out of here. My best friend lost his mother to this "hoax". It's disrespectful

oldergamer

Virus hoax? You cant be real. Keep that trump shit outta games. I lost a family member and almost lost a close friend

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I can still pre order on best buy. Site didn't even slow down. I thought bethesda was going to bring down the house. Guess not.
So there's no possibility Xbox just has, more stock available? Your default assumption is that Sony botching their pre-order launch is actually a sign that they are outperforming Xbox right now?

Wow.

So there's no possibility Xbox just has, more stock available? Your default assumption is that Sony botching their pre-order launch is actually a sign that they are outperforming Xbox right now?

Wow.
They can have the stock and still crash a website. Obviously they aren't crashing things. So either people aren't as hyped to purchase this thing as you and voost say they are or in one week they did a massive overhaul on it which as corporate does is lol.

Jtibh

Banned
This doesn't show that it is available. You have to click the button to be greeted with "Due to high demand, this item hasn't been added to your cart. Please wait a few minutes before trying again."
Hmmm you are right. 2 hours ago i was able to hit check out and eb games had it in stock.
Now both places are out.

Try shoppers or london drugs

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Too much salt

There are indications he's full of shit

Hmmm you are right. 2 hours ago i was able to hit check out and eb games had it in stock.
Now both places are out.

I'm in the US and actually not in the market for one, was just curious if I could find one available. Not that I don't think it is worth a purchase I'm just waiting for 3080s to get in stock at the moment.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
They can have the stock and still crash a website. Obviously they aren't crashing things. So either people aren't as hyped to purchase this thing as you and voost say they are or in one week they did a massive overhaul on it which as corporate does is lol.
Maybe their sites are more secure. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you're jumping to conclusions without proper evidence

Edit: And the n there's this:

There are indications he's full of shit

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think Xbox is doing a staggered pre-order launch. retailers are going out of stock, then back in stock repeatedly it seems. If true, it could be beating back the scalpers.

Jtibh

Banned
Actually only Best Buy has it and it’s because nobody could complete an order. Every other site has been sold out for a while.
This morning all of them had it.
Now out of stock.

You can sign up on the wish list om london drugs site.

M16

Now both places are out.

lmao you made your insecure self look like an even bigger goof. congrats

Last edited:
I found Sony's direct invite method to have worked quite well, overall. I wish most retailers would actually try to emulate it, but there's no one-size-fits-all solution to the sky-high demand these devices have at launch. The mad scrum approach is outdated and should be done away with.

Kagey K

Banned
This morning all of them had it.
Now out of stock.

You can sign up on the wish list om london drugs site.
I would hope they all had them this morning. Preorders only went up 4 hours ago.

SDM sold out first, followed by Walmart, EB, Source, MS Store, Amazon in that order. The only ones that lasted more than 10 mins were MS and Best Buy and that was because of checkout errors.

Edit: Bestbuy Canada is out of stock now too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom