• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So my wifes computer like memory is finally starting to fail her

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
And to tell you the truth I couldn't be happier. I'm a little absent minded and tend to forget things and I can tell you it's not easy being with someone who never forgets anything.
Now that's she's mid 40s her memory no longer seems completely infallible.
She's a little upset about it, but I'm just happy she's finally finding out what it's like to live like a normal human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
it happens to the best of us

losing it at 40 is kinda worrying tho, should get that checked out
She's 47 so I don't think not remembering every exact word of every conversation she has with people throughout the week is worrying.
When she starts forgetting where she left her car keys or our postal code then I'll start to worry.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Super controlling wife? Dementia is a very sad, sad disease. I've read where Alzheimer's disease is related to high blood pressure and restricted blood flow.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Super controlling wife? Dementia is a very sad, sad disease. I've read where Alzheimer's disease is related to high blood pressure and restricted blood flow.
No she's not controlling. She's very confident and stubborn though. Traits I think may have been partially a result of her bullet proof memory.

iconmaster

Banned
My wife gets very annoyed when I can't remember things she's told me or conversations we've had. Which is often.

I hope one day I can experience this relief.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Ask her to start playing video games to help stimulate her mind.
Ive tried but its not her bag. The only games she ever enjoyed was WII Bowling and just jumping around with our younger daughter in co-op in Little Big Planet.
At first she hated my gaming hobby but over the years has come to realize it's better than me being out at strip clubs or a heavy drinker like many husbands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ar¢tos

My wife gets very annoyed when I can't remember things she's told me or conversations we've had. Which is often.

You will find its not a relief when she starts asking the same questions several times per day or every day because she doesn't remember asking them before.
My mother is that stage and it is really REALLY annoying!

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Install tinder on her phone, find it and then use that as an excuse to say

Oh you don't remember huh HUH

Then get divorced and move to Thailand and smash ladyboy boi puci.

A thoughtful reaction is not enough for this. So I am adding this.

wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

My memory going to shit on me is one of my greatest fears. It's one of the few traits I have that I can truly depend on. Id...have to almost rethink how i live life entirely if this happened to me.

I can definitely see how your wife may be, at the least, frustrated. I basically depend on my memory fully, everyday of my life.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

It’s just a volume thing for me. If you’re going to talk my ear off constantly have a billion things in the schedule, I’m going to forget some of it. Between all the shit I have to remember for my job and the shit she tells me that I need to remember, there’s no way to recall it all without notes and calendar appointments

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i can't even remember what happened 5 minutes ago im like a fukking dog,..but i don't like remembering stuff anyways why overload the brain with useless sh!t when we have computers/internet that remembers everything

Top Bottom