• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what’s great in your life today?

You have casual sex with friends? Or is the friendship with benefits?

It's friends with benefits. We're both single atm. We've gone through this a few times. It works out well. We've been friends going on 19 years now. We never fool around when either of us is with someone, and we don't talk about it either.

My ignore list is 72 names deep now and my GAF experience is as peaceful as ever. Weed out the toxicity. Edit: now 74

Can’t wait to watch the Super Bowl and see Tommy Touchdown get ring six, all while chatting about the game in the thread on here.

Today is a good day

Edit

Also, to the gentleman above me preparing for post-Super Bowl Sex, best of luck to you, my son

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Hudo

Sorry to hear that, my man.

Sometimes things get better. You never know. Hang in there
Fuck the world man.

Get a gym member ship, and get going. Improvement every day. Feels good man.
Thanks, duders. I'm just feeling tired. Maybe it will end some day. But it is good to see other people doing well. I've seen enough people with bad things happening to them. Hope y'all doing well!

G-Bus

Banned
Everything is going great right now. Makes me uneasy because things never go this well for this long.

Today was great, the kids slept in until 7am, my wife cooked us her usual weekend breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs, fried tomatoes and mushrooms with toast.

Got a lot of work done on our house we are renovating. Checked my work email and nothing is burning that cant wait until Monday morning.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I paid off the last $130ish bucks I owed on a credit card today. Get to pay off my car this month too.
Paid off the car! Feels good, gonna free up about $250 a month for me now :)

Going to a nice seafood restaurant tonight as well.

Antoon

Banned
It's friends with benefits. We're both single atm. We've gone through this a few times. It works out well. We've been friends going on 19 years now. We never fool around when either of us is with someone, and we don't talk about it either.
thats still pretty messed up tho

My wife made breakfast sandwiches. Bacon, egg, lettuce, cheese and tomato.

The kids are waiting for their grandparents to visit.

My wife is packing the hospital bag as my son is due any day now.

Busy but good.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
My ignore list is 72 names deep now and my GAF experience is as peaceful as ever. Weed out the toxicity. Edit: now 74
LOL added two i see. Almost 75 users is quite a lot on less than 250 daily users. Its not a 1000 though so no limits yet. I am having no-one on the list.

To answer OT:
Did some nice cycling under the sun this weekend, movie, drinks and meetings, so that's good. Not fulfilled though, but when will i ever.

StormFiber

Neo Member
Recently I have been through depression. When I look back over my life I wouldn’t have thought I would be in this kind of situation. And it took me everything to get out of it. I have realized a lot since then. I have realized life is in the moments..Those moments which we are not paying attention to..

I see lot of people mad over smallest things. Someone’s girlfriend is mad because her boyfriend didn’t call her. Someone is not happy because she has no one to call her. Some mother is going crazy cause the son she loved so much is not there when she needed him the most, but there is guy who have never seen his mother who doesn’t knows what is the warmth of mother’s love. I can go on and list some more ironies, but…

There is lot of sadness in the world. If you think about it, everyone is running behind something, want to achieve something. There is no peace of mind, there is no appreciation about life, about brawling go. I have seen people do the sweetest things for their loved ones just to get hurt. The problem with our living is that we have stopped appreciating. We have taken life for for granted, and we are wasting it one moment at a time. These days people are feeling less and less. There is no love, compassion, that even dog shows when he sees it’s owner.

You want to fully live your life, go on the rooftop and just lie down and stare at stars. See how beautiful the world is. Observe your mom, loved ones who are doing good deeds for you. See and deeply feel, hug them and never let go, the love they have for you and no matter what they are there for you. Realize beauty isn’t in things. It’s in the eyes, it’s in the heart of the one who sees. Beauty comes from within.

I have been through good times and bad times, I have been depressed and I have been cheerful. I have had friends who were poison, and only I know what I have been through, and it hurts me that people are fucking mean to each other over the smallest shitty things which are not even going to matter over time.

Life can be tough. It can be very unfair. It will teach lessons at time. It will knock you down from time to time. It can be very shitty at times.

But

Honey, you have no idea what a colorful ride life really is. Want to feel life, see beautiful things, Feel it, Admire it..Close your eyes and listen to the melody of life..

I think our greatest blessing is to feel. The joy of feeling something may be it’s sadness, happiness, compassion..I don’t even have the words to describe it.

Life ain’t about getting knocked, it’s about how much can you take and still stand up and say to life “I ain’t done yet”.

I hope people realize that life is tough for everyone and all everyone needs is a bit of love, bit of appreciation. I hope we realize that we need to keep humanity alive.

Always give it all..

Be happy..

Keep smiling like an idiot..

Enjoy the moments like you always do..

You’re AWESOME..

Love ya..

I have decided to stick with LOVE, HATE is too great a burden to bear - Martin luther King.

Love..

-G..

Pagusas

Elden Member
Things are going great! Our new home is built, we love our community, we put in a pool with a heater and have been enjoying it. Next week we go out to buy 2 new cars (2019 Rav 4’s for both the wife and I). Our taxes got done last night and while we owe several thousand, it’s way less than I was calculating (normal job + lots and lots of freelance). I’m healthy, my wife is Healthy, our dog has had some health problems but seems to be on the up swing. The sunset last night was beautiful.

Most days I feel like I’ve made all the right choices in life that mattered. That’s a damn good feeling.

Last edited:

Drake

Been hitting the gym pretty hard and dieting since the beginning of November. Weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. Down to 173 pounds. Down 45 total. Pretty stoked with that. 8-13 more pounds to lose and I'll be at my goal weight.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Been hitting the gym pretty hard and dieting since the beginning of November. Weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. Down to 173 pounds. Down 45 total. Pretty stoked with that. 8-13 more pounds to lose and I'll be at my goal weight.

Great job!!! What’s your goal once you hit your goal weight? Did you do it just to be healthier? Dating? Going to do any sports?

Last edited:

dbztrk

Nothing. I'm an introvert and I don't have a lot of energy. I work a lot. So when i'm free, I just lay in my bed and watch TV or listen to music. I have yet to renovate my apartment which is why I don't have anyone over. I have some money saved but I don't want to use it towards renovating my apartment but towards my mortgage. I just keep saving so that I can pay off my mortgage. I just come to realization, that i'm attracted to guys that are unavailable. Whether it be emotionally or they're just not interested in me. So I keep letting the ones that are into me get away.

Sorry for the emo post. I just had to get it off my chest.

ROMhack

Let's put it this way: either my life improves in the next month and somebody wants to employ me full-time or I bite the bullet and go teach abroad.

It's a comforting thought.

Last edited:

bigedole

My 5 year old son was watching me play Kingdom Hearts 3 yesterday, I had just finished a world and was running around the main town hub and asked if he wanted to try. It was his first time using a controller. He spent about an hour trying to learn how to use it and it was such a joy to watch. He was completely inept and uncoordinated but he was having sooooo much fun. Even after an hour he still moves mostly by just pushing the analog stick repeatedly instead of holding it in one direction lol.

Seriously brought a tear to my eye. Just the pure joy of his first time gaming.

Drake

Great job!!! What’s your goal once you hit your goal weight? Did you do it just to be healthier? Dating? Going to do any sports?

I used to be in incredible shape back in my college days. Got a TON of attention from the ladies. After letting myself go that definitely stopped. My sister got married back in August and it was pretty depressing for me being fat and single, so I decided to change it.

What do I want to do once I hit my goal weight? Get pretty lean. I don't have the frame, or genetics to put on a lot of muscle without taking roids, but I can get pretty lean if I put in the work. If I can consistently stay around a point where I can see my abs again then I'll be happy.

Ten_Fold

Getting married next month, moving out west soon, I’m more financially stable than I’ve ever been so I’m pretty happy.

we bought my daughter a new bed on the weekend, and im going to pick it up tomorrow night after work. ive got some surprises for her in the downstairs crawl space, paw patrol wall decals and sheets, pj masks blanket, and some paw patrol snuggies. i'm really pumped to show her everything when it's all setup, i wish i still got excited about things like she does

we're trying to get her sleeping in her own bed through the night and figured, if we were kids it might work for us. fingers crossed....

manner

Neo Member
I brewed some nice tea, and am listening to my playlist, which mainly involves Johnny Cash and Crosby, Stills, and Nash. So, the day looks good, especially since I'm working from home today.

My 750+ gaming backlog. It's a mountain of gems in my mind as I sit at work: I can see the sparkling and hear the clinking. When I get home the colours start to fade and it becomes a static silence. The weight will never shift. Damn backlog, I love you so much why you have to hurt me so.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Let's put it this way: either my life improves in the next month and somebody wants to employ me full-time or I bite the bullet and go teach abroad.

It's a comforting thought.

Homie... you have no idea. I was you five months ago.

You'll find something, whether it be work, an internship -- either way, I wish I were in Asia right about now lol. You'll make the right choice, mate!

ROMhack

Homie... you have no idea. I was you five months ago.

You'll find something, whether it be work, an internship -- either way, I wish I were in Asia right about now lol. You'll make the right choice, mate!

Thanks for your support :)

I'm working a temp job so it's not all bad but I really want to be able to move on and get a life.

Last edited:

Orpheum

congratulations man!

As for me, work is going pretty good, actually it has been quite good for a while now. i feel confident enough in my abilities and now with more than 3 years of actual experience in the field and 5 years total, i hope i can land a nice position in the next 2-3 years. The thought about it scares me though xD

God Enel

Recently I have been through depression. When I look back over my life I wouldn’t have thought I would be in this kind of situation. And it took me everything to get out of it. I have realized a lot since then. I have realized life is in the moments..Those moments which we are not paying attention to..

I see lot of people mad over smallest things. Someone’s girlfriend is mad because her boyfriend didn’t call her. Someone is not happy because she has no one to call her. Some mother is going crazy cause the son she loved so much is not there when she needed him the most, but there is guy who have never seen his mother who doesn’t knows what is the warmth of mother’s love. I can go on and list some more ironies, but…

There is lot of sadness in the world. If you think about it, everyone is running behind something, want to achieve something. There is no peace of mind, there is no appreciation about life, about brawling go. I have seen people do the sweetest things for their loved ones just to get hurt. The problem with our living is that we have stopped appreciating. We have taken life for for granted, and we are wasting it one moment at a time. These days people are feeling less and less. There is no love, compassion, that even dog shows when he sees it’s owner.

You want to fully live your life, go on the rooftop and just lie down and stare at stars. See how beautiful the world is. Observe your mom, loved ones who are doing good deeds for you. See and deeply feel, hug them and never let go, the love they have for you and no matter what they are there for you. Realize beauty isn’t in things. It’s in the eyes, it’s in the heart of the one who sees. Beauty comes from within.

I have been through good times and bad times, I have been depressed and I have been cheerful. I have had friends who were poison, and only I know what I have been through, and it hurts me that people are fucking mean to each other over the smallest shitty things which are not even going to matter over time.

Life can be tough. It can be very unfair. It will teach lessons at time. It will knock you down from time to time. It can be very shitty at times.

But

Honey, you have no idea what a colorful ride life really is. Want to feel life, see beautiful things, Feel it, Admire it..Close your eyes and listen to the melody of life..

I think our greatest blessing is to feel. The joy of feeling something may be it’s sadness, happiness, compassion..I don’t even have the words to describe it.

Life ain’t about getting knocked, it’s about how much can you take and still stand up and say to life “I ain’t done yet”.

I hope people realize that life is tough for everyone and all everyone needs is a bit of love, bit of appreciation. I hope we realize that we need to keep humanity alive.

Always give it all..

Be happy..

Keep smiling like an idiot..

Enjoy the moments like you always do..

You’re AWESOME..

Love ya..

I have decided to stick with LOVE, HATE is too great a burden to bear - Martin luther King.

Love..

-G..

Love that post and completely agree.

Whats good in my life? found a job in a consulting firm as an IT consultant. This chapter of shitty jobs is finally over. Time to earn some cash and get my life going. Starting in march and im excited af.

Btw. I only got this job because mycurrent boss recommended me and sent in my resume. Crazy how much connections improve your job chances. Its disgusting how the world works. If i would have applied by myself im sure i wouldnt even land an interview.

1 year + two months booze free.

Guess ive internalised it— hadn’t thought about it for awhile but im pretty thankful for that.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a bottle of star wars branded "eau de toilette" last night. The bottle is in the shape of the death star.
5 and a half bucks at the chemist. Down from 30. The last one they had.
It was a store special.

Went to the one up the road this afternoon (same franchise)...
Still 30 bucks there, with 10 in stock.
They pricematched and further discounted to 3 bucks each!!

Now i have 4.
It's been a good day :)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
woke up at 7 to go to work, got out the door, then remembered i forgot my bus card back at home. so i went home to get it and once i walked inside, decided to just work from home.

probably going to work on the porch sitting in my hammock while watching the rain.

I'm racing against time to finish some freelance work. I just can't bring myself to do work ahead of time; I need the threat of a tight deadline to become productive. Final Fantasy soundtracks help me stay focused.

Gonna finish that and go back to writing/drawing/playing.

guggnichso

Banned
Adding something new myself:

I did not shit myself in the woods today.

I recently started jogging, because all that pregnancy stuff was also a wake up call for me to get back in shape.

So since December I have rigorously attended one of those c25k plans and went to the gym every other day.

Felt a bit shitty in the guts department the whole day yesterday, but still went out for a run this morning because I‘m a stubborn fucker.

After around 2km my guts started to turn into yelly, and my stomach tried to forcibly eject everything I ate for the last two weeks...

So I awkwardly waddled home with clenched ass cheeks, desperately trying to not soil myself, sweating more than I ever did since the temperature in my second flat back in 2003 rose to 50C back then, while nearly getting a panic attack, while images of me dripping diarrhea shamewalking through the city flashed before my eyes.

I managed to waddle home successfully. Thank god and thanks to my now aching ass muscles. Phew...

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Double post

I found out today that my boss is Chinese after being with him a month lol, I always thought he was Korean. It was cool as he is much nicer to talk to compared to a lot of Mainland Chinese I know...

Top Bottom