• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Xbox One launches today in Japan...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
tXnFtiL.jpg
kl5D2NR.jpg

So uh, Japan GAF! Anyone biting? Any major advertising? Feels weird not to have a launch day thread so here we go!

Nico Nico 24hr livestream (subscribers only): http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv191179065

Day One Japan bundle details (Dance Central Spotlight was recently added to the bundle): http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/xbox-one/consoles/xboxone_dayone#fbid=g2nufuJeqbS

Let's get this launch train started!

-------------

Twitter Posts:

Impressions:

Some pics I took at GEO. Of note are the blue boxes that say they will buy 2nd hand games.

N2MzRJ6.jpg

eTDlXtq.jpg

fH7nsHc.jpg

Just went to the launch event! It was... completely dead. To my surprise, the cashier allowed me to choose a game of my choice, free of charge. I have no idea why, as there was no campaign or promotion going on that I could see.

LOeOBto.jpg

lu59yWA.jpg

x2WqRxQ.jpg

Tomorrow. One day left [before launch]:
9A47BF2A-9C62-42BC-BD50-96F6ED1A6FF1_zpszq9av8o8.jpg

The calm before the storm...
DBB9F5E4-E81D-441A-9616-BD6C57F40F10_zpszjl6eycj.jpg

9BD1763A-D5B1-472B-ADAB-32A2912EA0E1_zpsdhycspys.jpg

LzdYQw2.jpg

Picking my preorder up tomorrow after class. :) I've been waiting so long for this to finally come out. Between this and Smash Bros next week, I'm not going to be getting much work done.

Sir TapTap

That's the bundle they should have launched to sell the Kinect with here, eesh. Though is that the $10 Dance Central? Not that it really matters, they just needed to include a couple of good/great experiences with Kinect. Playroom is a good start on PS4 for example, but there's no meat to it unless you're going to stream (which is, oddly, an emergent use for it!)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So uh, Japan GAF! Anyone biting? Any major advertising? Feels weird not to have a launch day thread so here we go!
Demo stations in bigger stores, shelves with games in smaller ones.
And yet no one cares. I haven't seen any advertising on TV, any billboards in train stations, nothing.

Chobel

Famitsu review scores for xbone games:

Crimson Dragon (XBO) – 7/7/6/7 [27/40]
Dead Rising 3 (XBO) – 8/9/7/9 [33/40]
Forza Motorsport 5 (XBO) – 7/9/8/9 [33/40]
Kinect Sports Rivals (XBO) – 6/7/7/7 [28/40]
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (XBO) – 7/8/8/7 [30/40]
Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO) – 8/7/7/7 [29/40]
Zumba Fitness: World Party (XBO) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]

Source: Gematsu

Foshy

Famitsu reviews for xbone games:

Crimson Dragon (XBO) – 7/7/6/7 [27/40]
Dead Rising 3 (XBO) – 8/9/7/9 [33/40]
Forza Motorsport 5 (XBO) – 7/9/8/9 [33/40]
Kinect Sports Rivals (XBO) – 6/7/7/7 [28/40]
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (XBO) – 7/8/8/7 [30/40]
Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO) – 8/7/7/7 [29/40]
Zumba Fitness: World Party (XBO) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]

Source: Gematsu
these are low as fuck scores for famitsu standards. looks like ms didn't pay up.

Sykra

There is some advertising, but more for Destiny as far a I see. It has slightly less retail presence than ps4.

Anung

Un Rama
Seriously? HAHAHA. I was hunting down a fight stick today and went into numerous stores. Xbox one wasn't getting any action.

Top Bottom