• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. I go on a dating site

pramod

Banned
And I'm just surprised by the amount of women's profiles that says stuff like:

"I'm a progressive"
"Don't msg me if you're a Trump supporter"
"Racists stay away"

When did people start wearing politics on their sleeves? Even on a frickin dating site? And when did females get so defensive that they have to start assuming the dating pool is full of evil racists?
I mean I heard about people joking about not wanting to date Conservatives, but never realized it was really a thing. This country has gone nuts.

oagboghi2

It's been a thing since before Trump Liberals live in echo chamber. Obviously they aren't going to talk, much less date people they disagree with

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
It's essentially a fad to hate Trump. They will calm down with it in the near future. I've been on the apps for a few years living in the DC area, and it was in probably 75% of the profiles of women in the area a year ago, but now I don't see it often. The rest of the nation will probably follow suit.

pramod

Banned
Here's one I found, it's a classic:

Hi! My name is XXX
I'm looking for an awesome blah blah...
I do not tolerate disrespect. I also don't tolerate Trump supporters.
I'm a cisgender, able-bodied woman who uses her privilege to lift the voices of those who are typically unheard. If that doesn't sound sexy to you, we probably won't get along.
Social justice is my life, and I do not tolerate willful ignorance.

I thought this was a joke at first because...who the hell talks like that?

brap

Banned
It cuts both ways. I know women who want nothing to do with a man whose liberal.
wtf why? imagine not wanting to get with this
0gL4oxd.jpg

Those sites tend to be over representative/overpopulated by non traditional, non-conforming degenerates, i.e so called progressives. At least in the female portion.

You're better off trying to find a career alcoholic girlfriend in a bar or a pub. Dating sites are far below that in terms of healthy individuals. Better alcoholic dropkick than stupid crazy moron.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
If it bothers you to much Pramod, just lie. I've fucked plenty of girls who "#resist". Honestly politics rarely even come up during the date, much less sex.

And it's slightly thrilling

But that's literal rape. I'm literally shaking right now.

Papa

Banned
Trump is the personification of the devil to the religion of social justice. He’s brash, he’s politically incorrect, he’s unapologetic, he’s a white male, and worst of all, he’s wealthy. Their screeching is the equivalent of an evangelical screeching about Satan having returned to earth. Pay it no mind and date women who aren’t indoctrinated instead. In the long run, it will save you a lot of headaches, heartaches and, most importantly, money.

Cato

Banned

"I'm a progressive"
"Racists stay away"

When did people start wearing politics on their sleeves? Even on a frickin dating site? And when did females get so defensive that they have to start assuming the dating pool is full of evil racists?
I mean I heard about people joking about not wanting to date Conservatives, but never realized it was really a thing. This country has gone nuts.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a/most dating sites are really just a marketplace for quick hookups and meeting prostitutes ?

Vendor meets customer
Money changes hands
P goes into V
Transaction is complete
Vendor and customer goes on to their next transactions respectively.

Why on earth does the hot-dog vendor care about the politics of the customer?
Even in California, when I lived there, I was never asked by the cashiers at SafeWay about my politics an if I should be allowed to shop there.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
Yeah but conservative women mostly are married by 20 after they've had their 2nd kid.

Your comment is a two edged sword, mate :)
At least the kids grow up in a family with two parents instead of the kids going to prison to live with their fathers.

I wouldn't know,. I was orphan from early on so I learned to take care of and depend on only myself to better me and my future.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
One of the things I really miss from the early internet was the idea of talking to new and interesting people online, and damn it there were some really interesting (weird) people out there. If you'd told me back then that internet dating would be a thing I'd have been full of optimisim, indeed I was in the early days of sites like Faceparty (I got laid a LOT from that site), it honestly seemed to be a great way to meet people outside of the usual, people a bit different. And now people use that power to look for people who are just like them. What happened to the internet?

I lived in the US for awhile and so thankful I got out the whole identifying yourself with what candidate you voted for in the last election thing is really annoying.

We never do that here in Norway hell most politicians usually hated a few weeks after the election, I never liked Hillary but the blind support some have for Trump is kind of weird and somebody made the argument that questioning the president was unpatriotic.

I don't care if you voted or did not vote for Trump but the whole white knighting shit needs to stop and the blind adoration of any political figure needs to stop.

Example Trump offends somebody the far left goes insane if somebody insults Trump then the outrage mob comes from the right, both sides with one goal in mind owning each other which does not lead to anything constructive just more arguing.

And frankly both sides are fucking nuts and several democrats and republicans I have spoken too are getting sick and tired of it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That’s always been a thing. It’s hard to have a relationship with someone who’s polar opposite of you if both people are passionate about politics.

And it definitely goes both ways. When I moved to the south I had a fair amount of chats that were going well end once chicks who were religious and conservative (but didn’t indicate so in their profiles) found out I was liberal and atheist. No skin off my nose as I wouldn’t have messaged in the first place if I knew they were religious and conservative as I want a partner who shared at least the broad strokes of my world view.

It’s up there with things like wanting kids (I never wanted them) in terms of deal breakers for me. I’m not a person that likes to debate my views so I mostly avoid people on either side who can’t shut up about politics, and especially those who are polar opposite. I’m 40, my views aren’t going to change and I have zero interest in trying to change other’s views.

And it’s not a huge limiter of dating options unless you’re somewhere that your worldview is an extreme outlier. I had a lot of great dates and short relationships and then met my now wife who fits everything I was looking for. Hot, smart and highly educated (we both have PhDs), very liberal but doesn’t like talking politics, never wanted kids, lots in common and plenty different to keep things interesting and allow us to have our own hobbies/friends/time apart etc.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
If you're looking for a long-term relationship, politics are going to matter to a degree. And who you pick for your political candidate frequently says a lot about you. I wouldn't want a woman who's an ardent Trump supporter, because that would mean she's susceptible to cults of personality and doesn't believe in the importance of telling the truth.

Kenpachii

If you're looking for a long-term relationship, politics are going to matter to a degree. And who you pick for your political candidate frequently says a lot about you. I wouldn't want a woman who's an ardent Trump supporter, because that would mean she's susceptible to cults of personality and doesn't believe in the importance of telling the truth.

Yea like any politician tells the truth.

LOL

hivsteak

So you're a die-hard feminist and want to emulate being raped? Something doesn't add up in that picture.

I don’t think you know what rape is!

They want to find someone ideal to meet or fuck and likely conversed with enough shitty people that they feel justified in putting no racists, trump supporters, etc on their profiles. Its not normal to talk about yourself in your profile anymore. Its either something throwaway or a funny quote stolen from elsewhere.

Airbus Jr

Banned

"I'm a progressive"
"Racists stay away"

Not every women on dating sites act like that

You just need to look carefully, i firmly believe you will find the correct one for you
( your soulmate)

Last edited:

mekes

I’ve seen it, but it was just creeping onto the scene in my time on the dating apps. I was honestly pretty picky on those things, but I never brought politics into the discussion in any form. What annoyed me at the time was ladies profiles that were just plain negative, or attention seeking.

I met my fiancé just before it seemed that every 2nd 20-30 something online had a social justice issue to push. She said she was a feminist at the time, a lite one imo. But within a year was saying that mainstream feminism was bullshit. Which I agree with when it comes to those who shout the loudest.

I’d be a bit more weary getting on those apps in the current climate.

Top Bottom