• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, GTA V Expanded and Enhanced is 4 months out and still no trailer to show just how expanded and enhanced it really is...

Woggleman

It has been eight years since GTA V and the only other game we got was RDR2 which is a great game but still only one game. From 2001 to 2010 Rockstar put out

GTA III
Vice City
San Andreas
Multiple Midnight Racing Club Games
Manhunt
GTA Liberty City and Vice City Stories.
Bully
Warriors
GTA IV and it's Expansions
Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare

I am probably missing a few but the point is that in those eight years Rockstar put out all those great games and went strength to strength and now since GTA V they keep milking the same cow over and over and over again. I have a feeling RDR2 is the last great Rockstar game since much of the original talent left.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It has been eight years since GTA V and the only other game we got was RDR2 which is a great game but still only one game. From 2001 to 2010 Rockstar put out

GTA III
Vice City
San Andreas
Manhunt
Bully
Warriors

I am probably missing a few but the point is that in those eight years Rockstar put out all those great games and went strength to strength and now since GTA V they keep milking the same cow over and over and over again. I have a feeling RDR2 is the last great Rockstar game since much of the original talent left.
Table Tennis

kiphalfton

Pretty annoyed, as I bought this on PC thinking it was the best version. Betting these turds release a definitive version of the game on PC.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Rockstar knows that they don't need to advertise or hype it up. The shit will sell itself.

Hell they usually don't even put out news or previews of major updates for Red Dead Online until like a week before it drops, maybe two weeks ahead of time for GTA Online content.

CamHostage

Game companies don't need to show things a long time ahead of time in order to build a year of hype anymore. They don't even need to show something months ahead. A big-enough name can do an instant-drop, break the internet, and do enough business in a day or weekend to be a smash hit.

(In fact, gamers online sometimes complain if something is announced too soon ahead of time, They get tired of waiting, and hype is replaced with resentment if the audience don't get serviced in what they feel is a fair amount of time. Publishers have learned this, and to the detriment of those of us who do like to know the schedule of to see things progress from announcement to release, now companies only need to show when it's optimal for sales. Rockstar probably only announced this when they did to support GTAO migration to the new consoles and to do a favor for Sony... which kind of backfired, but either way, it was weird for them to announce it a remaster a year ahead of time in the first place.)

TIGERCOOL

I'm sure its 4K 120.
nah man. I've got an rtx 2070/ryzen 3600 w 16gb of good ram and I'm thrilled if I'm hitting 100fps in gta 5 at 1440p. Thats after a good amount of graphical compromise. Looks and runs well all considered but native 4k at 60fps will be tough if they're running it at high settings, let alone 120.

Traffic density increase? I don't want it to be that realistic.

Bikini Bottom Water GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Freeman76

GTA III
Vice City
San Andreas
Manhunt
Bully
Warriors

They'll hopefully remake RD1 and rebundle it with RD2 remaster. GTA6 will probably be geared towards shark cards :(

tassletine

step 1, open Steam
step 2, buy GTA5
step 3, set it to the highest settings
step 4, lock the framerate to 60fps
step 5, set the resolution to about 1800p

done, you have the new console version of GTA5

uhm, Euphoria is used in every Rockstar game since GTA4
Yes, you're correct.
It was gimped in GTA5 though, so I'm hoping it'll be back to GTA4/red dead standards. There's even a mod on pc to attempt that.
step 1, open Steam
step 2, buy GTA5
step 3, set it to the highest settings
step 4, lock the framerate to 60fps
step 5, set the resolution to about 1800p

done, you have the new console version of GTA5

uhm, Euphoria is used in every Rockstar game since GTA4
Yes, you're correct.
It was gimped in GTA5 though, so I'm hoping it'll be back to GTA4/red dead standards. There's even a mod on pc to attempt that.

CobraAB

It better be something. They need to milk this sucker out for another 4 years if rumors are true and GTA VI hits the streets in 2025.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Yes. I’d kill for a proper next Gen upgrade.

GTAV was one of the first games that actually gave us a worthwhile upgrade from the last gen version.

Yeah, that's why I assumed the 3.0 version would have major improvements. But Rockstar has changed, so it could be anything from a to the gills remake-quality remaster or a cheap 4k/60 port..

YCoCg

That would just be an enhanced version, but they're saying it's also expanded. Why would they say that if there's no new content?
Because the "expanded" will be the new radio station based on the record label they just bought, hope you like dance music.

cormack12

Gold Member
Imagine it was all a ruse and they dropped gtav e&e is actually gta vi and it actually looks like this.

Included with gta vi is gta v remaster

TheFawz

The whole marketing ploy of the re-release is to invalidate the current Console versions by showing just how much better this new version is. No need to reveal too early to risk dipping last gen sales or showing the game in a state not as good as it could be at launch, especially when this is GTA V the best selling game of all time which doesn't need much marketing to sell itself.

bender

What time is it?
I wish they would have done RDR2 enhanced instead but I guess that gives us all the information we need to know about RDR2's online success versus GTA.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Whatever they do will just be to prop up GTA online. Probably shouldn't expect any more than that.

WorldHero

It would have to be a pretty drastic change for me to upgrade. I'm generally tired of Los Santos (despite it being one of my favorite locations in the franchise.) Now a San Fierro/Las Venturas expansion would be mind blowing. But I doubt Rockstar is going to do that.

MMaRsu

Banned

GTA III
Vice City
San Andreas
Manhunt
Bully
Warriors

Using a ps2 engine and in those days it was possible to create a game like Vice City in a year with pre existing engine.

RDR2 took a LOOOONG TIME to create. I dont know why people think development during the ps2 days is even comparable to now in any way.

Kerotan

We're now 3 months out. Rockstar have just released the new update and are currently doing the drip feed of new cars. I think there's like 5 more to go. I'd imagine when that's finished they'll show it off at some point in October unless Sony have a big event to feature them in this month or next.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Admittedly, its a little strange, but maybe its not a huge update, and it will sell itself so they are not spending the money to push it.

Soodanim

I don’t see what Rockstar would have to gain from a trailer 4 months away from releasing an updated version of one of the most well known games humanity has seen to this point.

Maybe in two months.

Boss Mog

I'm hoping there's no crossplay with PS4 users, or at the very least we are given the option to turn it off. One of the worst parts of GTA Online is the load times. If it's all PS5 players then it should load quick but if you throw PS4 players in the mix you're gonna lose all the speed benefit the PS5 SSD offers.

Elios83

They will probably premiere PS5 footage at the next Sony event.
It's not a game that needs introductions.
If it's something closer to a remake than a remaster they're gonna sell an other 20m copies :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grinning_sweat:

BigBooper

I don’t see what Rockstar would have to gain from a trailer 4 months away from releasing an updated version of one of the most well known games humanity has seen to this point.

Maybe in two months.
If people already know 4 months in advance that there's no new content they are turned off to buy the game. Also there's more time to share this information.

For Rockstar the best is to release the Trailer only a few weeks before the game releases

Uniformed sheep will buy the game.

In my opinion there won't be new content otherwise Rockstar already had showed it.

Maybe they will bundle it with a GTA III remake but I don't need to finish the Story of GTAV for the fourth time.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The biggest feature is the SSD. Loading into gta5 is a burden. Hope to speeds dramatically increased.

SJRB

Gold Member
The biggest feature is the SSD. Loading into gta5 is a burden. Hope to speeds dramatically increased.

Agreed, SSD speeds open up all kinds of opportunities for a game like this.

Please don't fuck this up, Rockstar.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

This and even if it's brought up to modern 4k standards will be a large improvement.
Doesn't even have to blow anyone away.
Rockstar did miss a good opportunity to sell more though, they should have had it ready for launch when there was a shortage of games. Pretty sad that a company with 2 games couldn't get one game remastered for launch, considering the resources they have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom