• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Gamestop has shut down their entire site for Xbox pre orders..

Jtibh

Banned
I would hope they all had them this morning. Preorders only went up 4 hours ago.

SDM sold out first, followed by Walmart, EB, Source, MS Store, Amazon in that order. The only ones that lasted more than 10 mins were MS and Best Buy and that was because of checkout errors.
I am sure microsoft unlike sony has their shit together and will release way more units over the weeks.

Chupanibre

Walk away peasant. Shooo shooo. You have no clue who you dealing with

j5KGHi8.jpg

dolabla

They only got 6 preoders in at my local gamestop (all sold out of course). They had 14 ps5's at the same store. I'm guessing there may be a shortage.

Kagey K

Banned
Haha lets wait till election and you will see canadian dollar in the shitter.
I didn’t know whether to use laugh or triggered on this one, sadly I know you are right.

This next one is going to hurt. Throne speech is going to kill us tomorrow.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They only got 6 preoders in at my local gamestop (all sold out of course). They had 14 ps5's at the same store. I'm guessing there may be a shortage.

It's odd that Sony is producing twice as many next-gen consoles than MS for launch. Unless MS is just keeping more of them for their own website.

dolabla

It's odd that Sony is producing twice as many next-gen consoles than MS for launch. Unless MS is just keeping more of them for their own website.

Yeah, you may be right. Or either Gamestop held them back for online. It is weird that they had way more PS5's than Xbox's.

MiguelItUp

RIP, lol. What a bunch of wussies. Just deal with it like the rest of the retailers out there!

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There are indications he's full of shit

XSX? Yes
XSS
Not so much

Last edited:
E

Every canadian site has it.

Plus price drop

No idea what you're talking about bud. I watched every site from Walmart to EBGames sell out almost as soon as their sites were functional. I barley managed to grab a pre-order from microsoft.

Why Gamestop would sell the digital versions of these consoles is beyond me. You are letting people pay you to kill your store.

lol. I preordered a digital PS5 and a digital Xbox S from my local gamestop. Its worth it just to avoid the upselling on games.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Multiple retailers had sites crash. Xbox pre-orders are the real deal and you also have to remember during this virus hoax that people are starved for cash so Gamepass plus a $299 console is a big deal.

Then some retailers, including gamestop, have Xbox all access allowing users to get a $500 X for $24 a month with gamepass included.

I mean let's be honest here, MS has this set up perfectly for short-term until the first acquistions and their stable studios put out games the first half of next year and some of the last, while the new acquisitions will put out games end of next year and early 2022.

Keep the conspiracy or political bait out of gaming side when it’s not on topic.

Thank you.

Keep the conspiracy or political bait out of gaming side when it’s not on topic.

Thank you.

So you're going to pretend I didn't say that the factual situation now occurring may cause people to be strapped for cash, and based on public data, million so people are indeed strapped for cash? You don't see how that would effect people buying multi hundred dollar machines?

I mean if it's the word "hoax" that is causing the problem that's fine and I won't use it on this part of the forum as you requested, but that one word shouldn't dismiss the whole post otherwise imo but very well.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
So you're going to pretend I didn't say that the factual situation now occurring may cause people to be strapped for cash, and based on public data, million so people are indeed strapped for cash? You don't see how that would effect people buying multi hundred dollar machines?

I mean if it's the word "hoax" that is causing the problem that's fine and I won't use it on this part of the forum as you requested, but that one word shouldn't dismiss the whole post otherwise imo but very well.

Thank you.

Top Bottom