• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So looks like retail Bayonetta 2 is starting to go out of print...

IrishNinja

It's one of those games that if you're interested in it and haven't bought it already, what are you waiting for?

specifically? a best buy B2G1 where i could grab that and maybe Mario Maker & Splatoon
still waitin'

It'll be interesting. Moreso than even the Gamecube, I suspect the Wii U is a system that a lot of people will realize they shouldn't have slept on until it's too late and all the good games are stupidly expensive.

yeah, GC got real bad right around when gamestop discontinued them, got Fire Emblem for like $20 and was happy for it...but yeah, there's gonna be some stupid high prices inside of 5 years i imagine

So if I plan on getting a Wii U in a few years I should buy it now?
This is a good practice in general for Nintendo consoles. Wii also has numerous niche titles that are very expensive now. Nintendo games rarely drop in price and when they have a limited run, it only makes the situation worse.

I saw a copy at Target during Christmas week. It may still actually be available on that shelf. The lack of interest that Wii U owners have in this game is baffling.

Most Wii U games go out of stock really quick it seems. Though Wind Waker did get a reprint...

I don't even have one and I started to buy some games already. Not that interested in Bayonetta though (not enough to drop $60 anyway)

SalvaPot

specifically? a best buy B2G1 where i could grab that and maybe Mario Maker & Splatoon
still waitin'

yeah, GC got real bad right around when gamestop discontinued them, got Fire Emblem for like $20 and was happy for it...but yeah, there's gonna be some stupid high prices inside of 5 years i imagine

We just got a B1G1%40 off. When are you expecting the B2G1 to happen?

Glad I bought my copy at launch then. This haven't played much of it tho, but I remember I loved the demo and was afraid this would happen.

Actually hold on, I remember their being multiple copies in wal marts and targets. Try looking there.

IrishNinja

That Smash boost, Called it.

Before anyone panics, its still available in most TRU, Target and Walmart I visit. Best Buy and Gamestop on the other hand have really low stock.

damn, didn't make that connection - and i don't even see listings on TRU & walmart's sites, guess ill swing by & hope for the best!

I thought about buying Devil's Third and Rodea Sky Soldier 1st print to buy, not open, and resell in a few years but videogames are just not the good investments lol.

I bet those copies of Rodea that come with the Wii game will be worth a grip.

yeah, as a Naka fan i was hyped, friend brought it and...man, that WU version is booty buttcheeks. wii version or there's literally no reason to own/play it - but yeah, prolly will be worth a bit down the road

We just got a B1G1%40 off. When are you expecting the B2G1 to happen?

dunno, whenever they want shelf space? WU stuff doesn't look like it's selling like hotcakes, and i'm convinced stuff like Smash/Kart won't be as hard to find, is the thing

it's not unprecedented, certainly not for black fridays!

Wii also has numerous niche titles that are very expensive now.

ah, for real? which ones?

You can buy it brand new from Gamestop between $35-$40...They have quite the surplus of copies available.

I bought it in October online from them for $35

Illucio

Banned
Copies are probably slowly becoming sold out because of renewed interest via Smash Bros. There will most likely be a restock if the demand stays steady, most likely near her DLC release in Smash.

IrishNinja

You can buy it brand new from Gamestop between $35-$40...They have quite the surplus of copies available.

I bought it in October online from them for $35

maybe near you, not out here according to the site - wish it was

Copies are probably slowly becoming sold out because of renewed interest via Smash Bros. There will most likely be a restock if the demand stays steady, most likely near her DLC release in Smash.

hopefully you're right!

Az987

all good things
I just bought it during Best Buys b1g1 40% off Nintendo sale along with Hyrule Warriors.

I did the same thing with Pikmin 3 last year and that went out of stock everywhere pretty quick after as well.

SalvaPot

dunno, whenever they want shelf space? WU stuff doesn't look like it's selling like hotcakes, and i'm convinced stuff like Smash/Kart won't be as hard to find, is the thing

it's not unprecedented, certainly not for black fridays!

I mean, I agree with you B2G1 sales are great, but since amiibo released and GCU got cheaper, Best Buy and Nintendo have been far more buddy-buddy. If we do see a B2G1 in the future I honestly expect most game not named Smash/Splatoon/Mario sold out in minutes.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I bought it for $35 new from Gamestop a few weeks ago.

It's funny because these games are in stores, and at times you can grab them for a nice price. But they go ignored until they're no longer available, and then they become sought after, and you're at the mercy of price gougers who jack prices up the second they become tough to find.

Astral Dog

Last time i saw it, a few months ago therd were still lots of retail copies at a reduced price on both Best Buy and Gamestop, if they managed to sell those thats certainly impressive (for this game)
I would not say this means anything, however , probably the op just could not look hard enough

it's funny how bayonetta 2 was one of the few wii u titles that stuck around for a long period of time on store shelves and now everywhere I go has an empty slot that still says bayonetta 2 on the tag lol

A single year is not a long time at all.

I thought about buying Devil's Third and Rodea Sky Soldier 1st print to buy, not open, and resell in a few years but videogames are just not the good investments lol.

I bet those copies of Rodea that come with the Wii game will be worth a grip.

Rodea had a plenty of copies made I see a ton in any Wii U section. Doubt that'll be rare.

But my Limited Edition will be.

That Smash boost, Called it.

Before anyone panics, its still available in most TRU, Target and Walmart I visit. Best Buy and Gamestop on the other hand have really low stock. That said I don't think this one is going to get a restock, Nintendo seems to figure that if people really want to play it they can get it on the eShop, not that I blame them since people only seem to care about a Nintendo game when its going out of print.

It going out of stock has nothing to do with Smash, maybe a bit on the price inflation though.

In the Fall every retailer except Walmart and Gamestop sold out and those two discounted the last few copies for $35 which lasted a few days.

In November it was not available new anyway online for less than over $60.

Neoxon

I see the Smash Effect is starting to help the Bayonetta series. I wouldn't be shocked if they did a restock of Bayonetta 2 (hopefully w/ Bayo 1 included) in February when Bayonetta is released as Smash 4 DLC.
Thank god I got my copy at launch.

It's not that baffling. Most 360 and PS3 owners had no interest in the first game.

Oh, I didn't even have the standard Wii U owner in mind. This game is definitely for a niche audience, but it doesn't make sense for so many to pass it up when there honestly isn't that much competition on the system.

IrishNinja

I mean, I agree with you B2G1 sales are great, but since amiibo released and GCU got cheaper, Best Buy and Nintendo have been far more buddy-buddy. If we do see a B2G1 in the future I honestly expect most game not named Smash/Splatoon/Mario sold out in minutes.

yeah, you're not wrong there - and i didn't even go in on that GCU deal forever ago here on GAF, so i have to use my roommate's, haha. but you're right, think i'll track this one down and save smash, kart & splatoon for such a sale!

Oh, I didn't even have the standard Wii U owner in mind. This game is definitely for a niche audience, but it doesn't make sense for so many to pass it up when there honestly isn't that much competition on the system.

It's likely performed about as well as a game like this has any hope of achieving in the marketplace. Sad but true.

I'd like to think we might potentially get a reprint when she's released in smash. I'm glad I bought it when I did though

Cerium

They should definitely print more copies when she comes out in Smash.

Maybe even do an E-Shop sale as well.

Get as many people to experience Bayonetta as possible.

Cerium

The good thing is that demand has clearly outstripped supply, so at this point Bayonetta 2 has to be exceeding Nintendo's (modest) expectations.

In other words Bayonetta 3 confirmed.

Most Wii U games are OOP. Nintendo has typically been pretty conservative with most of the recent Wii U titles.

Also, from what I hear they still have decent stock in Canada.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Everything Nintendo becomes collectible and expensive. Wii U will probably be moreso.

SalvaPot

It going out of stock has nothing to do with Smash, maybe a bit on the price inflation though.

In the Fall every retailer except Walmart and Gamestop sold out and those two discounted the last few copies for $35 which lasted a few days.

In November it was not available new anyway online for less than over $60.

Well, its impossible to determine exactly why they are going out of stock, but the $35 deal sold out because it was a good deal, but after that you could still find $60 copies fairly easily in the wild and some online retailers. It was until the smash reveal that even those sold out and now you have to either go hunt a copy in-store or pay the inflated price.

So really, I think its both.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
it's funny how bayonetta 2 was one of the few wii u titles that stuck around for a long period of time on store shelves and now everywhere I go has an empty slot that still says bayonetta 2 on the tag lol
The power of smash

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
What are the titles beside Bayonetta 2, that is facing OOP issue?

I just got my Wii U few months ago. I will need to get them ASAP if this is the case =/

SalvaPot

What are the titles beside Bayonetta 2, that is facing OOP issue?

I just got my Wii U few months ago. I will need to get them ASAP if this is the case =/

There was a thread about this, but pretty much anything Nintendo not multiplayer is hard to find.

Neoxon

So... Is there any chance to see reprint copies anytime soon? I don't want to pay 80 bucks on new copy.
On one hand, Nintendo has been pretty good about doing restocks as of late (OoT 3D & the more rare Amiibos for example). But at the same time, the NX Platform is on its merry way, so it may take a bit of wind out of the sails of a potential Bayonetta 2 restock. Essentially, if we don't get a restock by the end of the summer, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Until then, there's a reason to be hopeful.

SalvaPot

So... Is there any chance to see reprint copies anytime soon? I don't want to pay 80 bucks on new copy.

dontcountonit_1dhu48iu_mes2b93y.png

This is Nintendo, they didn't even reprint Pikmin 3 and that is Miyamoto's baby.

Top Bottom