So uh, why didn’t anyone tell me Beto is joke?

Mar 12, 2014
I’m flipping between Fox live coverage of Trump rally, and in between explaining how getting Wall money is a loss, MSNBC shows some Beto rally footage. Odd scene. ReLly zoomed in to hide crowd, thuggish looking people behind fence he’s in front of, and he’s just railing against walls. All animated and yelling how bad walls are. It’s like a meme it’s so bad. I really can’t believe I wasn’t in on this joke. Is he one of those 4chan jokes? Like who is the most ridiculous person to spread rumors about having a good chance of winning the White House? Whatever, just next time someone should tip me off on these silly pranks. Actually wondered who this guy is that everyone talks about.

Mar 12, 2014
:messenger_tears_of_joy: at skateboard comment. And uh, how about the whole Foxnews is the worst thing. You assholes didn’t tell me that was sarcasm. No way anyone is serious on that after a few minutes of MSNBC tonight. It makes me think they take drunken hobos, clean them up in the shower, and ask them to tell the world why trump is bad. Do sane people really watch this regularly?

Feb 25, 2017
Reading this Beto's biography is like reading a resume from a fresh out of college graduate who wants to change the world but completely lack the distinguishing qualities or accomplishments to be taken seriously. Highest education attainment, bachelor degree in English. Employment history, self employed and civil servant. Notable accomplishment : Married into money, hit and run car incident, gave a really good speech about NFL protesting.

If this is the face of the Democrat party, then the Democrats have set the bar to be president to a new low.

Apr 19, 2018
When I read Betos tweets I can't get the voice of Jeff Spicoli out of my head while doing so.
They praised him because he's "Rock and Roll" but then once videos of him band leaked and everyone got to hear him sing, they realized
he's as tone deaf on stage as he is in real life.

Last edited:
May 19, 2010
Tough to believe. I would expect every news source out there to have hyperventaled over that little claim if true. Unless most of crowd was on other side of fence of course. They wouldn’t that out there.
The EPFD said the capacity of the venue the president was at was 6500, and the EPPD estimated up to 15k people attended O'Rourke's event.

It's El Paso, I wouldn't expect anyone to make a huge huge deal out of any rallies there. Comparing crowd sizes is pointless anyways.

Apr 15, 2018
The EPFD said the capacity of the venue the president was at was 6500, and the EPPD estimated up to 15k people attended O'Rourke's event.

It's El Paso, I wouldn't expect anyone to make a huge huge deal out of any rallies there. Comparing crowd sizes is pointless anyways.
😂 You don't want to make a big deal out of it becuase even you don't believe those bullshit numbers.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
These are the numbers I found:
According to local journalist Bob Moore, officials estimated the attendance at Trump’s rally at close to 7,000 with another 6,000 watching on screens outside. Approximately 7,000 people attended the counter-protests.
I have also read some journalists say Beto had 10-15k. It sounds like both rallies drew a decent amount of people.

Feb 25, 2017
It's not the fire and police Dept claiming thats how many were actually there. That was the estimate they made before the event started.

Nice attempt at lying though
It's the radical left's new playbook. Throw out an outrageous claim and later deny they ever said it.

Crowd size comparison. The dishonest media once again try to downplay Trump's supporters. Trump only has a minority of voter support and his supporters are immoral racist and neo nazis they say. We need an honest media that reports the facts and keep the bias out of it, the misinformation is becoming toxic and make people ill-equip to make informed decisions that affect their bottomline, self interest, and long term consequences.

Trump

Beto

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2010
When it comes to crowd size we know Trump is a known liar. He's in Texas, a place where Trump won by large margins. Even if Trump had a larger rally Beto had a very impressive showing.

Aug 30, 2018
I didn't realize he was such a spaz until I saw his speech last night.

One of the gems was "walls end lives." I mean, WHAT? How can a wall end a life? Where's the fact checkers there?

Maybe was paranoid and was having visions of the wall behind him was going to close in on him. I guess walls do serve a purpose?

After last nights pathetic showing, he's done. The Fake News is yet again trying to prop him up by making his crowd size sound far more impressive than it is. Good thing we have photographic evidence.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
I didn't realize he was such a spaz until I saw his speech last night.

One of the gems was "walls end lives." I mean, WHAT? How can a wall end a life? Where's the fact checkers there?

Maybe was paranoid and was having visions of the wall behind him was going to close in on him. I guess walls do serve a purpose?

After last nights pathetic showing, he's done. The Fake News is yet again trying to prop him up by making his crowd size sound far more impressive than it is. Good thing we have photographic evidence.

Beto is literally protecting himself with walls. I dont understand how we've gotten to this point. If someone was trying to preach to me about stuff like walls and gun control, while literally using walls and armed security to protect themselves, I'd laugh at them, not applaud.

Like, it's one thing to debate deep philosophical issues where the answers are like sand slipping through your fingers. But if your position is that walls don't work, then you're just having a laugh, right? Trolling the audience to see who claps?

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
This struck me as a blatant attempt to cut into Trump's appeal to undecideds/independents. Both the Dems and the mainstream media know that they can't let Trump hold rallies the same way he did in 2016 and 2018 or they'll probably lose in 2020. Whether Beto runs for 2020 or not, he was/is an appealing figure on the left and will serve to eat up a good chunk of that oxygen in the room, so to speak, so it's in the Democrats best interest to throw everything they can at the wall and hope it eats into Trump's potential audience, even if it's only a trivial number of people, one event at a time. It reeks of desperation.

God help the Dems if the Mueller investigation doesn't deliver an actionable charge against Trump.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2014
This struck me as a blatant attempt to cut into Trump's appeal to undecideds/independents. Both the Dems and the mainstream media know that they can't let Trump hold rallies the same way he did in 2016 and 2018 or they'll probably lose in 2020. Whether Beto runs for 2020 or not, he was/is an appealing figure on the left and will serve to eat up a good chunk of that oxygen in the room, so to speak, so it's in the Democrats best interest to throw everything they can at the wall and hope it eats into Trump's potential audience, even if it's only a trivial number of people, one event at a time. It reeks of desperation.

God help the Dems if the Mueller investigation doesn't deliver an actionable charge against Trump.
They were hoping his rally would dwarf Trump's in turnout. If it had they would have covered it live beginning to end. When it didn't, CNN had to fill dead time complaining about Trump not having a dog. Desperation is an understatement.

Oct 1, 2006
If someone was trying to preach to me about stuff like walls and gun control, while literally using walls and armed security to protect themselves, I'd laugh at them, not applaud.
*citizens afraid of drug dealers and criminals coming over from a narcostate*

FEAR TERROR

*politician gives speeches behind walls, lives in gated community with guards*

He needs it! He's important!

Aug 30, 2014
You can laugh now. Hopefully you won't be laughing by election night.
Beto literally said "we stand against walls" as he stood against the backdrop of a huge fence in a city protected by walls, with a huge screen of Trumps rally dwarfing him from behind and cheers from the Trump rally overwhelming Beto's own audio. In his state. If you can't laugh at that, I don't know what to say.

The Democrats have a clear path to victory... put up a centrist. But they're too busy running left to notice. And honestly, it may be too late, since the far left would eviscerate a centrist at this point.

The wall would directly help those the left claim to care about. Whose jobs do you think those who cross the border are taking? Tech? Doctors? Or the very jobs that our existing unskilled labor needs to get so that they can begin the journey from poverty to middle class? And what communities do you think are hurt worst by the cartel drug trade that uses unsecured border areas to smuggle? Who is hurt worse by crowded public schools and hospitals, the poor or those already sending their kids to private schools? And who gains from lack of walls? The companies that profit off of cheaper labor. It's pure rhetoric to call the wall racist when your actual policy encourages practices that directly harm that segment of our society which most needs the wall. The Democrats have it all backwards at this point. They're so anti trump they throw out good policy simply because he wants it, and they take more and more untenable positions in a race to out anti-Trump themselves.

Meanwhile, we happily ship off tens of billion for other countries to build walls and protect their borders while debating 5 to protect ours.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
Beto literally said "we stand against walls" as he stood against the backdrop of a huge fence in a city protected by walls, with a huge screen of Trumps rally dwarfing him from behind and cheers from the Trump rally overwhelming Beto's own audio. In his state. If you can't laugh at that, I don't know what to say.
Trump is president despite being a living cartoon character, so that's not saying much. This is a time of circus politics.

There are no shortage of equally or, as a matter of fact, increasingly ridiculous descriptions, similarities and contrasts that could be applied to any number of Trump rallies, speeches, statements and declarations.

Beto doing something silly is fine because Trump isn't a respectable, eloquent, serious and stable genius.

There's way more that Beto would have to do before he deserves to receive half as much mockery as Trump.

I'll save the policy discussion for another thread, but there's plenty of objections to the wall on that front too.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
I just realized it - Beto is the left's Jeb Bush.

1. He's a "fake Hispanic". Jeb supported illegal immigration, did the SoCon rounds, and sold official Jeb Guacobowls and touted his guacamole recipe. Bob O'Rourke also supports illegal immigration, made up a Hispanic-sounding nickname for himself and uses tan-in-a-can.

2. They are the same neocon/neoliberal bullshit attists.

3. They both are an unending source of cringe with their political plays - Bob's skateboard, Jeb's tiny turtle, and now the media is "Please clap"ing Bob.

4. Not meant as an insult, but both of them seem to be on the autism spectrum (obviously high functioning) Similar awkward movements, speaking patterns and tones, unusual behaviors.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
Trump is president despite being a living cartoon character, so that's not saying much. This is a time of circus politics.

There are no shortage of equally or, as a matter of fact, increasingly ridiculous descriptions, similarities and contrasts that could be applied to any number of Trump rallies, speeches, statements and declarations.

Beto doing something silly is fine because Trump isn't a respectable, eloquent, serious and stable genius.

There's way more that Beto would have to do before he deserves to receive half as much mockery as Trump.

I'll save the policy discussion for another thread, but there's plenty of objections to the wall on that front too.
Trump isn't afraid to tell a joke. He was a major celebrity and cultural icon, beloved by many, before he went up against the media cartel and became president by being unabashedly trollish, willing to say outlandish things to force journalists to cover him despite themselves. He beat big media at their own game, and effectively stole the presidency from the establishments Chosen One.

So yeah, now you've had the media hating on trump full blast for years. According to them He's every word they can throw at him, and then some. Did you ever stop for a second and think maybe they hate him because he actually is anti establishment? Stop listening to the soundbites and start listening to him. You might not agree with him on everything , but that's fine. But at the end of the day he loves this country.

But he's more than willing to throw in a spelling mistake into a tweet on purpose just to trigger journalists. He's more than willing to make a politically incorrect joke. Journalists hate him because he's saying fuck you with every breath to them. But that does not make him wrong On Any Given topic, even though the journalists and Democratic Party seem to instantly decide any position he holds is pure evil and they must jump off a cliff to be the opposite.

Trump is a crass, bold, loudmouth New Yorker with an attitude that doesn't watch his mouth. Big deal. He also knows exactly what he's doing. I don't agree with him on everything, but I'm absolutely sure he puts America first. That's more than I can say for many politicians nowadays.

Edited to add: consider that you've now got Democrats like Pelosi claiming walls are somehow immoral. And even in the speech that Beto gave, he's now claiming "walls take lives". And Trump is the cartoon character? Nah. Sorry. He can be outlandish and buffoonish, sure, but that's his persona and that got him through the media gauntlet to the presidency. I can forgive him that. But I can't forgive identity politics, idiocy like the green New Deal, infanticide, and evil killer walls.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2013
I just realized it - Beto is the left's Jeb Bush.

1. He's a "fake Hispanic". Jeb supported illegal immigration, did the SoCon rounds, and sold official Jeb Guacobowls and touted his guacamole recipe. Bob O'Rourke also supports illegal immigration, made up a Hispanic-sounding nickname for himself and uses tan-in-a-can.

2. They are the same neocon/neoliberal bullshit attists.

3. They both are an unending source of cringe with their political plays - Bob's skateboard, Jeb's tiny turtle, and now the media is "Please clap"ing Bob.

4. Not meant as an insult, but both of them seem to be on the autism spectrum (obviously high functioning) Similar awkward movements, speaking patterns and tones, unusual behaviors.
Never forget:

Oct 9, 2013
Trump isn't afraid to tell a joke. He was a major celebrity and cultural icon, beloved by many, before he went up against the media cartel and became president by being unabashedly trollish, willing to say outlandish things to force journalists to cover him despite themselves. He beat big media at their own game, and effectively stole the presidency from the establishments Chosen One.

So yeah, now you've had the media hating on trump full blast for years. According to them He's every word they can throw at him, and then some. Did you ever stop for a second and think maybe they hate him because he actually is anti establishment? Stop listening to the soundbites and start listening to him. You might not agree with him on everything , but that's fine. But at the end of the day he loves this country.

But he's more than willing to throw in a spelling mistake into a tweet on purpose just to trigger journalists. He's more than willing to make a politically incorrect joke. Journalists hate him because he's saying fuck you with every breath to them. But that does not make him wrong On Any Given topic, even though the journalists and Democratic Party seem to instantly decide any position he holds is pure evil and they must jump off a cliff to be the opposite.

Trump is a crass, bold, loudmouth New Yorker with an attitude that doesn't watch his mouth. Big deal. He also knows exactly what he's doing. I don't agree with him on everything, but I'm absolutely sure he puts America first. That's more than I can say for many politicians nowadays.

Edited to add: consider that you've now got Democrats like Pelosi claiming walls are somehow immoral. And even in the speech that Beto gave, he's now claiming "walls take lives". And Trump is the cartoon character? Nah. Sorry. He can be outlandish and buffoonish, sure, but that's his persona and that got him through the media gauntlet to the presidency. I can forgive him that. But I can't forgive identity politics, idiocy like the green New Deal, infanticide, and evil killer walls.
Speaking of his troll game:

Apr 9, 2009
This struck me as a blatant attempt to cut into Trump's appeal to undecideds/independents.
The reason Beto held the counter-protest was because Trump falsely claimed that El Paso was violent before the border wall. He was our congressman for three terms and its his hometown. The actual sitting House rep, Veronica Escobar, attended as well.

*citizens afraid of drug dealers and criminals coming over from a narcostate*

FEAR TERROR

*politician gives speeches behind walls, lives in gated community with guards*

He needs it! He's important!
The border wall has virtually no effect on El Paso given its proximity and integration with Juarez. You could put up an impenetrable magical force field covering all areas of the border and El Paso would remain the same because the Mexican population comes to and from here at the crossings. The heroin problem here isn't any worse than most other places, and in fact it seems like the biggest communities affected by the opioid crisis are predominantly white. They are hooked on that stuff similar to blacks with crack in the 80s.

This graph doesn't take into account private insurers but it gives you a good idea of the regional concentration of America's most deadly drug problem. Alaska and Maine aren't exactly near Guadalajara.

Also you are not considering that according to Customs and Border Patrol, most drugs are actually smuggled into the country either via ports of entry or on ships. Think of it: if you were a drug smuggler, you can go through the desert or take your chances, or you can simply drive your car through a port of entry because its rush hour and nobody has time to bring out DeeDee the German Shepherd to sniff out every inch of every car. You ever been to an airport and been randomly selected for an extra screening? Thats what Border Patrol does because thats their only practical option.

He couldn't even beat Zodiac.
Trump also lost to Ted Cruz in Texas.

Oct 1, 2006
The reason Beto held the counter-protest was because Trump falsely claimed that El Paso was violent before the border wall. He was our congressman for three terms and its his hometown. The actual sitting House rep, Veronica Escobar, attended as well.

The border wall has virtually no effect on El Paso given its proximity and integration with Juarez. You could put up an impenetrable magical force field covering all areas of the border and El Paso would remain the same because the Mexican population comes to and from here at the crossings. The heroin problem here isn't any worse than most other places, and in fact it seems like the biggest communities affected by the opioid crisis are predominantly white. They are hooked on that stuff similar to blacks with crack in the 80s.

This graph doesn't take into account private insurers but it gives you a good idea of the regional concentration of America's most deadly drug problem. Alaska and Maine aren't exactly near Guadalajara.

Also you are not considering that according to Customs and Border Patrol, most drugs are actually smuggled into the country either via ports of entry or on ships. Think of it: if you were a drug smuggler, you can go through the desert or take your chances, or you can simply drive your car through a port of entry because its rush hour and nobody has time to bring out DeeDee the German Shepherd to sniff out every inch of every car. You ever been to an airport and been randomly selected for an extra screening? Thats what Border Patrol does because thats their only practical option.

Trump also lost to Ted Cruz in Texas.
What does that have to do with cartel violence crossing the border? The opioid issue isn't a traditional drug issue - the addictions were caused by doctors over-prescribing opioids, and by genetic predisposition to opioid addiction in a lot of these areas. Unlike what comes up from Mexico, it is driven locally. People go doctor shopping, break in to steal drugs, etc. They don't generally kidnap and skin people alive just to send a message, like the cartels do.

Apr 9, 2009
What does that have to do with cartel violence crossing the border? The opioid issue isn't a traditional drug issue - the addictions were caused by doctors over-prescribing opioids, and by genetic predisposition to opioid addiction in a lot of these areas. Unlike what comes up from Mexico, it is driven locally. People go doctor shopping, break in to steal drugs, etc. They don't generally kidnap and skin people alive just to send a message, like the cartels do.
Opioid deaths are directly correlated to the prevalence of fentanyl laced in heroin and other illicit drugs. Their addiction begins from overperscription, and after the medication runs out they seek heroin or meth to get their fix continuously. Many of the drugs that people buy up north largely come from south of the border.

You can see the upshoot after 2013, overtaking prescription painkillers.

Feb 25, 2017
Opioid deaths are directly correlated to the prevalence of fentanyl laced in heroin and other illicit drugs. Their addiction begins from overperscription, and after the medication runs out they seek heroin or meth to get their fix continuously. Many of the drugs that people buy up north largely come from south of the border.

You can see the upshoot after 2013, overtaking prescription painkillers.
Are you suggesting crackheads offer nothing to society? Shouldn't we value and include crackheads? I mean just look at their many accomplishments.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Would have been easier to throw out a tweet or two, would have reached more people, too.

May 12, 2007
Texaa
Beto is simply a product of the left's fantasy that they would flip Texas blue in 2018. They want it to happen so bad, that they lionize any candidate that says progressive things and then fund the campaign way beyond what the candidate can raise in state.

Anyone remember national darling Wendy Davis? Beto is just the current iteration of that.

Also, Cruz was a strong candidate in 2016 but weak in 2018. He went after Trump hard in the primary and Trump destroyed him. Trump's popularity among Republican voters has only grown in Texas, and because of Cruz's attacks during the presidential election Cruz has lost his outsider status and is now seen as just another establishment senator.

It is Trump's party now, and all of his intraparty rivals are discredited, at least with the base. Trump may have very well saved Cruz by holding that rally with him.