• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Netflix achivecements and unlockables now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Aug 17, 2014
Mexico
lol

Welcome to NeoGaf: Become a Member
One of Us: No longer a Junior Member
Look What I Can Do: Make your first Thread
Bad at Making Threads: Get Junior'd
Ban Hammer: Get Banned
Bish Hammer: Get Banned by Bish
Not a Man, Not a Machine: Give away something via ModBot
Notable Notable: Gain a Special Title
Hidden Gold: Found NeoGAF Gold
Red Alert: Become a Moderator
Playing with Fire: Argue with a moderator.

robochimp

Jun 7, 2004
Why the fuck would you lock shit? This is hands down the dumbest thing netflix has ever done.
How dare they try and entertain small children, seriously WTF were they thinking.

I should be able to watch a 30 second video of Kong fighting a robot squid with super burps, without first having to watch a full episode of Kong fighting that very same robot squid. Netflix has really shot themselves in the foot this time.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Mar 25, 2008
lol

In before the... : Post in a thread that is locked before reaching two pages.

Take it to PM: Exchange 100 PMs with a single user.

Reputation+: Gain 10 reputation points in the buy sell trade thread

How are you even a real person: Post in a Huelen thread.

Apr 3, 2007
How dare they try and entertain small children, seriously WTF were they thinking.

I should be able to watch a 30 second video of Kong fighting a robot squid with super burps, without first having to watch a full episode of Kong fighting that very same robot squid. Netflix has really shot themselves in the foot this time.
So all the anger and you still didn't articulate why it's not stupid. All you said it's for kids so and has to do with squids and burps so by default it must be a great idea because apparently locking content is something that is entertaining to children. Thanks.

Korgill

Mar 25, 2012
It's an interactive experimental show for kids, locking the battles help push the kids to play with it. They are doing it for the same reasons game makers luck content behind levels. Plus it's easy to circumvent if you want. They aren't messing with anyone's ability to watch shows. The anger is unwarranted. Let me know if any kids are upset by this.

vypek

Dec 11, 2013
So its just an extra scenes that you can unlock by watching the respective episode? Thats kind of interesting to do with some of their children's programming. Doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with that.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Jun 6, 2004
Here
lol

High Five!: Create five threads where the only explanation for your question is marijuana.

josh924

Banned
Mar 4, 2016
lol

I Don't Need That Shit In My Life: Abandon GameFAQs in favor of NeoGAF. :3

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Aug 22, 2007
Oh my god. This is exactly what I've wanted for so long. They're finally letting me build a monument to my sadness.

liquidtmd

Banned
Jun 10, 2012
lol

Raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61: You've posted in a Jeff Rigby thread

tomtom94

Sep 30, 2014
So all the anger and you still didn't articulate why it's not stupid. All you said it's for kids so and has to do with squids and burps so by default it must be a great idea because apparently locking content is something that is entertaining to children. Thanks.
Plenty of people explained why these are fun little extras. Plus yeah, encouraging kids to keep watching so they unlock a bonus? Not sure how that's a problem.

U2NUMB

Oct 4, 2009
pixelhangover.com
I love achievements but I do not see the point in adding them to netflix. I would however like some stats about my viewing... total time.. time per session.. all sorts of stuff would be awesome.

Choppasmith

Mar 22, 2009
Somewhat related, but I thought I read somewhere that if you watched all of Season 2 of Daredevil you get a short teaser of Luke Cage, but I watched it when I was in New Zealand and didn't get anything.

robochimp

Jun 7, 2004
Just explaining what it actually is, through the voice of your rage.

It's a choose your own adventure feature where you can see 30 second clips of Kong burping at various robots.

Locking content is the basis of every single video game ever made, so yeah it is entertaining to kids.

It's an interactive feature. My kids would watch cartoons all day if I let them, they hardly need locked content for motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.