• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so NINJA GAIDEN for the PS3 announced (Famitsu)

KR3W

Banned
gantz85 said:
Honestly, MGS4:XXX going multiplatform is the best solution for all parties.

(1) The title had a huge budget and a reissue would help add to those sales -- a multiplatform reissue would be even better. If Konami has managed to get Microsoft to commit to marketing dollars that would be best, because Microsoft >>> Sony in marketing.

(2) MGS4 the title itself has a couple of glaring flaws that need fixing, like the ginormous amount of load scenes and lack of polish in some aspects of the game. I would appreciate fixes. Also a director's cut including Kojima's original ending would be naice.

(3) MGO can go to a wider userbase on the 360, but it's inevitably doomed to a slow death if Konami force that Konami-ID shit on their users.

I would be more than happy to have a MGS4:XXX multiplat announced this year.
It's nice to want things.

goddam.

gantz85 said:
Honestly, MGS4:XXX going multiplatform is the best solution for all parties.

(1) The title had a huge budget and a reissue would help add to those sales -- a multiplatform reissue would be even better. If Konami has managed to get Microsoft to commit to marketing dollars that would be best, because Microsoft >>> Sony in marketing.

(2) MGS4 the title itself has a couple of glaring flaws that need fixing, like the ginormous amount of load scenes and lack of polish in some aspects of the game. I would appreciate fixes. Also a director's cut including Kojima's original ending would be naice.

(3) MGO can go to a wider userbase on the 360, but it's inevitably doomed to a slow death if Konami force that Konami-ID shit on their users.

I would be more than happy to have a MGS4:XXX multiplat announced this year.
The inevitable MGS4:XXX sucks because:

1. I'll be forking over another $80+ for another Collector's Edition.

That is all.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So are we 100% sure it's an updated version of NG2 or is that just the assumption?

I just can't help but notice the game is called NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 and not NINJA GAIDEN 2 Σ.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Really?

I mean is it worth porting? How did Sigma sell??? I think it's sales were probably inflated due to the lack of games on Ps3 at the time of release.

I hate it with a passion and will be patiently waiting for GOW3

Goos news for fans is that it will probably be the definitive version as the first one was.

dfyb

Banned
Dizzan said:
Really?

I mean is it worth porting? How did Sigma sell??? I think it's sales were probably inflated due to the lack of games on Ps3 at the time of release.

I hate it with a passion and will be patiently waiting for GOW3
MORE GAMES BAD!!!

Bebpo

Banned
BeeDog said:
Fix the framerate of a PS3 port release?

:lol All the evidence thus far is that it will probably turn out to be worse. :(

Sigma was a better engine than NG2 in a lot of aspects. Could go either way.

ymmv said:
I bet Microsoft's big E3 announcement will be MGS4: Existence for the 360 (and PS3 of course). Same thing happened with MGS2. PS2 got the original, but the MGS2: Substance reissue was released for PS2, Xbox and PC. The interesting thing was that Substance was an Xbox exclusive in the US. The PS2 version was released four months later.

It wasn't so much exclusive, more that the PS2 version wasn't finished yet. The Xbox got a gimped version of Substance, while the PS2 got the complete version.

You also seem to be ignoring RECENT history, i.e. MGS3. Where was my MGS3S on the Xbox?

Well, I expect at least three things

1.better resolution (at least native 720P)
2.no bugs
3.Ayane as a playable character (confirmed)

NG2 was a great game, with the famously awesome gameplay and kinetic melee combat intact, and improved.

my beefs were the ridiculous overabundance of projectiles coming at you (turn up the difficulty? even more projectiles! that's fun!) and removing the exploration/maps/puzzles/etc, which were something I loved in the NG1.

but really, great game. ps3 guys should buy it if it does come out.

Defuser

Tecmo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ninja Gaiden Σ2, nor will they purchase any of Tecmo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tecmo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Tecmo, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden Σ2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Defuser said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ninja Gaiden Σ2, nor will they purchase any of Tecmo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tecmo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden Σ2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

think someone has a weird, comic book view of japan. the differences are mostly skin deep, really. don't eat food in public and don't make out in public and you're fine.

Hesemonni

Banned
HorribleJames said:
think someone has a weird, comic book view of japan. the differences are mostly skin deep, really. don't eat food in public and don't make out in public and you're fine.
Lurk moar.

It's a meme

Caj814

Defuser said:

Tecmo, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden Σ2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This seems familiar. . . hmmm:lol

Defuser said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAKA TECMO!

f@luS

More than a member.
if they fix framerate issues. Instant buy
Otherwise, its cool but i finished NG2 allready.

still , excellent news for ps3

HorribleJames said:
aaaaaand you lost.

manzo

Interesting to see how Tecmo/Hayashi's team will pull this one through with PS3. The 360 version was running in a sub-hd resolution already (something like 595p) with slowdown.

BeeDog said:
Fix the framerate of a PS3 port release?

:lol All the evidence thus far is that it will probably turn out to be worse. :(
The team already has one title under their belt on the platform and can only improve from there. Personally, I'm very interested in seeing how this unfolds. I may be tempted to buy it again if they can iron out some of the wrinkles that really hurt the game.

balance
resolution
poor textures in some areas
framerate
game pace (Ayane couldn't possibly be worse than Rachel)​

That and a few other tweaks and the game would be that much better. No need to spend development time adding weapons since the current variety is just about spot on as it is.

That said, if the framrate is improved, I'd love to have an option to switch back to an unstable framerate just for the staircase scene. :D

Defuser said:

So Square Enix and Namco Bandai brought shame to themselves?

TripOpt55

The AnswerV said:
Famitsu confirmed Ayane will be a playable character.
Ayane... that'd be pretty cool. I was worried it be Sonia. I have this for 360, but a playable Ayane might make me have to try this. I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out. I guess there's no chance of this launching with a budget price.

Blablurn

Defuser said:

:lol love this meme.

kuYuri

Damn, I would rebuy this if they fix the issues and added some new content. Although I would be waiting for a substantial price drop. I'm actually going through 360 version now.

gantz85

Banned
Dizzan said:
It wasn't?

Edit: I will elaborate, unlike some.

improved HD graphics
Extra levels
Playable Rachel

How is that not the definitive version.

ps3controllerslippingoutofhand.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wat?

Didn't Microsoft publish this game?

So even platform-holder-published games are no longer necessarily exclusive? :lol

gofreak said:
Wat?

So even platform-holder-published games are no longer necessarily exclusive? :lol
They published Vampire Rain too. :p

Go to Wiki and you'll see that Microsoft will publish damn near anything. xD

dogknight

I am surprised to see that sigma 2 is a PS3 exclusive title. Something must've happened between Microsoft and Tecmo, isn't that Gears-like shooter also a PS3 exclusive?

gofreak said:
Wat?

Just because you publish the game does not mean you own the IP, MS also published Mass Effect and Gears of War and they don't own those IPs, Sony is publishing Heavy Rain and has published Final Fantasy VII and they don't own those IPs.

EXGN

Defuser said:

So... are Square Enix and Namco suffering this fate worse than death?

And odd, Dead Rising and Lost Planet went multiplatform too, but didn't Resident Evil 5 sell some 400,000 odd copies in Japan?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AranhaHunter said:
Just because you publish the game does not mean you own the IP, MS also published Mass Effect and Gears of War and they don't own those IPs, Sony is publishing Heavy Rain and has published Final Fantasy VII and they don't own those IPs.

Whilst I know publishing a game doesn't automatically imply ownership (although it usually does for original titles in Sony's case - Sony owns the LBP IP etc.), I would have assumed MS would only publish a closely affiliated franchise on the condition that it would be exclusive :p I mean, that MS was publishing was the reason held out why we should actually pay attention to the 'only on xbox' label this time! :lol

EXGN said:
So... are Square Enix and Namco suffering this fate worse than death?

And odd, Dead Rising and Lost Planet went multiplatform too, but didn't Resident Evil 5 sell some 400,000 odd copies in Japan?

It's a tarp.

Dizzan said:
Resistance for X360 at GDC?
lol

That's one thing Sony does right with its third party stuff. If they're publishing, they make sure they own the IP. Ratchet, Resistance, LBP, White Knight, etc. will never go multiplat.

I think Heavy Rain is the only IP from one of their second parties that they don't' own.

EXGN

gofreak said:
Wat?

Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2, not Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

gofreak said:
Whilst I know publishing a game doesn't automatically imply ownership (although it usually does for original titles in Sony's case - Sony owns the LBP IP etc.), I would have assumed MS would only publish a closely affiliated franchise on the condition that it would be exclusive :p I mean, that MS was publishing was the reason held out why we should actually pay attention to the 'only on xbox' label this time! :lol

It's a tarp.
In these cases, the most they can hope for is timed exclusivity. They'd be hard pressed to work out a deal for something permanent.

If Microsoft's paying (via moneyhats or publishing), they're probably paying for timed exclusivity. Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, etc.

gofreak said:

It's a tarp.

I'm guessing here, but I think that no exclusive is exclusive forever, there's a time limit to exclusivity, so MS published NGII and it did get a 6 month to 1 year exclusivity on it.

Top Bottom