• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, now Microsoft owns the unfinished Prey 2 and part of the original development team...

Castef

Banned
I was just thinking about this.

Technically the unfinished Prey 2 game is owned by Bethesda, I guess, and part of the development team - ex-Human Head Studios - moved to Roundhouse Studios, which is owned by Bethesda.

So, Microsoft now own every single piece in case they want to resume development on the game.

Interesting.

D.Final

Banned
I was just thinking about this.

Technically the unfinished Prey 2 game is owned by Bethesda, I guess, and part of the development team - ex-Human Head Studios - moved to Roundhouse Studios, which is owned by Bethesda.

So, Microsoft now own every single piece in case they want to resume development on the game.

Interesting.
Yeah
Prey 3 can be awesome

Stuart360

It would be a nice bit of PR for the harcore crowd if Microsoft announced they were going to strat development again. I doubt it though unfortunately.

Castef

Banned
It would be a nice bit of PR for the harcore crowd if Microsoft announced they were going to strat development again. I doubt it though unfortunately.

Let's say that's the kind of smart moves they could do to raise a LOT of attention.

I mean: are you planning to develop a lot of games? Ok, make this one one of them.

Staff and key dev figures have come and gone, files have changed hands, data has been lost, assets outdated, too much time has passed... it'd be more trouble than it's worth. If it continued it might end up like Duke Nukem Forever.

HarryKS

Don't hold your breath.

There is a reason the game was canceled. It wasn't working.

Just like Phantom Dust and that Dragon game. Sometimes, it's better just to cut your losses early.

Top Bottom