• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

Briarios

Have to be honest, it was his leaks that got me interested in an Xbox One again. Now I kind of regret not having an Xbox One pre-ordered. Guess I'll try my luck at the stores in December =/

His leaks renewed my interest, too -- I'm huge into my 360, and I was really looking forward to the One until the craziness with DRM and the corporate responses.

So, my interest was renewed seeing all the cool stuff!

Then my interested was extinguished as he received copyright strikes on YouTube and had his console banned, and I was quickly reminded why I lost interest in the first place.

Mononoke

Banned
His leaks renewed my interest, too -- I'm huge into my 360, and I was really looking forward to the One until the craziness with DRM and the corporate responses.

So, my interest was renewed seeing all the cool stuff!

Then my interested was extinguished as he received copyright strikes on YouTube and had his console banned, and I was quickly reminded why I lost interest in the first place.

I bought an OG Xbox and a 360 at launch. I loved both of those consoles. But I kind of lost interest with the 360 in the last half of its life cycle, due to the company shifting focus to the OS/kinect/social media aspects. And just in general, I wasn't very happy with the first party titles at the time.

But honestly, after seeing the UI for the new Xbox One functioning so smoothly, I understand WHY MS was spending so much time on those things. I'm still not 100% sure about the specs, and how multiplat games will perform side by side. But there is a very compelling argument for the Xbox One with the UI/system and overall experience of how it brings all your entertainment together.

I ended up going PS4 this generation. And I don't regret that. But my interest in an Xbox One really grew substantially since the leaks, and seeing how the system is coming together. I just mean the totality of what the Xbox One experience is vs. just looking at it from a game device perspective.

jett

D-Member
Sure, you can call me Larry. As I noted, things are not ready. Also, he was not banned (his gamertag and Xbox 360 are not impacted) his console was just blocked from signing in. When things are ready, he'll get on early - that is what I am working on.

Good on you for clearing the air and making it right with the guy.

Top Bottom