• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So was a PS5 worth getting for just Demon's Soul?

Put my PS5 away for Christmas, it’s still in the shipping box from Target, and have no interest whatsoever in Demon’s Souls, going to be buying Ghost of Tsushima and having another attempt to get into God of War I think.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
I've been playing PS4s version of Warzone on my PS5 and it's worth it for me. I'll let you know about Demon Souls if i ever get around to it during launch window.

Puncheur

Absolutely! Astro's Playroom has had me smiling like no video game before. It's just a pure joyfully nostalgia fest that just oozes love for the brand and the memories. Worth it for that alone. Now stuck into Demon Souls and just as bad at it now as I was 10 years ago but i can't stop playing... it's one of those games that has me dreaming about it in my sleep.
Had a great time so far despite the occasional crash. The controller is amazing and the leap over the PS4 is really noticeable.
Cyberpunk was going to be the other game to complete my purchases, thinking of picking up the Spiderman game in its absence.
10/10 from me.

Rolla

Banned
Activity cards is a game changer
DualSense is a game changer
The silence of the console means I can go back to late night gaming without waking the house with the jet engine PS4 Pro which for me, is a game changer
The visual Fidelity, increased and stable frames...

Worth every penny so far. Justified my constant refreshing until I was able to secure the damn thing.

Last edited:

Rubik8

Since I like Souls games, yes. But I’m also enjoying other titles too. I think I’d still be happy if I’d only gotten DS.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
what does jusy mean?

at any rate, it was totally worth it for Demon's Souls, Astro's Playroom, and having a machine that will play any Playstation game released in the next 7 years.

also i got Maneater, which has a free PS4->PS5 upgrade. 4k shark carnage with ray tracing!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Depends on your tastes I guess.

If you like spider-man and never played Demon's Souls of course, why not?
But if you don't find marvel things appealing and already played Demon's Souls... Maybe not.

I use mine constantly. Demon Souls and as a fighting game player the Ultiamte MK11 update for ps5 has been amazing. No load times are the future. Havent put the game down.

Playing some old games I already own with better frame rates too. (I havent upgraded my PC in 7 years so worth it alone for that lol)

johntown

Banned
Realistically no. Paying $500, plus digital deluxe, plus PS Plus to fully enjoy one game is not worth it.

However, I got it for more than that. A 4K blu Ray player, the ability to play PS4 titles at higher framerates and resolution and the other exclusive games that will be coming plus all the other PS4 exclusives I passed on because I didn’t want to play them on a base PS4.

So with all that yeah worth it for me.

Hoping for a 60fps Bloodborne patch. That alone with Demons Souls is worth it too.

quest

Not Banned from OT
If you're in the souls cult yes it is. I don't see anything wrong buying a console for 1 game. You should go for it.

Fbh

Haven't got a Ps5 but I've never bought a console for one game

If I could afford one (and the local price wasn't crazy) I'd totally get one. A console purchase isn't generally something you do for 1 big launch game, it's something you buy to be used for several years to come.
Right now if you own a Ps5 you have Demon Souls which sounds great but you also have access to (almost) all Ps4 games, several of which are enhances and just simply better on Ps5, as well as the better version (compared to Ps5) of all upcoming third party games and more cool exclusives coming in the future.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Demon Souls isn’t talked about outside of the internet I think it’s a good game no offense to Demon Souls but it’s an obscure hard game for a reason just saying

MrMephistoX

No but to play stuff I hadn’t beaten with better performance has been great. I’m just about done with FFVII Remake and haven’t played Last of US II yet which look better than launch titles imho.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
There’s more to the launch than one game.

IIpNyem.gif

Arthimura

Yes, Demon's Souls is my favorite PS3 game and Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are my favorite Soulsborne games.

But i didn't got a PS5 only for Demon's Souls, i got Miles Morales too, and i will probably get Sackboy when i finish these two games.

And i can enjoy performance boost and faster OS to play the PS4 games i didn't finish yet.

Last edited:
I havent owned a PS console since PS1. I got a PS5 because I wanted a next gen experience on launch and Miles Morales looked to be that. Miles Morales has lived up to my hype, but I think Im more blown away by PS4 exclusives I never played like LOU2, GOT, SOTC, Days Gone, GOW and others. THese games enhanced on PS5 feel like next gen experiences and are incredible. I decided to wait on Demon Souls because of how much gaming I have to catch up on with playstation. This is the first gen where owning both systems makes sense.

RPSleon

Put my PS5 away for Christmas, it’s still in the shipping box from Target, and have no interest whatsoever in Demon’s Souls, going to be buying Ghost of Tsushima and having another attempt to get into God of War I think.
Thats a long time to wait to find out the driver swapped it out for a toaster.

RPSleon

Ive not got it yet. Been playing spiderman. Downloading control ultimate edition as its cheap on the store atm, waiting for that upgrade next year.

Also been enjoying finishing days gone at a smooth framerate.

Its honestly better even just to enjoy the ps4 games that used to struggle. Its like a ps4PROpro in that regard. 😂

_Justinian_

Gold Member
People in the thread talking about how incredible games look on the PS5, yet never actually played these games before, let alone on the PS4 pro. So how do you know whether they have actually been upgraded or if Sony is just blowing smoke up your ass?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
People in the thread talking about how incredible games look on the PS5, yet never actually played these games before, let alone on the PS4 pro. So how do you know whether they have actually been upgraded or if Sony is just blowing smoke up your ass?

I’ve played and finished DeS on PS3 and on Ps5 it feels like a completely different, new game just because it’s visually and aurally so fucking amazing.

Codes 208

Personally? Yes. But also just having a platform to play some of the PS4 games I missed out on is awesome. Plus the (current) best platform performance really adds to its value.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
It is one of the best games this year in my opinion. I just beat it after 35 hours. If the only interest in the PS5 is this one game I would not recommend it though. It's hard to recommend a console purchase for a single game.

Top Bottom