• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is the chance for a new Brothers in Arms game gone?

Theorry

So after Hells Highway ended with "to be continued" and a very big hint to Battle of the Bulge in 2008. Myself and i think alot of people expected a new game soon after that (no mobile games dont count) Almost 10 years later. We got a "spin off" game cancelled (good thing btw) Gearbox going Borderlands etc and Ubisoft doing their own thing.

Is the chance gone or was the time period after 2008 with COD etc not good for a Brothers in Arms game?

Now with a good demand again for story drivin games, people want WW1, WW2 again. Is there possibilty? I dont think Gearbox is fully forgotten it but Ubi probably doesnt care for such a game in their portofolio anymory i guess. What do you guys think. Possible or no way?

021895.jpg

kuYuri

It's still supposedly in development at Gearbox in some capacity, but I'm having my doubts now after they announced Borderlands 3..

If they were to make a new game, I doubt it would be a sequel.

It's far more likely that they would reboot this series instead of finishing the story of a decade old franchise. Honestly, I don't think many are attached to that story anyway. It wasn't exactly all that well written, and that last entry was more melodramatic than Metal Gear at its worst.

Theorry

If they were to make a new game, I doubt it would be a sequel.

It's far more likely that they would reboot this series instead of finishing the story of a decade old franchise. Honestly, I don't think many are attached to that story anyway. It wasn't exactly all that well written, and that last entry was more melodramatic than Metal Gear at its worst.

giphy.gif

Fury451

Banned
As long as it's not that Furious 4 bullshit I'm willing to give Gearbox another chance at the series, I just hope TimeGate studios have improved their skills since Colonial Marines.

If anything, the shift back to WW1 and WW2 settings means this franchise making a legitimate comeback (and not in a Furious 4 way) seems much more likely

GabeARG

Nice! did BIA:HH age well? I could never finished it. I want to give it another chance.

Last edited:

IronFlemying

Neo Member
There was something horribly satisfying with the slo-mo kills and headshots in Hells Highway that I haven't got from any game since -

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Loved the series, hell, I was fine with the comedy WW2 looking game they were making. Seems the studio has a lot of things in the making but they haven't really talked much about anything since Battleborn. I know they showed some BL3 tech stuff a while back, but nothing regarding BIA.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Wow, that’s pretty open and honest from Randy Pitchford. I wish more devs could do that. I understand why they don’t though.

*cue required Randy Pitchford/Colonial Marines honesty comments* lol

The Shift

Banned
For Brothers In Arms vibes check out Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose on PC. Not single player but hugely engaging in a squad. I would absolutely love a new BIA though.

anthraticus

Banned
These games weren't all that. It's just that there is barley any semi/realistic WW2 shooters out there. (not talking about mp bs) Really small maps and an extremely contrived flanking mechanic brought it down big time for me.

Give me a new Hidden & Dangerous tactical WW2 game over this shit any and every day.

Shmunter

Only played Hells Highway. One of those pillar 360 games for me. Awesome FPS merged with strategy. Will take another thanks. Needs to be Saving Private Ryan tho, not some bizarre 2019 Woke version of history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom