• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe So Netflix... take a seat over there.

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
Yea, when i saw this on Era i said "wtf" at that title of the movie. It makes me uncomfortable to watch it.

Reactions: Shaqazooloo

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Yea, when i saw this on Era i said "wtf" at that title of the movie. It makes me uncomfortable to watch it.
I never go to that site, but that thread is a dumpster fire.

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
See I don’t want to buy into the pizzagate or QAnon shit. But they really need to stop doing this stuff, because I’m running out of rational explanations. How the fuck was no one involved with this able to say say “no, we cannot make a movie about an 11 year old girl exploring her femininity via twerking dances.” I guess I’ll try and reserve judgement, but it sounds like every adult involved in this film should be put in prison.

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I read a review and it apparently paints all this shit in a bad light... But you got the fucking netflix poster making it look like some pedo shit. I mean it probably is but jeez. Also it's a french film.

Keihart

Jun 23, 2013
Does anyone actually know what it's the movie about or watched it? i mean, i haven't and it sounds kinda shit, but then again, it sounds similar in plot to something like "little miss sunshine" which was a pretty good movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: eMPOK and sol_bad

iorek21

Feb 6, 2017
Brazil
Disgusting

I’m glad that I cancelled my subscription.

I also unfollowed Netflix Brazil’ Twitter profile, it literally turned into a LGBT/Woke account, and they don’t even hide it.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018

I mean ... I'm not gonna watch it. But I honestly would have never connected the dots to pedophilia after watching the trailer.

It seems like it's about an extremely conservative immigrant family experiencing culture shock after moving to the west, and being exposed to pop culture. Seems she's from a Muslim family, and has to wear a hijab, and is rebelling against that to the extreme.

My brother's ex-girlfriend in her mid-20s was still wearing a hijab in public just because she was too afraid to ever have someone see her that would tell her family about it. So yeah, that can be a very difficult decision for Muslim women who like western culture but are afraid to change.

I think you guys have a point, and it's a little weird. But the movie is French, so who knows what they're okay with. I remember Leon: The Professional decades ago.

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
Shits gross. Its even rated MA. least the shot I saw.

I mean ... I'm not gonna watch it. But I honestly would have never connected the dots to pedophilia after watching the trailer.
Its exploiting pre pubescent girls. This is the type of shit pedos get off too. They don't need it to be explicitly sexual. This is wrong.

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018

Seems like they're testing the waters, but this is where they will meet the most resistance.

They'll regroup and come back with another attempt in time.

• LOL
Reactions: Ionian

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
This is a good moment to think about cancelling your membership. Do it, people.

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
I don't see it. Directed by a woman, story is about coming of age, French movie - it looks different and powerful for girls.

I saw in USA cheerleaders start dancing as young as 6 years old at an official NBA game. When 14 year olds came out and started "dancing" I was really confused by whether it's appropriate. But nobody cares so it's just what it is. The marketing for the movie may be a bit misleading but there's no way a movie wouldn't get screened out if it was truly some vile pedo-propaganda.

Welcome to French movie-making.

Darko

Aug 28, 2005
11 year olds twerking for 2 hours gross

Last edited:

nkarafo

Nov 30, 2012
Eh, i didn't see the twerking or sexy part, trailer seemed like the standard crappy dance movie with some extra melodrama. I really wanted to hate it for this (i still hate it for being a shit dance movie) but i don't see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitmap Frogs

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Ironically, it seems like a movie about promoting westernization and assimilation for Muslim immigrants in Europe, something that conservatives would normally be a big fan of I'm sure.

Reactions: 12Goblins

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
You just had to find a way to bring people you don't like into this didn't you?
Did I say something upsetting to you? I constantly see threads about Muslims not integrating in Europe. This is literally a movie about breaking conservative Muslim norms. I just said it's ironic. Fuck off if that triggers you, Jesus Christ.

Reactions: CouzinD

spons

May 25, 2009
Hello Americans, welcome to progressive European cultural values. It's unfortunate Netflix of all things had to introduce you to this but this is how we roll. I'm not even kidding, movies like these are broadcast on the daily on our state media. Dutch, Scandinavian, French, German, etc. You haven't seen shit until you've seen underage girls having implied sex on day time television.

Winter John

Mar 9, 2014
I don't get it. After seeing all the outrage and cancelled subscriptions on here I thought the movie was going to be a bunch of kids doing unspeakable shit. I watched it and all i saw were kids dancing. Maybe I blinked and missed the unspeakable shit your all seeing. If the sight of kids dancing is making you feel all hot and bothered maybe you want to ask yourself why that is

DeepBreath87

Jun 15, 2019
Did I say something upsetting to you? I constantly see threads about Muslims not integrating in Europe. This is literally a movie about breaking conservative Muslim norms. I just said it's ironic. Fuck off if that triggers you, Jesus Christ.
When people say integration, they don’t mean children doing twerking dances (granted I have not watched the trailer). Is that really what you think people mean when they say Muslim need to integrate into western societies?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Jun 2, 2013
Austria
Hello Americans, welcome to progressive European cultural values. It's unfortunate Netflix of all things had to introduce you to this but this is how we roll. I'm not even kidding, movies like these are broadcast on the daily on our state media. Dutch, Scandinavian, French, German, etc. You haven't seen shit until you've seen underage girls having implied sex on day time television.
What?