• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what’s great in your life today?

hargwood

Banned
I'm in pretty good physical shape which is nice. Also busted a fat nut earlier and the volume was good as well as the distance.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I'm in pretty good physical shape which is nice. Also busted a fat nut earlier and the volume was good as well as the distance.

745154.jpg

My life is consistently shitty. So I have consistency going for me, which is nice.
My advice? Go seek out some therapy and a psychiatrist for some anti-depressants. You may roll you eyes while reading this but it really helped me out when I needed it dude. Hope you feel better.

Last edited:

Hudo

My advice? Go seek out some therapy and a psychiatrist for some anti-depressants. You may roll you eyes while reading this but it really helped me out when I needed it dude. Hope you feel better.
Thanks, man. Nah, I get that this is legitimate advice and you are right. But I guess you know the drill. There's a mixture of "I don't need it, I can fix myself on my own" and "I am afraid/too uncomfortable to talk about all this stuff with someone. I also don't want to bother anyone.". Joining GAF (was on ERA at the beginning) was already a big step for me actually. Just to communicate with people on a (somewhat) regular basis without feeling that I need to put a mask on all the time (even though, all I am really doing here is basically fancy shitposting; Shout out to the mods for not banning me). Ah, well, shit's complicated.

Anyway, thanks for the reponse, man.

Last edited:
Thanks, man. Nah, I get that this is legitimate advice and you are right. But I guess you know the drill. There's a mixture of "I don't need it, I can fix myself on my own" and "I am afraid/too uncomfortable to talk about all this stuff with someone. I also don't want to bother anyone.". Joining GAF (was on ERA at the beginning) was already a big step for me actually. Just to communicate with people on a (somewhat) regular basis without feeling that I need to put a mask on all the time. Ah, well, shit's complicated.

Anyway, thanks for the reponse, man.
No problem but I would still highly, highly consider it. Trust me, everyone who resist therapy says the same thing but the reality is they are there to help you. They would not have picked the profession if they didn't care about people because its not worth going through that level of education just for the money and those people will make shitty therapist. Obviously I can't force you but as someone who has thought the very same things as you, it really helped me out bud.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'll come back to this thread once something good happens! Y..yes!

Today was my second therapy session after being reward from the hospital. It went well.

It’s my 8th day since release, counting the release day, and I have left my three times in that span. It’s an improvement. That probably sounds weird to normal people but keep in mind that the 10 weeks prior to hospitaliatoon I never left my house once, so I’m taking baby steps.

I think the meds are working, a little. Mentally I feel less anxious and less agitated, most of the time. It’s more subtle than I hoped for though. Soon I’ll be asked to step up the dosage, we will see how that goes

I had to take half of an Ativan this morning to get through the appointment. It’s the first one I’ve taken in 4 days, which is good I guess, but I hate that I still need a strong sedative to get through public encounters. Again, baby steps

The therapist agrees that exercise is best medicine for anxiety and I need to start exercising again. I’ve lost a lot of weight but my knees are still an issue. I’m looking into those stationary bikes where you sit down all the way, I’ve read they are easier on knees than treadmills or standard upright bikes

Also, as 888 888 recommended in my hospitalization thread, in trying to log off and step away from the phone/computer once in awhile as well.

It’s all baby steps. I still grt the short of breath /tight throat and chest feeling when I leave my house but I haven’t had a full blown panic episode. My vitals (blood pressure, pulse; oxygen level) remain mostly normal throughout these outside excursions and that’s an improvement

Baby steps

Good day so far

badblue

I have a job interview lined up for tomorrow morning. Possibly the end of 6 months of unemployment and a way out of the oil and gas industry.

Today was my second therapy session after being reward from the hospital. It went well.

It’s my 8th day since release, counting the release day, and I have left my three times in that span. It’s an improvement. That probably sounds weird to normal people but keep in mind that the 10 weeks prior to hospitaliatoon I never left my house once, so I’m taking baby steps.

I think the meds are working, a little. Mentally I feel less anxious and less agitated, most of the time. It’s more subtle than I hoped for though. Soon I’ll be asked to step up the dosage, we will see how that goes

I had to take half of an Ativan this morning to get through the appointment. It’s the first one I’ve taken in 4 days, which is good I guess, but I hate that I still need a strong sedative to get through public encounters. Again, baby steps

The therapist agrees that exercise is best medicine for anxiety and I need to start exercising again. I’ve lost a lot of weight but my knees are still an issue. I’m looking into those stationary bikes where you sit down all the way, I’ve read they are easier on knees than treadmills or standard upright bikes

Also, as 888 888 recommended in my hospitalization thread, in trying to log off and step away from the phone/computer once in awhile as well.

It’s all baby steps. I still grt the short of breath /tight throat and chest feeling when I leave my house but I haven’t had a full blown panic episode. My vitals (blood pressure, pulse; oxygen level) remain mostly normal throughout these outside excursions and that’s an improvement

Baby steps

Good day so far

Good deal. Nothing wrong with separating from the internet. Get some fresh air even alone. Visit a park and just close your eyes and relax. I’m having a hell of a stressful day with my dog possibly not lasting much longer but it helps to just hit a quiet place and breathe.

Glad you are doing a little better. Baby steps is better than no steps. But your doctor is right about exercise, it helps a ton. And I’m not a doctor but I’ve been on a few meds and one was Ativan. That’s very strong stuff and I would try to supplement with more natural things before I would up the dosage on that. CBD if it is legal where you live is a great help and I just took two dropper fulls before typing this. I’m no longer on Prescription meds for anxiety and manage it with CBD and just going to a quiet place and breathing. Calming music is good too.

Either way. Take some time and do what you need to get better. Seeking help is usually the harder of the steps. Sounds like you are on your way.

thats still pretty messed up tho

Late reply, but I agree. Although, we have had talks lately about making it serious and who knows? We might even get married if an actual relationship works out. I mean, the bedroom chemistry is definitely there. Now comes fortifying the relationship love and all that.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Wife had a Dr checkup to verify that our unborn child is healthy and normal. So good so far. This will be our fourth.

I also payed off some debt this past week (US tax return windfall). Feels wonderful to have 100s less in obligations each month.

Bills coming around the corner:

tumblr_pedbg0aqt61v4u49oo1_400.gif

Wife had a Dr checkup to verify that our unborn child is healthy and normal. So good so far. This will be our fourth.

I also payed off some debt this past week (US tax return windfall). Feels wonderful to have 100s less in obligations each month.

Bills coming around the corner:

tumblr_pedbg0aqt61v4u49oo1_400.gif
Damn 4th child what’s wrong with you?😜 congrats bud 🎉

I'm 46, married. A daughter and three grand children, who are coming over for the weekend to run riot......so yeah...today life is great. This weekend maybe not so much..... I kid

appaws

Banned
I really like my job.

I am playing Disgaea 1 Complete for switch and it is just tremendous. Etrian Odyssey Nexus is next game up!

My wife has been horny all week and hinting that I can expect a wild weekend.

It is almost gardening season, and I ordered my onion starts yesterday.

bitbydeath

It’s the weekend, also got another chapter down last night. Still want to finish another this weekend but will see how time goes.

Refurbish of my house is nearly completed! Just got the master bedroom, "game" room and bath room to do and that's all done. Took about 2 years to do downstairs since I was juggling it with a full-time job and some health issues. It is slowly getting there.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
spent quality time with the fam. we went to a local retro arcade w my nieces and had a blast for a few hours. the place had lots of cabinets as well as consoles & everything is on free play. i helped the 8-year-old play her first ever game of NES The Legend of Zelda and we cleared the first dungeon. she kept threatening to drop the controller on the floor from the difficulty. then we played all the way through Final Fight before we left, which was easy & mindless, and lots of fun. all in all a pretty awesome afternoon! <3 food for the soul

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Must've been the new lycra.

tenor.gif
Haha. I haven’t reached the “look at me” sports skins stage yet, but you never know. I’m currently rocking proper training singlets and proper sneakers (instead of my Cons) and even wearing a sweat band (wrist).

I would have laughed at someone like me a year ago. Life is funny.

Papa

Banned
Haha. I haven’t reached the “look at me” sports skins stage yet, but you never know. I’m currently rocking proper training singlets and proper sneakers (instead of my Cons) and even wearing a sweat band (wrist).

I would have laughed at someone like me a year ago. Life is funny.

dw I'm laughing at you

My faith in the future was shacked by a wave of absurdity. That is quite impressive, considering it used to be absolute faith. Which is frightening but great.

To be honest will be good to get a better taste of this ocean of absurdity that lies outside.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Ditto, I learnt in the last few months that I love working out and doing long runs.
Thankfully I work with people who encourage it. ( The working out not the wanking)

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
Jesus Christ is great in my life. My daily source of hope in any darkness. I know he will keep his promises and I will be with him one day, God willing, and he will grant me eternal rest, peace and bliss. I think about it every day.

I have a great sex vacation coming up. FMF threesome tonight, then swingers club. Group sex tomorrow night after a glow party. Groupsex Sunday. Normal sex all Monday with a trip to the beach. MFM Threesome Tuesday.

Mihos

Gold Member
3 paycheck month with the 'extra' one dropping today. (if you are paid bi-weekly you know what I mean)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I have a great sex vacation coming up. FMF threesome tonight, then swingers club. Group sex tomorrow night after a glow party. Groupsex Sunday. Normal sex all Monday with a trip to the beach. MFM Threesome Tuesday.
And a trip to the clinic on Wednesday!

Shifty

Got paid a couple hours after badgering a client about their invoice

GAF Discord continues to be a fun place to hang out

Taking a week off for Devil May Cry 5 was a really good call

:messenger_ok:

Top Bottom