• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So this Pokemon advertisement just played for me in Youtube

xk0sm0sx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hjqw2LpHb0

Wow, it actually tricked me, they put in the official voices and everything in the trailer, and someone actually paid Youtube to advertise this video.

I mean, it's one thing for unofficial clones to exist, but the way this was advertised was just asking for trouble.

Calm Mind

Whoever made this will be hit so hard they will be made an example to show to future generations of why you don't cross The Pokemon Company.

*GRABS POPCORN*

One of the youtube mobile advertisements I keep on getting is a hilarious engrish-riddled sexy anime girl battle RPG thing with a very clearly unauthorized cover of A Cruel Angel's Thesis playing in the background, along with a few ads for a clearly bootleg Naruto game that used footage from Ultimate Ninja 4 and an off-brand Bleach game.

Ads for mobile games straight up don't give a fuck.

Regiruler

Woopity doopity doo, DMCA is coming for you.
Why did I think this was some type of devil may cry for a second.

I wonder if that's what Dante has been up to.
One of the youtube mobile advertisements I keep on getting is a hilarious engrish-riddled sexy anime girl battle RPG thing with a very clearly unauthorized cover of A Cruel Angel's Thesis playing in the background, along with a few ads for a clearly bootleg Naruto game that used footage from Ultimate Ninja 4 and an off-brand Bleach game.

Ads for mobile games straight up don't give a fuck.
I've seen ads for the Naruto game everywhere, I thought it was real. It keeps advertising some sort of create a character mechanic.

Kouriozan

Come on now, hahaha.
I remember the awful mobile clone we played back then, with slightly modified artwork of everything.

DrArchon

Theres another one named game of monster. Which is a straight rip off, of pokemon, even haz dbz characters.

Ugh. Regardless of ripping off any properties, the quickest way to get me to ignore or think less of a game is to have the name obviously sound like some more popular property so that it'll pop up when you search for stuff. Same reason I could never take "Game of War" seriously, because it's so obvious that the guys making it just said "Hey, if we have 'Game of..." in the name, people will see this when they look for Game of Thrones stuff!"

People need to have some goddamn self respect.

xk0sm0sx

An interesting thing was when I was trying to find this video after losing the link, it was not listed as any official video. Searching Hey Monster does not return you this video. It was also not listed on their facebook page.

It was by luck the advert played a second time before I made sure I took down the link. This video was posted on a random guy's account, and it only appears when you search Pokemon Remade.

It's like they paid some random guy to upload it and advertise it on their behalf.

Erekiddo

Over 2,000 monsters to collect!

I wonder if this is comparable to those infomercials 100 games in 1 machines. 5 versions of Pikachu here I come.

Top Bottom