• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Vita+PS4 works as advertised, thoughts?

alterno69

Banned
So, it seems remote play pn Vita + PS4 is really smooth and almost lag free, is this a big deal to you?

I think this could become a mayor bulletpoint in favor of the Sony ecosystem, this feature has always been what intrigued me the most on the WiiU.

According to Sony implementing it is fairly easy, the fact that basically every launch game supports it is pretty telling IMO, i will get a bita soon agter seeing the videos of BF playing on it.

rich7sena

Banned
It really doesn't do anything for me, to be honest. I don't ever planning on investing in a Vita and I can't imagine how it would add to my gaming experience. However, I can see how it would be a great feature for those who already have a Vita.

It is why I bought the Vita the moment it hit 200$.

I can't wait to go to work and see how well it works. I have a very strong wifi connection at home, and a very strong work connection.

Slower titles like adventure games or RPG's could still be very playable even with lag.

CmdBash

how much lag is there? I'm from australia so I'm used to dealing with around 100-200ms lag over the internet anyway.

Squire

Banned
Does it work as advertised? Because if I can't take it to my school and play through their wi-fi (which is top of the line) with little lag, than I don't think it does.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
As someone who just got a Panasonic 65" VT60 and pretty sexy sound system, it's not something I care about deeply...

...but I stills ordered a Vita.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Plan on using this a lot whenever they release the Vita 2000 here. Every video I've seen has been really impressive

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Taken from the other thread, the two IGN dudes said :

*Doesn't like BF much due to latency, visually looks great
*Likes NFS - mentions stutters, nice visuals [Doesn't mention the local MP/2 screens tweet]

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's a neat feature and I'm glad it exists for those who plan to use it.

For me, it doesn't change much. The wii u has shown me that I never have any use for things like it, if I'm in my house I'm going to play it on the big screen.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Gemüsepizza;89483215 said:
There is no such thing as "lag free". Your TV screen is not lag free. Your computer monitor is not lag free. Remote play is not lag free.

Please, you understand exactly what he is saying, stop trying so hard.

Chucker

I notice 0 lag on my Wii U.

Look harder. If I am not sitting right in the same room as my Wii U I'll see some lag. Not enough to bother me, but lets not kid ourselves here.

Bought my Vita before this was all announced, stoked to have an added feature for my PS4.

IGN just mentioned "stuttering" in NFS and "latency issues" playing BF4 via remote play.

this is disappointing.

they clarified on twitter saying the type of network they were connected to was unstable, but if someone does it on a home network it could be drastically different.

I mean, what do you expect? Wifi is only so good. The WiiU tablet has this issue as well.

I'm INSANELY hyped for this feature. Killer app of the ps4 for me.

Wii u has zero latency and lag issues (playing with range)

impressions of remote play have been disappointing and they, from what i can tell, were right next to the console/network.

f0lken

This is the main reason I bought a used vita, to go with my pre ordered PS4 :D But all videos I have watched are from the same network, is there one that shows remote play on the street or similar?

Ephemeris

I own a vita.
Getting a PS4.

Not sure if I love RPlay more than the streaming stuff; both of them are gonna get a ton of usage this gen.

We still don't know it works as advertised until it gets to the masses on release date, I'd say. It might be working reasonably well in controlled circumstances for press review situations where it's perfectly configured, but if it's difficult to set up or requires extremely perfect circumstances to get a virtually lag free experience then I can't imagine it being too successful.

I mean, what do you expect? Wifi is only so good. The WiiU tablet has this issue as well.

I'm INSANELY hyped for this feature. Killer app of the ps4 for me.

It does not. It also doesn't use wi-fi if that's what you were implying.

And it's not a tablet :/

GrizzNKev

Banned
Everyone is leaving out that they were playing in sub-optimal network conditions. We don't know if they were connected using a router or directly to the PS4.

spliced

How do you know it works as advertised it's not even out yet.

Vita ergonomics aren't great plus the screen is kinda small, I'd probably rather just play with a proper controller.

MonaKyshu

Banned
not really for me, not only is the cost of the VITA quite the barrier, but these devices break down fast enough as it is without having 2 of them running at once, but thats the pessimist in me.

they clarified on twitter saying the type of network they were connected to was unstable, but if someone does it on a home network it could be drastically different.

hopefully true. its extremely disappointing that the connection is not direct between the vita and the ps4, instead through a router. is a direct connection possible at all? Ala wii u? maybe via an update?

if its through a router there are going to be a lot of factors then. instead of just worrying about how close you are to the console whilst on the vita.

Top Bottom