• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, uh, the crazy buttocks on a train (CBOAT) is back?

Yeah good point, people can be wrong. It's the whole circus around it that gets me rolling. I think it stems from the perceived intentions of the insider as it were, some folk believe they take their preferences a bit too far and want to spread shit about a competitor and others thrive on it, placing on a pedestal I don't know, just genuine info either way will suit me fine.

I think there are definitely insiders who are more aligned with Sony or MS or Nintendo (I can't seem to remind much about nintendo insiders here), but CBOAT has always been more of a MS guy, in the sense that relayed way more information about them, good or bad.

This whole CBOAT thing was pretty funny.
The guy started leaking some negative stuff about the X1 a year ago and MS fans started complaining about him.
Then something happened with his TF info, he got banned, and everyone who complained about him took the opportunity to say "see, we were right!".
Now that he leaked halo 5...no one complains.

Meanwhile, people with at least some common sense understood that everything X1 has been shifting in the past year, and that his information, while maybe true at one point in time, didn't mean that was how it was going to be.

The thing is, the only reason why CBOAT got the 72 hour ban was because he wouldn't let go on his previous info as being current.

No one is surprised if information changes, but to stick to your guns even when outright proven wrong is intentionally giving out bad info. It's probably why he was a lot more cryptic this time around.

Donos

People still doubt the boat? Someone on gaf made a list of all the stuff he leaked/hinted so far and it goes way back. That things change sometimes or he gets burned, is the risk of leaking stuff early.
Some people started to hate/doubt him because he leaked a pile of unflattering MS stuff for a while (and barely anything about Sony) and others cheer him up for revealing the bad stuff. Although some of the cheering / adoration is just the typical gaf-fun train for the lolz.

As a long time lurker and now new junior dude here, CBOAT makes that place extra entertaining for me. Regardless of the rumors content or validity, it's always entertaining. Love it.

UraMallas

Is it odd that I'm disappointed that Halo 5 is coming out this year because it means Halo 2 Anniversary likely isn't? Unless they do some kind of surprise release in June which would floor me.

Edit: I am a moron.

Is it odd that I'm disappointed that Halo 5 is coming out this year because it means Halo 2 Anniversary is likely not? Unless they do some kind of surprise release in June which would floor me.

Well you lucked out then since Halo 5 is coming out next year. It'll likely be the headliner at NEXT year's E3.

People still doubt the boat? Someone on gaf made a list of all the stuff he leaked/hinted so far and it goes way back. That things change sometimes or he gets burned, is the risk of leaking stuff early.
Some people started to hate/doubt him because he leaked a pile of unflattering MS stuff for a while (and barely anything about Sony) and others cheer him up for revealing the bad stuff. Although some of the cheering / adoration is just the typical gaf-fun train for the lolz.

Judging by twitter, the Halo 5 stuff was released to press yesterday evening. Shinobi seemed to know what was up on the Twitter as well. This doesn't seem like a big CBOAT leak like we saw last year, there were multiple parties who knew and he released a funny little hint the day before.

I'm not willing to say "CBOAT is back" just yet. This isn't near the quality of leak that we got from him when he was at his best.

zoozilla

Even if it is a Halo 5 reveal, it'll probably be a super short, pre-rendered teaser or something, with the promise of maybe some gameplay at E3 proper.

I'm prepared to be let down!

Judging by twitter, the Halo 5 stuff was released to press yesterday evening. Shinobi seemed to know what was up on the Twitter as well. This doesn't seem like a big CBOAT leak like we saw last year, there were multiple parties who knew and he released a funny little hint the day before.

I'm not willing to say "CBOAT is back" just yet. This isn't near the quality of leak that we got from him when he was at his best.

He is probably going to leak safely for awhile since he got one thing wrong and the forum went down on him faster than Zephyr vs Orange.

Donos

I don't see this Halo thingy as "leak". Like you said, this news did it rounds early.
My post was rather a general statement about cboat. Saw someone post in an other thread recently that "cboat had 1-2 right guesses but was mostly wrong" so this was a good place to say what i wanted to reply to this guy.
In general i don't care about most "insiders" and some of them cleary like their position and attention way to much.

"If you guys could see what i know ..." < hate that shit.

He is probably going to leak safely for awhile since he got one thing wrong and the forum went down on him faster than Zephyr vs Orange.

I can't blame him on it either. Once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz. That said, I do hope he goes back to his usual style... We have a few press people who can leak names/pics/etc... but no one speaks truth-facts like cboat.

Blades64

Banned
I can't blame him on it either. Once bitten, twice shy and all that jazz. That said, I do hope he goes back to his usual style... We have a few press people who can leak names/pics/etc... but no one speaks truth-facts like cboat.

I wonder if he's scared though? A bunch of GAF pretty much crucified the guy once he got one thing wrong.

TyrantII

The thing is, the only reason why CBOAT got the 72 hour ban was because he wouldn't let go on his previous info as being current.

No one is surprised if information changes, but to stick to your guns even when outright proven wrong is intentionally giving out bad info. It's probably why he was a lot more cryptic this time around.

Seeing the performance and studdering issues, and Respawns golden goose of 60FPS over everything else... Its not surprising why he stuck to his guns.

..if you took them at their word that 60fps came first.

Seeing the performance and studdering issues, and Respawns golden goose of 60FPS over everything else... Its not surprising why he stuck to his guns.

..if you took them at their word that 60fps came first.

I agree, and his source was likely adament about it as well (which is why he did stick to it) but when people getting their hands on it and the devs were saying it would be higher than 720p he should have just bowed out gracefully with "outdated info".

MADGAME

There's just something about leaked morsels of upcoming video game news that shivers my timbers.

Thanks CBOAT, if I could make a .gif in your honor I would.

Madness

Bonnie said she wanted to beat Ryan from IGN from announcing it at 3 am, so I'm curious as to how many knew about Halo 5: Guardians but had been holding off from announcing it. CBoaT predicted it perfectly. I honestly thought it was something to do with this Guardians movie or something. Like Halo 5 would be teased in a trailer before etc.

Wynnebeck

Banned
CBOAT's Journal: May 16th, 2014

Fnbloy anbnning nhtread thess mrning, llisy ostp abt MS. hist icty s afrd off mii. Eye hve siiin itis teru acef.

Het trehads r extnded uttersg n teh ttugers r ful fo blud n whn teh darins ifnally scb ovr, lal teh veremin wil drwn.

Teh acumultd flth off lal thair bd posts n fnbloy drvel wil fome upp abut thair waits n lal teh fnbloys n afferGs wil luk pup n showt "aveS sus!"... n eye'l luk dwn n whspr "LOL oNo.”

Cornbread78

Fnbloy anbnning nhtread thess mrning, llisy ostp abt MS. hist icty s afrd off mii. Eye hve siiin itis teru acef.

Het trehads r extnded uttersg n teh ttugers r ful fo blud n whn teh darins ifnally scb ovr, lal teh veremin wil drwn.

Teh acumultd flth off lal thair bd posts n fnbloy drvel wil fome upp abut thair waits n lal teh fnbloys n afferGs wil luk pup n showt "aveS sus!"... n eye'l luk dwn n whspr "LOL oNo.”

What in the....

CBOAT's final words before the Titanfall ban:

"Nevr compromsie! Nt eevn ni teh faec off rmagddn!"

Brick

Perfect.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

lol

Awesome.

........... If I could love a post like I love a woman... this would be the one.

jaypah

It's not hard to see why some love him and some hate him. MS made a lot of mistakes and he told us about them. One group of fanatics lapped it up, savoring every drop. The other group let it eat away at their very soul. Although, CBOAT literally saying that he would wash his ass with the tears of Xbox fanboys probably didn't win him any favor with that side :p

I'm just glad that he lived to leak another day. He was around before MS started fucking up and he'll hopefully be around after.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
They're banned just as quickly as they're worshiped, it's not like they post with impunity.

Yep. Most -- if not every time -- "leakers" start threads and whatnot, it's approved by a mod. And it only gets approved if they prove evidence of some sort to warrant their claims.

Regardless, though, I said this in the Halo 5 thread, this is a "win" for both CBOAT and Shinobi. Not that I find anything wrong with that. :)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's not hard to see why some love him and some hate him. MS made a lot of mistakes and he told us about them. One group of fanatics lapped it up, savoring every drop. The other group let it eat away at their very soul. Although, CBOAT literally saying that he would wash his ass with the tears of Xbox fanboys probably didn't win him any favor with that side :p

I'm just glad that he lived to leak another day. He was around before MS started fucking up and he'll hopefully be around after.

I think the problem a lot had with him was that he was the main source of a ton of FUD about the X1 before it launched... if I remember right pretty much up until launch about how the X1 was going to be a complete mess. Then it launched.. and it really wasn't what he made it out to be.

The X1 and MS had PR problems for sure with the 180 (mainly before).. but after the 180.. CBOAT was a main driver in continuing the FUD about all these issues the X1 was going to have.

Honestly, a lot of what CBOAT was doing sounded like a jaded employee who was attacking his employer because he was unhappy. It's not really an admirable trait.

The TF stuff wasn't the first time he was wrong about something, or overplayed what was going on.

I think the problem a lot had with him was that he was the main source of a ton of FUD about the X1 before it launched... if I remember right pretty much up until launch about how the X1 was going to be a complete mess. Then it launched.. and it really wasn't what he made it out to be.

The X1 and MS had PR problems for sure with the 180 (mainly before).. but after the 180.. CBOAT was a main driver in continuing the FUD about all these issues the X1 was going to have.

Honestly, a lot of what CBOAT was doing sounded like a jaded employee who was attacking his employer because he was unhappy. It's not really an admirable trait.

The TF stuff wasn't the first time he was wrong about something, or overplayed what was going on.

^^ This is what revisionist history looks like.

Top Bottom