• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. Universal made a movie about elite liberals hunting down and slaughtering Trump supporters

ssolitare

Banned
Jan 12, 2009
Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.
Recycled movie plot with a female swap is what I got out of this, so far.

Skyr

Sep 4, 2013
Didn’t Hillary Swank win 2 two oscars?
Must have been a few slow years for her if she’s starring in c-tier movies now.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Why don't they just do a digital-only thing like Sony did with The Interview? Surprised they would've invested so much time and money into production only to backpedal on it.

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
The publicity for this movie are what dreams are made off. Hottest property in Hollywood, but how will they monetise it.

Looking forward to seeing it one day. I’m a sucker for B grade schlock.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
People forget it’s a Blumhouse productions, and very rarely if ever, do they give out the entire plot in the trailers and there’s always a twist from what you assume.

I honestly would be shocked if it’s everything we thought it was from the trailer.

Probably some Black Mirror twist like White Bear.

TheGreatYosh

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2018
Trump supporters are almost as big of pussies as the left. I was looking forward to watching this.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
LOL I'd totally see it since it's so obviously far out fiction. I mean, who are they kidding? Elite Liberals don't have guns. They just bitch about how awful guns are while their armed guards watch their backs.

CausticVenom

Apr 27, 2018
Curse those liberals for making liberals the bad guys.
You don't know that, though. They could be painted as the good guys. Either way, this is propaganda, and the producers are crazy because it's like their personal fantasies being displayed on film. People have every right to be disgusted.

TheGreatYosh

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2018
LOL I'd totally see it since it's so obviously far out fiction. I mean, who are they kidding? Elite Liberals don't have guns. They just bitch about how awful guns are while their armed guards watch their backs.
That's what I was saying to someone. They would pay to have other people do the hunting.

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Words matter, except when we add moving pictures to the words that depict the murder of anyone who voted against out preferred candidate(s).

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah I found that the trailer is almost positive towards the "deplorable". The secret cabal seems very close to the UN. But whatever.

dionysus

Yaldog
May 12, 2007
Texaa
So did Conservatives actually try to "cancel" the film or was it more just pointing it out?

I support people on the right getting more involved in the culture and criticizing aspects of it. I don't support cancel culture which I mostly attribute to the online left.

There is a big difference between criticizing a movie vs. doxxing the people involved to try to get them shunned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesseract

Jonirenicus

Jun 23, 2019
So did Conservatives actually try to "cancel" the film or was it more just pointing it out?

I support people on the right getting more involved in the culture and criticizing aspects of it. I don't support cancel culture which I mostly attribute to the online left.

There is a big difference between criticizing a movie vs. doxxing the people involved to try to get them shunned.
I think most people just called it tacky and laughed at it