• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got a guitar.... at Six Flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Six Flags.

Apparently when you complete the "Ring Toss" game, you win a free guitar. I watching some of the people fail at ring toss pretty badly. One of the people said "Damn this game is hard". I looked at him fail and I laughed. This guy said, "I bet you can't do it". I didn't respond. He paid another $5 for a bucket of rings and tried to get the rings onto the bottles yet again. He failed, yet again. I was starting to get annoyed and I wanted a guitar somewhat.

So I buy a bucket of rings for $5. He says "Don't waste your money, you can't do it". I look at him then I look back at one of my rings. I try to get a ring in the bottle and I don't. This guy (Now who seems very douche like now) starts screaming and saying "What did I tell ya, this game is rigged, you can't win it". Some of the other players who have been failing agree as well. I grab another ring and say "Idiots, that was just the first ring". I try another ring and I get it in. The seemingly talkative guy doesn't speak any longer. The booth guy asks me to choose my price and I choose the guitar.

Before I walk away, I grab another ring then pass him the rest of my rings that were in the bucket (You get about 20 of them). Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Anyways, I just felt like posting that. Since I already know that GAF will be like "PICS? PIX? PIKS?". I already took one. Here is the guitar.

PICT0007.jpg

Anyway, the real question of this thread is. I have no clue how to play a guitar. Nor what amp to get (Surprisingly this was a electric guitar I just happened to win). And suggestions? I know this isn't a $400 guitar, but surely it must be decent.

Why not win some stuff for the free to a good home thread? I'm sure some of us could use a guitar or whatever rediculous prize they have.

KINGOFNOOBS said:
. Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Guitar slung over my shoulder.

Into the sunset.
Fixed.

VPhys

Pics or it didn't happen... oh wait.

So, for $5 you win a guitar? That seems like a pretty significant prize to me. Even a cheap guitar must be around $50, no?

oatmeal said:
Not a chance you said that. :lol

Oh, and THIS.

quaere

If you want to learn, you dont need an amp yet. You can play for a month or two without one. Try it, itll make enough noise for you to practice basic chords and what not all by itself.

shift J

KINGOFNOOBS said:
Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Oh, man. I laughed so hard.:lol

funkmastergeneral said:
No it's not about skill, these games are rigged dumbass. That's why they can afford to hand out guitars as prizes.
Wrong. It is about skill, its just that most people try to throw the rings randomly like idiots. You don't actually believe that ring toss is simply luck do you? :lol

KINGOFNOOBS said:
Wrong. It is about skill, its just that most people try to throw the rings randomly like idiots. You don't actually believe that ring toss is simply luck do you? :lol

Yes I do, these games are always rigged. The last time I went to Six Flags I saw some shitty basketball game, I'm a pretty good shooter but didn't play it because the balls were extra bouncy and the rim was tinier. They rig the games, then give out awesome prizes to get people to pay five fucking american dollars to throw a ring.

bjork

funkmastergeneral said:
Yes I do, these games are always rigged. The last time I went to Six Flags I saw some shitty basketball game, I'm a pretty good shooter but didn't play it because the balls were extra bouncy and the rim was tinier. They rig the games, then give out awesome prizes to get people to pay five fucking american dollars to throw a ring.

Yeah, but now that the dollar is weak, you're ripping the game owner off by only paying $5. So in the end, you win.

funkmastergeneral said:
I know the game you are talking about. Just because they are rigged doesn't mean they aren't games of skill. There are not any games at Six Flags (except the games that guarantee prizes) that are luck based. Though, what you are saying is true. I was trying to play the basketball game for the iPod Touch. You had to get 15 points and do three point shots to get them (each ball give you a point except the 'special' ball which gives you 2 points). I got owned in the game. Only get 10 points.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
KINGOFNOOBS said:
Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.
:lol :lol :lol

tawal

also you gained a halo and there was some pretty rad backlighting and you played a single note and the dude burst into flames

that's when you called him an idiot

congrats, duder. You should have cleaned the guy out, sounds like you probably could have. I love the basketball games, because you can show off w/o really looking like you're showing off and coming across as a huge d-bag.

miyuru

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this game. So you have to throw a ring into a bottle? Like, a wedding ring into a glass pop bottle or...? I was thinking you have to throw a ring so it catches on a bottle :S

miyuru said:
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this game. So you have to throw a ring into a bottle? Like, a wedding ring into a glass pop bottle or...? I was thinking you have to throw a ring so it catches on a bottle :S
The latter.

Sorta like this

ring_toss.jpg

muckhole

If it's easy for you to do it, let us know when you're heading back to Six Flags. There are thousands of GAFfers that will be sending you $5.

And then GAF will be the Mightiest Band On The Planet. (Once we find a drummer.)

bill0527

This must be the cool thing to do at theme parks this year.

I just went to Holiday World about an hour from where I live last week and they were giving away electric guitars at the ring toss. They didn't have the park logo on them though, they looked like cheap electric guitars, all red, blue, etc.

I spent 20 bucks on buckets of rings and I didn't even come close.

250px-BartCarney.jpg

Wiggum: Uh, I hate to interrupt your fun, boys. But, I got a few complaints that your game is crooked.

Homer: And how!

Wiggum: Gee, I hate to close you down. Maybe we can reach a little uh, understanding here.

Homer: I understand.

Bart: Um, hey dad, I.. I.. think he wants..

Homer: Not now, son. Daddy's talking to a policeman.

Wiggum: Let me put it this way. I'm looking for my friend, Bill. Have you seen any Bills around here?

Homer: No, he's Bart.

Wiggum: Okay now listen carefully, and watch me wink as I speak, okay?

Homer: Okay.

Wiggum: The guy I'm really looking for, wink, is Mr. Bribe, wink, wink.

Homer:........it's a Ring Toss game!

So since there is apparently a strategy involved in winning this game, what is it? I don't play the guitar, but I wouldn't be against learning if it only cost me five bucks.

joeblackisback said:
So since there is apparently a strategy involved in winning this game, what is it? I don't play the guitar, but I wouldn't be against learning if it only cost me five bucks.
Put a spin on a the ring (so it doesn't wobble) and aim high (so there is a less chance of collisions). You'll never miss it really.

NYR

KINGOFNOOBS said:
Before I walk away, I grab another ring then pass him the rest of my rings that were in the bucket (You get about 20 of them). Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

AH SNAP, you cold gangsta, you cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom