• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So we lost our case, we're completely fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is goodbye.

My parents lost a very important case regarding a car accident that completely destroyed our sad existence.

I have been through so much in my life, I don't think I can take this. I think I am done.

Nothing matters, justice doesn't matter and God laughs at my misfortune or clearly hates me.

My life has been a series of terrible things, I survived attempted rape at the age of 12.

I spent the entirety of my school years trying not to get beaten into unconsciousness, protecting others, and eating a shit sandwich every goddamn day.

People would always tell me it would get better but it never did. I can't even remember a time when I was actually happy. I've been miserable and sick my whole life.

These days I am so miserable and sick, I wonder what the point of living really is, if there is any point to finishing my novel because it most likely won't even improve my life.

So I leave novels behind, what then? What the fuck then? The world won't change and people won't magically give a fuck about my life or the lives of people like me.

It's winter and my family is going to be homeless soon, I am going to have to sell all my things.

The things that keep me alive, that make me not want to kill myself every fucking day.

So I guess goodbye, it's been nice knowing you guys.

Oh and God, if you get internet in Heaven, I am going to personally slap you multiple times in the face with my seven inch average-above average dick then skull fuck you for a few years because why not.

Then, then I am going to have a nice long discussion with your corpse, because I'd rather keep the realism of you not talking ever. Because nothing you say will ever, ever, ever make up for this sorry excuse of a petri dish you call life.

Sheroking

Please don't.

If you hurt yourself, you'll only be making things a million times worse for your family and erasing what WILL be better days for you all.

SpaceWolf

Banned
OP, rest assured that we're here for you mate and that we care about your well being. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. Things will seem better in time.

I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you, but there is always something/someone.

Try to hold on, I know it can be tough.

Talk to GAF, we are here for you.

We are all here for you. Don't give up - I've been at that point too, and then one day, truly out of nowhere, things got better. I sometimes can't believe I was on that edge and would have possibly never seen or experienced the things I have in the last few years.

I know it is cliche and you mention you've been told this, but it really will get better. Please believe me, as it is coming from someone that was also sexually abused when very young and bullied throughout middle and high school excessively.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dude, GAF is here for you when you really need it. It often seems like just jokes but there's hundreds of genuinely good and helpful people on here.

So no, don't give up. Let's try to get you out of this cycle of misfortune.

What about setting up a GoFundMe, OP? Lots of people do it after horrible situations and I'm sure you could get some people to help you out. You say your family will be homeless. No relatives or friends to stay with? Anyone close to you? My family lost our house and we had to separate will my mom going to her sister's and the rest of us at my uncle's (for various reasons but this is about you).

And this:
if there is any point to finishing my novel because it most likely won't even improve my life.
could very well change your life. What is it about? For all you know, you could be writing the next big thing and it all will change for the better.

Someone cares about you, OP. We here at GAF and I'm sure others close to you as well. Please don't do anything and deny people a chance to know you.

Media

Please, if you need to talk there are people here who are willing. Gaf can help, there are holiness that can help. You will survive this. If you take your life it will add to the tragedy your family is already going through.

I'm a survivor too, so again, please, if you need to talk, pm me.

Samimista

We've never spoke before, but just know I'm always here if you ever want to talk to someone. Before I officially joined GAF, I always loved to read your posts in the Metal Gear community.

That said, please don't give up. We're all here for you and I hope to someday read your novels.

MIMIC

Banned
Please don't do whatever you're planning on doing. For one thing, no matter how shitty life is, you still have your family. And even then, there are complete strangers that still care about you. There are people you can talk to that can help you with not only your current situation, but how you're feeling about it. Just please don't give up. Call 1-800-273-8255 (like others have mentioned). We do care about you and your well-being, OP.

Glass

Think of your parents and family. Sounds like you've all been through more then any one person or family should, but please think about them, they wouldn't want this.

Edit: In terms of funding, I know it's nothing anyone ever wants to resort to, but there are sites where you can set up a page and receive donations. I know in a just world you shouldn't have to, but its better then any alternative you are thinking about right now. Maybe it will help, or maybe it's not for you, but I hope it shows there are avenues to explore.

No, this isn't goodbye, mate! Talk to us! What case? Maybe someone here can help! Also, there are professionals out there who can definitely help you dealing with all that. You have every right to be angry at life, I mean, I would be too. Actually, there were some rough patches earlier in life when I would feel a bit like you do right now. And it's OK if you're feeling tired from all this crap that's been thrown your way. But guess what: you don't have to face it by yourself. This is a community, talk to us!

Please keep you and your 7 inch dick with us.

Tell us what happened. What case?

Basically, what happened is my mom and I were rear ended in 2013, I couldn't walk for almost a year after that, I had to do physical therapy for 5 months to get back to be able to walk. That isn't even adding into the scenario, the fact that I have PTSD from the accident. The case has basically been stuck for 3 years, until the last few days when we finally went to court.

My mom had to get wrist surgery on her right wrist. She also is scared to drive.

Basically, the kid lied through his teeth, said that I was agressive and said a bunch of things I didn't say. They used a police report to defend their bullshit from a Police officer that wasn't even there at the accident, at all.

Not to mention the kid tried to leave the scene of the accident, was clearly intoxicated, and admitted to texting and driving, and they swept all that under during the trial.

Goddamn it makes me so fucking angry, the government, everything.

So much Goddamn bullshit I swear my novels are gonna put Humanity and God on blast.

Call a hotline, and maybe try to adjust your mentality from that of a cosmic force beating down on you, that can weigh down on people a lot.

Um, whoa. This is some heavy stuff.

First off - what exactly happened with this accident?

Second - sorry for all the shitty stuff in your life.

acohrs

Don't you dare give up OP, I won't let you! Your family needs you more than ever now, do you want to leave them with this case and you gone? You've gone through so much already, don't let it have been for nothing, you're better than that, you're a survivor your whole life, why give God the pleasure of seeing you sooner than making him wait in fear even longer for his eventual arse whooping!

hampig

Things wont always be easy OP, and they don't always just get easier on their own. Before you do anything permanent, I urge you to just try to make a change in how you live your life.

I was in your shoes a few years ago, and today I'm loving my life. Most of it anyways. It really does just take one change, one day, one moment. It can be sudden, but you'll never get to it if you don't hold on and try.

Edit: To further my case, when I was barely scraping by same as you, some jerk-ass ran a red light and totaled my car. He drove away and I never got a dime from him. I was afraid to drive or ride in a car for years. It still makes me anxious when others drive. I haven't forgiven that massive asshole, but I never think about it anymore. I've moved past it, I've more than made up for what I lost, and I only did so because I focused on moving forward instead of hating the past or the present. It's ok to be frustrated or feel bad, take your time, but you can move forward.

Lebon14

I'd buy your book OP if it can make you smile.

Call 1-800-273-8255 if you're in the US.

1-800-273-8255

Call them. They are here to help.

Call this number now 1-800-273-8255

This!
If you think that suicide is the easy way out, you'll just transfer that same but even greater pain to your family. Don't give up and call that suicide line. Talk to them as long as you need. They're there for that; they'll hear you out.

pablito

Pretty ridiculous your case went that way. It's a no fucking brainer. I don't understand it. So sorry to hear that.

Basically, what happened is my mom and I were rear ended in 2013, I couldn't walk for almost a year after that, I had to do physical therapy for 5 months to get back to be able to walk. That isn't even adding into the scenario, the fact that I have PTSD from the accident. The case has basically been stuck for 3 years, until the last few days when we finally went to court.

My mom had to get wrist surgery on her right wrist. She also is scared to drive.

Basically, the kid lied through his teeth, said that I was agressive and said a bunch of things I didn't say. They used a police report to defend their bullshit from a Police officer that wasn't even there at the accident, at all.

Not to mention the kid tried to leave the scene of the accident, was clearly intoxicated, and admitted to texting and driving, and they swept all that under during the trial.

Goddamn it makes me so fucking angry, the government, everything]

So much Goddamn bullshit I swear my novels are gonna put Humanity and God on blast.
Yes. Just please be sure you are still here to write them.

Gin-Shiio

I'd love to read your novel one day, OP. You owe it to yourself to finish what you started. You might even find new perspective along the way.

Media

The justice system is fucked up and broken. I'm so sorry man. But you will survive this. You've made it raises far. Don't let that fucker win by ending your life. There's still so much good you have to do. You can do this, I promise.

Lebon14

HOLY SHIT.
I'd appeal the fuck out of it. Evidence forgery and lying to court are serious crimes in themselves!

you're talking about ending it all while i'd be looking at vigilante justice (but i can be a terrible person). hang in there OP

Violet_0

Banned
we lost a Gaffer recently because of what seemed like a solvable situation, but they sadly didn't see it that way. Stick around, see what can be done, be pro-active, talk to fellow Gaffers or people you trust. Don't just give up

Stepped away for a bit to have a smoke.

I'm still pissed, angry, upset, talking on the help line didn't do anything.

I'm gonna finish my novels because clearly it's what I'm meant to do.

Law-GAF, where you at? there has to be a way to appeal this. The ruling doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, you know how to write novels? I've wanted to write a novel, but I've never been able to get one going. The most I did was 2 or 3 chapters. How many pages do you have? Your experiences are valuable and can resonate with a TON of people here and around the world, although it may not feel like it, I think you know that there are hundreds of thousands of people who are in a similar situation to you. The kind of anger and pain you have can translate into beautiful art that will bring people together. Don't abandon this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom