• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what’s great in your life today?

guggnichso

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I am now past 40. My wife will be 39 this year. We’re both academics in Germany, so we had to do quite a lot of shit to be in somehow secure positions in our field of work. I managed that, my wife didn’t yet. Lately we decided to fuck that shit, because we both want to have children and time was running out, so my wife quit the pill.

We heard a lot of stuff from couples our age how long it took to get pregnant, and we were preparing for quite some tries...

Now I after my wife quit the pill, 5 weeks ago, she’s pregnant. Ok course, we both know it’s quite likely that a first pregnancy fails, especially at our age, and we have to wait for three months and have to check for trisomy 21 and shit (we will abort the pregnancy if there’s anything wrong), I‘m fucking happy.

I want to be a dad, and even if we’re quite old to become parents, I’m looking very much forward to doing so. I‘m just really really happy right now.

So, what puts a smile on your face today? Let’s have a happy go lucky thread about some good things in life, and PLEASE KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF IT.

nice! congrats!

were going to find out if my wifes pregnant with our 2nd tonight!

its also friday.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm just happy to be alive.

Last week I had a mild heart attack. This week I'm still alive, and I'm grateful for that.

guggnichso

Banned

Last week I had a mild heart attack. This week I'm still alive, and I'm grateful for that.

Grateful for you to still be here, even if I don’t know you! Is there something you can personally do to reduce the likelihood of this happening again?

Catphish

My kid.

Little biscuit. She's the ❤ of my ❤.

Even if the rest of my life is a mess, she's always my pride and joy.

Also, pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks. 👍

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I have a pack of Reese's Cups in my bag for later. Highlight of my day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grateful for you to still be here, even if I don’t know you! Is there something you can personally do to reduce the likelihood of this happening again?

It really just boils down to "eat right, and exercise". I've been learning a lot this week, and my family has been right there with me every step. I feel like my entire family is getting healthier as a result, and that's what really makes my day.

It really just boils down to "eat right, and exercise". I've been learning a lot this week, and my family has been right there with me every step. I feel like my entire family is getting healthier as a result, and that's what really makes my day.

nice good for you making the steps and educating yourself. glad ot hear its been contagious across the fam too.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I paid off the last $130ish bucks I owed on a credit card today. Get to pay off my car this month too.

guggnichso

Banned

As a dude who slacked on exercise for most of his life, it’s actually quite easy to start that, much easier than our brain makes us think. And really, you feel sooo great after a workout like jogging for half an hour, it’s mind blowing.

You just have to get through the first ten minutes.

JimiNutz

Banned
My dogs are incredibly cute and cuddly. No matter what happens or how bad my day is I can spend time with my dogs and almost instantly feel better.

Congrats, that’s great. Best of luck to you both :)

I’m feeling good cuz I’m lucky enough to get to travel all over whenever I want, so I’m spending this weekend in a new city.

lil puff

Really glad you are ok. That's also good advice.

Other than it being Friday, no ups or downs. My like is eat sleep and pee. Occasionally I shit.

I bought a Moog filter emulation yesterday on sale at $50 from $299 and I am going to have sex with it tonight.

Raven117

Gold Member
Man, nothing much to complain out. Payday, Friday, some good work going into next week. Moved into a new apartment and thats pretty much done. Not much on the agenda this weekend, so I get to go out with my sweet girlfriend and do whatever we like. Will have time to work out, run, have coffee with my dad. Feels good.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I'm still here.

I finally feel comfortable enough in Chinese where I feel I can live in Asia without translation needs. This is my fourth language.

I also heard back from a rep at a company I hope to work for that will give me the edge to work for my dream company in Asia yesterday, that was nice.

lil puff

I'm still here.

I finally feel comfortable enough in Chinese where I feel I can live in Asia without translation needs. This is my fourth language.

I also heard back from a rep at a company I hope to work for that will give me the edge to work for my dream company in Asia yesterday, that was nice.
You are fluent in 4 languages and I can barely speak 1!

Good luck on that prospect.

quickwhips

Found out I don’t have colon cancer today! Also I have an awesome wife and great son! About to 1.5 months till our second son will be born. Also I have a great job where I like going to work everyday and get to manage 37 terrific people! Life is pretty great. Happy Friday everyone!

ChuyMasta

I am really thankful for a few things. I am debt free even on small size items such as cellphone devices! Mid size items. No car debt. Big items size? No student loans or medical bills
Really Big things? ....ready?! ready?! I owe absolutely no interest in my mortgage. Every payment my wife and I make to the house is 100% principal

It took us about 7 years to get to this point and I just feel like I have more ownership of my money. I hope this financial freedom continues and my wife and I can really focus on our wants rather than needs.

Elcid

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I am now past 40. My wife will be 39 this year. We’re both academics in Germany, so we had to do quite a lot of shit to be in somehow secure positions in our field of work. I managed that, my wife didn’t yet. Lately we decided to fuck that shit, because we both want to have children and time was running out, so my wife quit the pill.

We heard a lot of stuff from couples our age how long it took to get pregnant, and we were preparing for quite some tries...

Now I after my wife quit the pill, 5 weeks ago, she’s pregnant. Ok course, we both know it’s quite likely that a first pregnancy fails, especially at our age, and we have to wait for three months and have to check for trisomy 21 and shit (we will abort the pregnancy if there’s anything wrong), I‘m fucking happy.

I want to be a dad, and even if we’re quite old to become parents, I’m looking very much forward to doing so. I‘m just really really happy right now.

So, what puts a smile on your face today? Let’s have a happy go lucky thread about some good things in life, and PLEASE KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF IT.
Congratulations. The best thing in life is children. Once you have them, everything else just kinda pales in comparison. Their joy is your joy.

bitbydeath

I have two days holiday coming up next week where I can try focus on my writing.
Hopefully knock out another two chapters.

I appreciate the sentiment OP. Much needed in the world.

I have many things I'm thankful for. My child is with me for the weekend - that's always nice. I love where I live. I'm happy with what I'm doing professionally. There are more wonderful games out (from all generations / devices) than I could ever play in multiple lifetimes. And finally,I love our community here at Neogaf.

And there's much more than that, but I won't list everything I'm thankful for. Gratitude is a valuable tool in a healthy and happy life imo. I wish its overuse upon us all.

Yo congratulations bro you are PREGNANT. Enjoy man it is gonna be a blast. Up there with the top 1 or 2 things in life is having a kid and bonding with your kid. They are gonna love you like you can't believe.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
Found out I don’t have colon cancer today! Also I have an awesome wife and great son! About to 1.5 months till our second son will be born. Also I have a great job where I like going to work everyday and get to manage 37 terrific people! Life is pretty great. Happy Friday everyone!

Dude, finding out that you DON‘T have cancer is one of the greatest things ever. Have a fantastic life and try to minimize the risk in the future, even if it sucks to do so!

guggnichso

Banned
I am really thankful for a few things. I am debt free even on small size items such as cellphone devices! Mid size items. No car debt. Big items size? No student loans or medical bills
Really Big things? ....ready?! ready?! I owe absolutely no interest in my mortgage. Every payment my wife and I make to the house is 100% principal

It took us about 7 years to get to this point and I just feel like I have more ownership of my money. I hope this financial freedom continues and my wife and I can really focus on our wants rather than needs.

Dude, that sounds great, I hope you can do great things with your financial freedom, especially provide for yourself as you get older.

quickwhips

Dude, finding out that you DON‘T have cancer is one of the greatest things ever. Have a fantastic life and try to minimize the risk in the future, even if it sucks to do so![/
Dude, finding out that you DON‘T have cancer is one of the greatest things ever. Have a fantastic life and try to minimize the risk in the future, even if it sucks to do so!
yeah I have to get checked every three years but feels good to know I’m still doing ok. I’m 38 but I’ve seen kids that were tiny man it’s scary shit. I have a 3 year old home and I’m not ready to check out yet. Just every 3 years I start getting worried again. They found polyps when I was 32 so it’s constant worry there might be more some day.

guggnichso

Banned

Uh, dude, I wish you all the best for the future. May I ask what the problem is? Do you have some genetic disposition for colon cancer or something?

If so, I wish you all the best for the future.

God Enel

I'm still here.

Which languages do you speak and what’s your profession? And I’m happy the name Is golden again :)

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Guys!

Sorry to hijack this thread but late yesterday I got a call from my #1 company (higher on my list than the one before) and I've already booked my ticket to fly in next week. I'm especially excited because it is the biggest practice in the country in my STEM field.

God bless you all and happy to share the positive energy.

Acerac

Banned
Despite all the difficulties I have faced I am looking forward with more hope than ever. I am making real progress in bettering myself as a person and being less reliant on others, while being more satisfied with the actions I make as a person. I have made a lot of decisions and thought a lot of unique thoughts as of late, and though many of them have challenged a lot of what I have believed, they have allowed me to understand the life I live in far more thoroughly and to continue to point myself in the correct directions to lead to a more fulfilling life.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it's the freakin' weekend! the weather is super nice too, it was in the 30s just a few hours ago, now it's in the 60s.

gonna smoke and play hella videogames. then gonna install a new hd for a laptop. tomorrow i've got brunch w the fam, looking forward to seeing everyone for the first time since Xmas.

life is good! peace and love to you all

Last edited:

Antoon

Banned
My life was saved by a thing called a lightbox, its been about 2 months since I started using it, and it makes a huge difference in my mood/anxiety. I finally started to show interest in games, politics and life in general, since for the last 5 years I was locked in my own prison. Also, my leg wasnt amputated so Im glad.

I was just about to say I can finally watch the Habs again after that stupid all star break. Went to set my PVR and realized they game started early and I missed 2 periods.

Thanks assholes!

thief183

Today? Today I finally took a break from Conan Exiles, I spent the last 3 weeks sleeping only 2 hours at night, damn this kind of games really catch me.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
My life was saved by a thing called a lightbox, its been about 2 months since I started using it, and it makes a huge difference in my mood/anxiety. I finally started to show interest in games, politics and life in general, since for the last 5 years I was locked in my own prison. Also, my leg wasnt amputated so Im glad.

For what it's worth the jokes were all in good fun, we all cared.

TacosNSalsa

I'm so wrong for laughing at this and I really cannot explain why I find it so funny but the fact that Ariana Grande's hand tattoo now says "Japanese BBQ finger" ... so that's the greatest thing today as it's been pretty boring ..

Got a nice purple hindu kush vape cartridge. Might not seem like a big deal to dwellers of forward thinking countries but it's big news for the shithole I live in. Little amuses the innocent. 😇

Super Bowl, booze, and quality sex with a friend after the super bowl...if I don't drink too much and get whiseky dick. She won't like that.

Top Bottom