• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Netflix achivecements and unlockables now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I turned on Netflix and it suggested Kong: King of the Apes to view and I was like sure way not. Watched 5 minutes of 90s tier CGI and then checked the episodes. On the episode list there are locked videos that only unlock if you watch certain episodes. And during the episodes achievements will popup.

El Topo

Achievements for movies? Good God, what have they done.

Edit:
Someday they'll make a VLR series with that feature.

strafer

When you thought Netflix couldn't get any dumber.

I hate achievments of any kind. They don't serve any purpose at all, only so people can see the length of your E-penis.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They are going to have binge watching achievements. Watch every Marvel TV show in a row without pausing.

Slayven

They should get that movie that is 720 hours long and if you watch it all the way through you get "Lord of the Binge"

kulapik

Just took a look and that and the locked episodes are "battles". I guess they are just small additional clips for kids to rewatch or something

I turned on Netflix and it suggested Kong: King of the Apes to view and I was like sure way not. Watched 5 minutes of 90s tier CGI and then checked the episodes. On the episode list there are locked videos that only unlock if you watch certain episodes. And during the episodes achievements will popup.

I'd like some screenshots or something. This makes no sense. It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just not understanding this.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
yvNHpXF.png

It isn't episodes being locked, some battle special. Still stupid though.

CloudWolf

I got achievements on the Netflix Xbox One app when I watched Jessica Jones. It was basically "congrats, you've wasted your day".

mjc

So it's basically like an interactive thing for kids that influences the show? That's kinda neat.

robochimp

This seems really pointless.

It's pointless for adults, my son loves it.

Kong battles a monster and you get to pick one of Kong's abilities or gadgets for the fight, and s thirty second clip plays.

So It's picking one of two thirty second clips of Kong fighting the monster from the episode you just watched. That's it guys.

hamchan

I'm grinding the West Wing right now. Recently I watched all of Gilmore Girls and got the platinum. The Gilmore Girls season 7 achievement was especially hard.

What a joke. Can't believe this is acceptable AT ALL.

What if I want to watch episode 7 before episode 6?

What am I even paying for here???

adj_noun

What a joke. Can't believe this is acceptable AT ALL.

What if I want to watch episode 7 before episode 6?

What am I even paying for here???

These aren't episodes. They're "battles"; little special features in between the episodes.

If you want to watch episode 7 before 6, go ahead and watch it. None of the episodes are locked.

ldcommando

Banned
My kids watched it and they liked it. Each episode unlocks a battle. Each battle has 2 options of "weaponry" for the ape to use. Each option gives a different outcome. If you leave the app alone, it plays everything in order. The battles are small 1 minute videos.

Ultratech

Gaf need to add achivecements

lol

Welcome to NeoGaf: Become a Member
One of Us: No longer a Junior Member
Look What I Can Do: Make your first Thread
Bad at Making Threads: Get Junior'd
Ban Hammer: Get Banned
Bish Hammer: Get Banned by Bish
Not a Man, Not a Machine: Give away something via ModBot
Notable Notable: Gain a Special Title
Hidden Gold: Found NeoGAF Gold
Red Alert: Become a Moderator

They should get that movie that is 720 hours long and if you watch it all the way through you get "Lord of the Binge"

And autodial 911 because you're probably dead.

lol

Case of the Mondays: Complain about having to go back to work.

josh924

Banned
When you thought Netflix couldn't get any dumber.

I hate achievments of any kind. They don't serve any purpose at all, only so people can see the length of your E-penis.

Does it help you to know that Netflix achievements don't earn you any amount of gamerscore? Same with YouTube (or any other app that has achievements).

liquidtmd

Banned
lol

It's not just you: Start a thread with 'Is it just me or...'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom