• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, there's a new Mewtwo form that was just added to Pokken.

Joqu

Yeah it's just a special form for Pokken. Like Dark Dialga above and Dark Lugia for Pokemon XD.

I don't think it'd be popping up in the mainline games.

I gotta say I really wouldn't mind them bringing those dark pokemon to the mainline games. I still love that Lugia design so much.

That's something for another gen though. They're gonna focus on Megas for now.

Flowmoney

Pokemon is copying Digimon again. That is like Mewtwo but his Mega X form has Black Wargreymon edginess. Dark versions of digimon have been around almost forever.

OranSky

Banned
i honestly doubt this form will leave Pokken. It just looks like its mega Y form with shards jammed into it. While interesting as a bonus boss, I'm not sure if its a big enough distinction to be a new form in the main games.

Razmos

Pokemon is copying Digimon again. That is like Mewtwo but his Mega X form has Black Wargreymon edginess. Dark versions of digimon have been around almost forever.
Dark versions of pokemon have been around forever too.

How many years now and people are still saying "Pokemon is becoming like digimon!111!"
Sheesh

madp

The Light of El Cantare
CSmzXZuWsAI59h5.png:orig

Just a few red highlights and a gun away from being Shadow the Hedgehog.

So it's some weird dark / primal version of Mewtwo who then mega evolves into mega Mewtwo X? Cool I can get down with that, he looks pretty bad ass too, hope he's not just a boss character and you can actually unlock and play him.

WFT.. Since when did Mewtwo get confirmed in the first place?

1446253909-mewtwo-new-form.jpg

150Mewtwo_Mega_X_Dream.png

I hardly see a difference between this form and Mega Mewtwo X besides the orange color and the crystals. Seems like its just an altered version of the mega x form with the crystasl and color change.

El Sabroso

the horns are by that crystal mewtwo has even before becoming Mega Mewtwo X, is that form which is taking for the entire battle

I hardly see a difference between this form and Mega Mewtwo X besides the orange color and the crystals. Seems like its just an altered version of the mega x form with the crystasl and color change.
I personally think that's just Dark Mewtwo X, yeah. It looks similar to Mewtwo X and we see a normal Dark Mewtwo mega evolve into it. It seems like the most sensible thing to me. It's just Dark Mewtwo X the whole fight 'cuz it's a secret boss and shit.

But damn, Dark Mewtwo... I'm hoping I can get one in the next Pokemon game. :X

ash_ag

Mega Ash-Mewtwo X.

It's probably a unique Mewtwo they let Namco create (à la Shadow Lugia in Pokémon XD or Primal Dialga in MD2), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to the Ash-Greninja mechanic in some way. It does seem to have a mysterious NPC trainer of sorts.

Forkball

1446253909-extra-battle.jpg

Name: Dark Mewtwo
Type: Psychic/Dark/Blood
Dislikes: Fairies, baby Pokemon, Jared from school
Quote: "Now you'll see REAL power!"

TreIII

I wonder if he'll be playable, and if you can play as regular Mewtwo too.

My best guess is that the "base" Dark Mewtwo will likely be playable just fine. He just won't have access to the unlimited Mega Evo that his AI Boss counterpart does.

Zalman

My best guess is that the "base" Dark Mewtwo will likely be playable just fine. He just won't have access to the unlimited Mega Evo that his AI Boss counterpart does.
Or maybe it's just standard Mewtwo with the Mega Mewtwo X transformation (not "Dark"). Even if they play the same, it makes the boss stand out a little more.

JoeM86

This really is standard Tekken fare
Or maybe it's just standard Mewtwo with the Mega Mewtwo X transformation (not "Dark"). Even if they play the same, it makes the boss stand out a little more.

This is the most likely outcome.

He's too busy stocking up his Yokai Watch fallout shelter.

Pfft, Yo-kai Watch will not suddenly make Pokémon not be good, popular or a thing. Fads come and go :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1446253909-extra-battle.jpg

Name: Dark Mewtwo
Type: Psychic/Dark/Blood
Dislikes: Fairies, baby Pokemon, Jared from school
Quote: "Now you'll see REAL power!"

you forgot PSSH Nothin Personnel kidd

...who's Jared

NEO0MJ

Oh look, more pandering to genwunners. Thanks TPC :|

Not G1's fault it's best gen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though more seriously, I think Mega Mewtwo X is one of the better final bosses they could have picked. Not sure why they had to make it more extreme, though.

Top Bottom