• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe So Netflix... take a seat over there.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014
How many of you appalled by this are still paying netflix sub?

Just curious.
I cancelled my sub a few days ago, along with my MLB.TV sub for their role in race baiting stupidity. After years of letting the vocal minority call the shots I figure it's time for the silent majority to show these corporations how much money they will actually lose by siding with commie/racist/pedos instead of siding with normal people who find this sort of behaviour despicable.

mcjmetroid

Feb 11, 2019
Limerick, Ireland
I'm not sure what the film is like but it feels like they didn't help themselves by calling it. "cuties".
It's a foreign film like. Change it something else not as creepy sounding.

I don't know what the film is like but the name isn't helping itself.

Reactions: hariseldon

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Dutch kid shows are something else tho, still remember that duck where his entire family got murdered by a car straight at the start, with hitler dolf. fuck these cartoons where brutal.

Bernd Lauert

Apr 15, 2018
May have missed the actual thread if there is one, but disturbing ResetEra compilation reactions from their forum on "Cuties."

(Hope this doesn't violate rules, wasn't sure where to post this.)
Well, if you ever had any doubt that ResetEra is a latent pedo forum... there you have it.

Now if these were anime tiddies, you'd see incredible outrage, with whiteknight virgins defending the honor of a 2D cartoon figure.

When it's about actual little girls though? Well it's art, you bigot.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
An hour long review by a Christian couple:

They liked the movie, they don't think Netflix should be cancelled over this, but they thought it went too far with some of the more gratuitous dancing shots and they thought it could've made its point across with just one scene like that. They wouldn't let their sons to watch it but they will want to show it to their daughters. The man in the video knows Islam really well so there's a good dose of religious perspective too. Honest talk about how women and marriage is seen in Islam. Very good analysis on the theme of the lack of parenthood too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I cancelled my sub a few days ago, along with my MLB.TV sub for their role in race baiting stupidity. After years of letting the vocal minority call the shots I figure it's time for the silent majority to show these corporations how much money they will actually lose by siding with commie/racist/pedos instead of siding with normal people who find this sort of behaviour despicable.
What do we always say on gaming side?

Vote with your wallets. It applies to all facets in a consumerist world.

Last edited:

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
This is, perhaps, the most troublesome take of this movie that I've read.
Watch the review. According to them, the movie shows the girls choices in bad light. They said parents do not want to see that this is what life for many kids today is and that's why especially parents should watch it. They want to be in the room with their kids to make sure they get the message.

This is really a good review to watch. It does not show any clips or even images of the movie (save for what the thumbnail has), which to me is very good, as it has been very ironic that a lot of people are spreading the worst content of the movie all the while telling you not to watch it.

The thing is that now this movie has gained a lot of infamy and everyone knows about it. The pedos will watch it and the kids will watch it to see the famous forbidden movie. If it gets yanked out from Netflix or if Netflix crashes and burns to death because of this, the tweets and the reviews with the same content will still be there.

I haven't watched the movie and I will not watch it, but this review of it was very good. It's not an alarmist review and it doesn't shrug things under the rug either by claiming it's not problematic at all. Felt very unbiased to any direction and very honest all around.

Rock And Roll

Sep 28, 2014

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
Watch the review. According to them, the movie shows the girls choices in bad light. They said parents do not want to see that this is what life for many kids today is and that's why especially parents should watch it. They want to be in the room with their kids to make sure they get the message.

This is really a good review to watch. It does not show any clips or even images of the movie (save for what the thumbnail has), which to me is very good, as it has been very ironic that a lot of people are spreading the worst content of the movie all the while telling you not to watch it.

The thing is that now this movie has gained a lot of infamy and everyone knows about it. The pedos will watch it and the kids will watch it to see the famous forbidden movie. If it gets yanked out from Netflix or if Netflix crashes and burns to death because of this, the tweets and the reviews with the same content will still be there.

I haven't watched the movie and I will not watch it, but this review of it was very good. It's not an alarmist review and it doesn't shrug things under the rug either by claiming it's not problematic at all. Felt very unbiased to any direction and very honest all around.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'll make a point of watching their review. 👍

In Your Vase

Jul 19, 2020
Right, the people who said Joker was going to inspire mass shootings and glorified incels are talking about not judging movie without watching it. What a bunch of cunts.
Listening to Todd Phillips talk about how his own words on Joker were twisted (and how he didn't care because it was useless to engage and just moved on) is a pretty sad interview to listen to.

Still, much respect for the guy to say "fuck it." And even more respect for how well it did.

Reactions: Rock And Roll

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Last edited:

JayK47

Nov 2, 2019
Sick to see the left defending this film and turning this into a political issue with sides. But now it is a right wing thing to hate it, so if you are left wing, you will defend it. Lets just toss this into the 2020 pile of the left showing us what they really think.

As I suspected, the wife and kids are pissed that I am even considering cancelling Netflix. Even if temporary. I wish Netflix, if they will continue to make garbage like this and 13 Reasons Why, had a way to filter out content like this that I never want to see or want my family to see. Since this shit movie is getting so many hits, they will likely consider it a success and make more shit like it. Personally I have very little interest in Netflix since most shows I enjoyed were never Netflix originals and are no longer on Netflix.

poppabk

Jan 21, 2008
USA

What the fuck is this balanced, educated, nuanced opinion shit? Pick a fucking side - are you a nazi or a pedo - those are your only choices.

• Fire
Reactions: Airola

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
There is a better way of talking about sexualizing children.

For people wondering: You depict the dangers by putting the film camera on the actors playing the cameramen, whom are focusing shots on awkward 11 year old girls pantomiming as whores. You don't actually be the creepy camera men doing that. You put the film camera on the fictional director. You don't actually be the director.

Last edited:

Kite

Jun 20, 2007
Guess I'm a lil weird cus I'm less outraged and more cringing like crazy. Kids aren't sexy and watching them trying to act like strippers is kinda sad and pathetic. I felt the same way about the Jonbennet Ramsey and the whole child beauty pageant thing back in the day. Lil girls putting on lipstick and trying to act adult is kinda depressing. Like a boy trying to act all hard and "gangsta" when any adult can swat the lil brat across the room.

Kids are growing up faster and faster and all the hormones in our foodstuff are helping them look the part. But the girls in those clips have nothing to twerk with, please stop it's sad. And Netflix needed to be taught a lesson, looks like the market is going it's thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayK47

In Your Vase

Jul 19, 2020
I'm not defending the movie in the slightest, but I wonder if part of the problem seems to be the title and the marketing/PR imagery (have no idea if it 100% lines up with the movie) which may have very little to do with the content.

Either way, shit move overall on Netflix's part and don't support it, no matter the reason.

Editing: Saw the next response, and I withdraw my "wonder if part of the problem" and replace it with "Netflix is the problem."

Last edited:

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
I'm not defending the movie in the slightest, but I wonder if part of the problem seems to be the title and the marketing/PR imagery (have no idea if it 100% lines up with the movie) which may have very little to do with the content.

Either way, shit move overall on Netflix's part and don't support it, no matter the reason.
People are posting clips on Twitter to illustrate the problem. Those clips are pretty disgusting, definitely not work safe. That's why there's a problem.

ShadowNate

Dec 2, 2013
There's also the "it's not Netflix, it's the movie creators and the parents at fault" crowd.

I mean, yes. But also Netflix. People were calling out the promotional material, (changed from the original) poster, trailer and accompanying text a month before the movie came out, and was also about as awful as most had anticipated.

So what was the thought process there?

Reactions: hariseldon

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
so.... after having a Netflix star (of a show about cheerleading!) busted for making cp? anyone still want to play the "anybody who doesn't like this is a qanon nut" card?

clearly Netflix has some serious issues they need to work out. wtf

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
  • Triggered
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
She is 20 now in the show. They are in College. I don't understand why they think that build is pedophilia. At 19-20 my sisters best friend had the exact same build. Short, huge tits, young face. She had a nose and no flesh fang and wasn't annoying but she was a real person. Shorty huge racked girl suicide rates are probably at the highest ever over this dumb controversy. So much for body positivity.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: The Mad Draklor