• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So looks like retail Bayonetta 2 is starting to go out of print...

Ebay listings

Amazon listings

Before anyone jumps in my shit, I actually did my part and bought this retail last year. Unfortunately, I was in the midst of a backlog and sold it off with the intention of just rebuying it down the road...

...yeah, lookin' like that ain't gonna happen now. WTF NOA!? I mean, I even looked at maybe just going digital and lol, $30 for Bayo1 and $50 for Bayo2

For what it's worth, they do eventually get around to reprinting shit. See Amiibos and Ocarina of Time 3DS, the latter of which you can finally regularly find in a BestBuy after being way overpriced/OoP for years.

antitrop

It's one of those games that if you're interested in it and haven't bought it already, what are you waiting for?

KingBroly

Banned
Ebay listings

Amazon listings

Before anyone jumps in my shit, I actually did my part and bought this retail last year. Unfortunately, I was in the midst of a backlog and sold it off with the intention of just rebuying it down the road...

...yeah, lookin' like that ain't gonna happen now. WTF NOA!? I mean, I even looked at maybe just going digital and lol, $30 for Bayo1 and $50 for Bayo2

For what it's worth, they do eventually get around to reprinting shit. See Amiibos and Ocarina of Time 3DS, the latter of which you can finally regularly find in a BestBuy after being way overpriced/OoP for years.

What happens here is that the other drops to $10 for the account you purchased one of them on.

EDIT: It drops so they become $60 total for both, I mean.

It's one of those games that if you're interested in it and haven't bought it already, what are you waiting for?

Honestly was waiting for a sale but doing that for Nintendo games is a false hope. Xenoblade X will disappear before it even gets $20 off

Grief.exe

...yeah, lookin' like that ain't gonna happen now. WTF NOA!?

Probably has more to do with retailers not providing enough shelf space for WiiU titles these days, likely not cost effective to continue production.

I own the game, but crushed by the weight of my own backlog.

I bought one of the limited edition runs.

Never played the game though as I haven't got round to buying a Wii U yet.

And with the NX round the corner sort of holding off hoping for backwards compatibility!

Neff

Amusingly enough, my browser auto-corrects that eBay US link and sends me to a Bayo 2 search on the UK site where factory-fresh copies are abundant and cheap as hell.

Kriken

Yeah, I noticed that when I saw that Nowinstock had a Bayonetta 2 listing. I was confused as I thought it was still easy to get new, NOPE

Memory

So if I plan on getting a Wii U in a few years I should buy it now?

You could just get it digital. Besides I expect this is just due to her inclusion in Smash getting people interested. I'm sure they will level out again In a few months.

mrmickfran

*Hugs copy*

They might do a reprint, but without a disc of Bayonetta 1. It's not that bad seeing as how it's available on the eShop.

Didn't have a Wii U until october, and don't have extra money to buy a game right this moment because nintendo doesn't want to reprint it?

Persona7

Banned
it's funny how bayonetta 2 was one of the few wii u titles that stuck around for a long period of time on store shelves and now everywhere I go has an empty slot that still says bayonetta 2 on the tag lol

Faenix1

That seems to be this gen in a nutshell.

Retail stores don't seem to be holding onto games they like they used to. At best buy the Wolfenstein expansion(?) is already up for "clearance".

i expect alot of wii u games to shoot up in price after the system is done releasing games, its library of published games will be big for collectors.

The European release still seems to be in relative abundance, though most of those are the solo Bayo 2 copies. The 1+2 Special Edition is decently available at okay prices.

Still, get your Bayos before it's too late. I don't have a Wii U but I got mine.

Hypothetically this is sad because all these $80 second hand sales due to the Smash bump could actually be contributing to the series' sales and increasing the chances of a Bayo 3. Is that mental gymnastics? Because it kind of feels like it.

Ebay listings

Amazon listings

Actually getting both together will be $60 I think still. You get one, and the second is discounted.

Edit: Ah, KingBroly beat me to it. :)

105.Will

I saw this not to long ago. I was gonna buy a copy for a friend on Christmas, I ended up not. I just kinda brushed it off as the natural life cycle of a wii u game

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Probably has more to do with retailers not providing enough shelf space for WiiU titles these days, likely not cost effective to continue production.

I own the game, but crushed by the weight of my own backlog.

you're crazy if you have this sitting in your backlog untouched bro

This is why I'm snapping up Wii U titles I want right now. It is going to be ridiculously expensive in a couple of years to buy anything but Smash/Mario Kart/Super Mario World U.

luminous

After seeing the few Project Zero Wii U available copies vanish from stores here within a couple days of release I've been kind of thinking I should probably not delay my Bayo 1+2 edition buyage till whenever I get a Wii U...

M-PG71C

I have a sealed copy chilling out in my backlog. Right now, its all about XCX. Which if you intend to get that game, better do it. There won't be a price drop, it'll just eventually disappear. :/

Neiteio

I've had my copy since launch, so I'm good. But Nintendo should really consider another printing. The official trailer for Bayo in Smash is already well over 1.2 million views. Smash will definitely elevate her profile, so hopefully Nintendo capitalizes on that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This is why I'm snapping up Wii U titles I want right now. It is going to be ridiculously expensive in a couple of years to buy anything but Smash/Mario Kart/Super Mario World U.

It'll be interesting. Moreso than even the Gamecube, I suspect the Wii U is a system that a lot of people will realize they shouldn't have slept on until it's too late and all the good games are stupidly expensive.

SalvaPot

That Smash boost, Called it.

Before anyone panics, its still available in most TRU, Target and Walmart I visit. Best Buy and Gamestop on the other hand have really low stock. That said I don't think this one is going to get a restock, Nintendo seems to figure that if people really want to play it they can get it on the eShop, not that I blame them since people only seem to care about a Nintendo game when its going out of print.

Boke1879

Yea. Don't even own a Wii U yet but if it's getting like this with a title like Bayo. When I get paid I'm buying this.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I thought about buying Devil's Third and Rodea Sky Soldier 1st print to buy, not open, and resell in a few years but videogames are just not the good investments lol.

I bet those copies of Rodea that come with the Wii game will be worth a grip.

Top Bottom