• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what happened to World of Horror? (that "Junji Ito" inspired game)

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I was looking for information regarding the game, but apparently the developer hasn't updated the game for over an entire year and has been silent since then (it was released as Early Access)
Some people on Steam Community said there was a lawsuit going on, but there's really no evidence of it.

The game looks cool but is also buggy and somewhat unfocused (from what I remember)
I know with COVID there are other priorities to take into account, and the developer is solo which makes things more difficult.

Does anyone have more information about what happened with it?

Pic for those that have never seen the game before

ss_1d3b482bf88535a8a206c62e4784ca5a48d1a515.1920x1080.jpg

Kuranghi

I'd love to see a Mega 64 sort of video where they have all the great horror game directors go to really rubbish not-scary haunted house or similiar place and they are all acting like total woobies and saying how freaked out they were by like a pumpkin or something :messenger_tears_of_joy:

20cent

Banned
Great visuals and creepy atmosphere but annoying gameplay, I was really really excited to play this, until I did. Meh.

Could have been a great visual novel with gameplay elements, or just a point n click. It didn't need combat nor rogue-like mechanics.

Top Bottom