• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So the Xbox Series X is really durable.......

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

DesertedDefensiveFulmar-size_restricted.gif

teezzy

Banned
What in the fuck was that. Why does he talk and behave the way he does. Why does he have almost 1.5million subscribers?

CoarseHonoredCockroach-size_restricted.gif

Because most people who care enough about video games to seek out a video like that are under the age of fourteen.

Morgan Webb did it better anyhow

hqdefault.jpg

Y'know... back when I was fourteen or so

-Arcadia-

Banned
Eh, retarded or not, it was nice to know it’s that durable. Not sure it’ll get put to the test — it’s just going to sit there, after all, I’m not skydiving with it — but it’s nice to know that if something happens, and it gets knocked over, it’ll more than likely be fine.

Kagey K

Banned
Goddamn you have to give MS some credit there. That thing took a beating. Too bad he went straight to the ice pick. Would have been interesting to see how long it could have held out against that baseball bat.

Im thinking the other one doesn’t stand much of a chance with that giant flat wafer board. Hope the sleeves give it some extra bounce protection.

iorek21

That reminds me that I used to really like HowToBasic channel, but over the years I kind of began to agree with those classic comments like "People in Africa could've eaten this"; destroying completely fine food for mere laughs kind of sucks. I'm no vegan and don't pretend to ever be one, but each chicken he fucks up was raised and killed to feed people, not for whatever it's being used for.

I think the same thing applies for OP's video: this XSX was built to give fun to someone (and you all know a lot of people would be extremely happy to only have some hours with it), not to be destroyed like this.

I know, people will probably say that it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it, and I agree, they're free to do so, but I still think it sucks.

LarknThe4th

I guess I understand why someone would do this, to get a click as the first guy to smash an Xbox Series X up, but shit it's still annoying even thinking about it! 😂😂

Kagey K

Banned
Same. Fuck these people.
At least he seems to have a bit of self awareness as to how he is perceived based on the opening of the video.

He seemed dead tired and pissed off he couldn’t kill it on that last fridge throw before he got the ice pick.

deafmedal

I’ve enjoyed destroying a thing or two in my days, who’d have thunk to figure out a way to capitalize on it?! I enjoyed his retarded humor this time but probably couldn’t stand watching regularly. But that fucking ugly whore releasing today/tomorrow? Oh, Imma watch her get smashed and fucking love it 😏

MrA

Banned
I’ve enjoyed destroying a thing or two in my days, who’d have thunk to figure out a way to capitalize on it?! I enjoyed his retarded humor this time but probably couldn’t stand watching regularly. But that fucking ugly whore releasing today/tomorrow? Oh, Imma watch her get smashed and fucking love it 😏
this was a thing at least back to the wii/360/ps3 launch
started with smash my iPod as far as I know

Kagey K

Banned
this was a thing at least back to the wii/360/ps3 launch
started with smash my iPod as far as I know
Yeah at least with COVID we were spared from a bunch of these “I smashed a brand new console in front of fanboys waiting in line” videos.

Lesser of 2 evils it’s better for a scalper to get a console than a smasher.

That reminds me that I used to really like HowToBasic channel, but over the years I kind of began to agree with those classic comments like "People in Africa could've eaten this"; destroying completely fine food for mere laughs kind of sucks. I'm no vegan and don't pretend to ever be one, but each chicken he fucks up was raised and killed to feed people, not for whatever it's being used for.

I think the same thing applies for OP's video: this XSX was built to give fun to someone (and you all know a lot of people would be extremely happy to only have some hours with it), not to be destroyed like this.

I know, people will probably say that it's their money and they can do whatever they want with it, and I agree, they're free to do so, but I still think it sucks.
You're not wrong in any way, shape, or form, but if you have never worked food service the amount of food waste that occurs everywhere is absolutely staggering. Every single grocery store alone throws out at least three carts full of perfectly good food every day..........after donating what they legally can to homeless shelters.

I used to have a local mom 'n pop restaurant that I'd get out of date produce from every now and then to make vegetable stock with, they're out of business now thanks to the Chinese bioweapon.

Grinchy

Banned
God damn! There's no such thing as breaking one of these by knocking it over.

For some reason I can't help but imagine someone's kid pouring their drink right into the top of it, though.

Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom