• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. Universal made a movie about elite liberals hunting down and slaughtering Trump supporters

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018

"At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

My core hurts from the cringing.

Wonder why liberals and hollywood get a pass on glorifying gun violence, especially politically motivated?

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
This movie has been made multiple times. I think making it overtly political is tacky, and a dumb call as it will likely turn off tons of people from watching the movie.

But usually in these stories, the person being hunted is the hero and ends up killing everyone else. In this case, if the story synopsis is true, the "deplorable" is the hero.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Like @Miku Miku said, this genre usually ends with the hunted becoming the hunter and turning the tables. Also, it appears to follow the other similar genre traits where the hunters are total douche bags. This is my kind of popcorn flick.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Like @Miku Miku said, this genre usually ends with the hunted becoming the hunter and turning the tables. Also, it appears to follow the other similar genre traits where the hunters are total douche bags. This is my kind of popcorn flick.
It is also a Blumhouse film, and it would be odd for them to spoil the whole plot in the trailers, like perceived so far.

Maybe there is a Black Mirror like twist where you root in the beginning, only to stupefied by a twist.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Sounds like the Purge, but instead of the Trump supporter/Right Wingers hunting and killing innocents and the poor, its the elite leftist killing the Trump/right-wingers.

I think this movie was maybe a little to on the nose. The Purge didn't go this far (maybe the sequels did) but still had its message. This so far seems like its outright saying kill Trump supporters.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
also there is a nazi comedy movie coming out later this year. the guy who makes marvel kids movies dressing up as comedy Hitler. yet these sane tone deaf idiots complain about dangerous rhetoric. rules for thee but not for me.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009

Glad that they delayed this movie's release in the wake of the DC sniper attacks. If they had let this violent movie be released on time, there would've been future deranged murderers killing people in random public places with firearms.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
i keep seeing "Trump wants to exterminate people" "he literally wants us dead" but i have never heard him say this ever. "Trump supporters want us dead" i see. i know a number of Trump supporters, genocide has never come up, not as a humorous suggestion (like wonderful online leftists) and not as anything other than something we should fight as the world's cops. rather, i keep seeing open fantasies from the left about dunking on MAGA people, about "not letting them live in peace" an encouraging Antifa and people harassing Mitch McConnell. i see the Kathy Griffin severed head thing. i see this bullshit, a literal fantasy of gunning down other Americans. i see Antifa jackasses wearing masks and beating people in public, basically behaving like the KKK, and this being celebrated and promoted by the media.

i can't believe this was even made. very irresponsible. moreso than any tweet Trump writes. then again this is capitalism. they love exploiting tenuous political situations for profit. i guess if they want to continue profiting from the specter of white supremacy, they need to project that into the world, so they need to get more and more extreme. cutting off Trump's head and holding it up isn't extreme enough. we have to pretend to hunt down his voters. maybe this will inspire some copycats, people either responding positively or negatively. in that case i'm sure the same people will be blaming Trump for his tweets or rallies and celebrating another profitable year for blockbusters.

politicians are right in a way, it is our culture leading to all the mass violence, but they are wrong about it being mostly videogames.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonirenicus

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
i keep seeing "Trump wants to exterminate people" "he literally wants us dead" but i have never heard him say this ever. "Trump supporters want us dead" i see. i know a number of Trump supporters, genocide has never come up, not as a humorous suggestion (like wonderful online leftists) and not as anything other than something we should fight as the world's cops. rather, i keep seeing open fantasies from the left about dunking on MAGA people, about "not letting them live in peace" an encouraging Antifa and people harassing Mitch McConnell. i see the Kathy Griffin severed head thing. i see this bullshit, a literal fantasy of gunning down other Americans. i see Antifa jackasses wearing masks and beating people in public, basically behaving like the KKK, and this being celebrated and promoted by the media.
Propaganda and feeble impressionable minds makes for a perfect chemical cocktail of regressive rhetoric to be repeated.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019

i can't believe this was even made. very irresponsible. moreso than any tweet Trump writes. then again this is capitalism. they love exploiting tenuous political situations for profit. i guess if they want to continue profiting from the specter of white supremacy, they need to project that into the world, so they need to get more and more extreme. cutting off Trump's head and holding it up isn't extreme enough. we have to pretend to hunt down his voters. maybe this will inspire some copycats, people either responding positively or negatively. in that case i'm sure the same people will be blaming Trump for his tweets or rallies and celebrating another profitable year for blockbusters.

politicians are right in a way, it is our culture leading to all the mass violence, but they are wrong about it being mostly videogames.
Hmmm but at least some Trump supporters have already targeted and killed people specifically for racist or similar reasons like that guy in El Paso or the guy in Charlottenburg. On the contrary I haven't seen any antifa dude target plus kill white people or Trump supporters yet (the guy in Dayton didn't target Trump supporters specifically or white people as far as we know). So right now, rightwingers seem to me more extreme and dangerous ideologically, specially if we consider the right in general we have some of the worst mass murderers in recent times like Breivik and that guy in New Zealand.

• Triggered

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
This movie will end up being hilarious, intentional or not. Why rag on it? Hollywood has never been honest or upstanding. Hollywood has often made propaganda films that prop up certain ideologies/cultural movements while tastelessly mischaracterizing their opponents.

Think of the comedy potential here. Think of the GIFable scenes. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
I actually find this funny as in reality any war started by the left, would be against a superior opponent.

The fringe has to loud of a voice right now, and it could lead to an event that would be disastrous. I'm hopeful this "spell" dissipates soon, and rational thought returns, so the overwhelming majority of normal non-zealots in the middle, dont have to do the fighting for the idiots on the far end of either spectrum.

Reactions: bucyou

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Hmmm but at least some Trump supporters have already targeted and killed people specifically for racist or similar reasons like that guy in El Paso or the guy in Charlottenburg. On the contrary I haven't seen any antifa dude target plus kill white people or Trump supporters yet (the guy in Dayton didn't target Trump supporters specifically or white people as far as we know). So right now, rightwingers seem to me more extreme and dangerous ideologically, specially if we consider the right in general we have some of the worst mass murderers in recent times like Breivik and that guy in New Zealand.
😂😂😂

"The left doesn't commit acts of violence or kill people....except that guy from a few days ago. He doesn't count becuase....reasons."

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
😂😂😂

"The left doesn't commit acts of violence or kill people....except that guy from a few days ago. He doesn't count becuase....reasons."
I'm not saying they don't commit acts of violence but in numbers and impact they are falling behind from the right currently. Also the ideological reasons, the antifa guy apparently wasn't making a political statement, he was a sort of satanist and wanted to hunt humans or some shit. While Breivik, the NZ guy and the Charlottensburg guy were all making political statements from clear rightwing positions.

Whataburger

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018

My core hurts from the cringing.

Wonder why liberals and hollywood get a pass on glorifying gun violence, especially politically motivated?

You know the good guys are the Reps right? Dems are evil in this.

Reactions: finowns

finowns

May 10, 2009
I'm not saying they don't commit acts of violence but in numbers and impact they are falling behind from the right currently. Also the ideological reasons, the antifa guy apparently wasn't making a political statement, he was a sort of satanist and wanted to hunt humans or some shit. While Breivik, the NZ guy and the Charlottensburg guy were all making political statements from clear rightwing positions.
If we go down this road should we figure in the political leanings of those who commit crime or those who are in prison and draw some conclusions.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
If we go down this road should we figure in the political leanings if those who commit crime or those who are in prison and draw some conclusions.
What I posted was in response to this quote from other user:

""Trump supporters want us dead" i see. i know a number of Trump supporters, genocide has never come up, not as a humorous suggestion (like wonderful online leftists) and not as anything other than something we should fight as the world's cops. rather, i keep seeing open fantasies from the left about dunking on MAGA people"

This is clearly distorted because of two reasons:

1. There has been several homicidal maniacs who have openly said they support Trump and have used political rightwing points to justify their acts.
2. On the other hand, even though the left has been pretty vocal against MAGA people and white people, none of the homicidal maniacs, as far as I can remember, have used an open political statement against Trump supporters or white people to justify an attack and murder people.

So, even though both sides have violent rhetoric and people, it seems one side right now (rightwing) has had the more extreme and willing to actually perpetrate acts from their members. Now the one in the left that comes closer was the guy who attacked the ICE center because it was a clear political statement from leftwing rhetoric but he got killed before killing anyone thankfully.

So yeah there are violent people on both sides but to pretend that the right are the good guys here when they have been much more murderous lately is nonsense.

Eiknarf

Mar 25, 2019
Can you imagine the breathless outrage if conservatives made a film about hunting down cry baby liberals in a “satire that explores important contemporary issue”? Fucking ridiculous

Fuck these people. I can't wait to see them go into full autistic rage when trump wins again. I am more excited to vote against the left now than I ever was before

mayl3

Jan 17, 2014
Aren’t they the good guys in this. The users on ERA are upset about this too so now I def have to watch the actual movie before making judgment.

Reactions: whitehawk115

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011

What kind of victim Olympics are people playing where they can watch that trailer and think that it's about attacking Republicans? Because a few people mentioned they are from Southern states I guess? These political parties are fucking awful. It's a "Surviving the Game" remake from what I can tell. Which is more of a story about class than political parties, which is what The Hunt seems to be retelling but with 100% less Ice-T which means a hard no from me. Holy fuck...that makes me think about if Surviving the Game was released in these times....People would riot.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
This movie will end up being hilarious, intentional or not. Why rag on it? Hollywood has never been honest or upstanding. Hollywood has often made propaganda films that prop up certain ideologies/cultural movements while tastelessly mischaracterizing their opponents.

Think of the comedy potential here. Think of the GIFable scenes. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
For sure.

Given the cheesy TV adverts, it's already promoted as a parody. Comedy/action movie. It'll be like a Quentin Tarantino movie. One part bloody, one part comedy lines every 5 minutes.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018

• NBC Universal is still pushing ahead with plans to release the movie The Hunt
  • Movie is about liberal elites kidnapping and hunting MAGA types for sport in the upcoming political satire
  • Some networks have already pulled trailers due to air over the weekend and will not be airing any promos leading up to the film's release
  • Several studios refused to buy the film because of its controversial plot

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
i still dont get how this is specifically a liberals vs trump supporters movie?

seems like its more just 1% vs. average person
Me neither.

It's more of a rich vs. avg joe movie.

And rich people can be liberals just as much as conservatives. Typically famous celebrities, athletes, and uber rich billionaires are all liberal. While less rich millionaire/exec level business people are stereotyped as suit and tie republicans.

The script can have the rich people running the game be a famous rapper and his athlete buddy who are all millionaires. But doubtful. It'll like be uptight white country club guys.

Oct 26, 2018
  • NBC Universal is still pushing ahead with plans to release the movie The Hunt
  • Movie is about liberal elites kidnapping and hunting MAGA types for sport in the upcoming political satire
  • Some networks have already pulled trailers due to air over the weekend and will not be airing any promos leading up to the film's release
  • Several studios refused to buy the film because of its controversial plot
Interesting. So it is about rich liberals trying to kill off right wings.

No wonder some companies are pulling the ads or balked at the script. Babies.

Now if it was the usual "rich evil right wing white dude" trying to kill off happy go lucky people (like just about every other film), I'm sure it would be green lit no problem from all.

Last edited: