• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's next for Resident Evil remakes?

To be perfectly honest, I can't say I'm a big fan of these other remakes, mainly over the fact they remove tons of content, change the look of the characters, scrap features, and well, make every blooming area look ridiculously dark.

That's something the older games weren't like. They had some dark areas, but you could usually still see the detail.

I may want to see an Outbreak remake - at a push. Meaning I am not for it totally, but I can be optimistic about it if Capcom shows me that they can deliver something amazing.

Well 4 is The Resident Evil game, it is an incredible game and after this I don't see the point of another remake. I feel they're are going to revert back to the third person view with the next installment and a new storyline.

REmake 2 and 3 have been extremely light in terms of Wesker mentions, and if REmake 4 ends with the Wesker reveal then I can see them using that as a springboard for REmake 1(again), CV REmake, and REmake 5 as a sort of 'Wesker Trilogy'.

If REmake 4 does well I can see Capcom trying to make every older mainline game with the design philosophies of REmake 2 and 4, which is sorely needed for parts 5 and 6.

gamer82

For ocd and collection purposes i really want the first game . i never got into resident evil till part 4 , so id really like the mansion in their new engine. I don't think 5 or 6 really need doing anytime soon on a graphical sense . you cant leave out the game that started it come on capcom don't leave us hanging.

Last edited:

Pachi72

I want resident evil 1 Remake over the shoulder and you get to play the scene where they get attacked before entering the mansion. Talking about the helicopter scene. Imagine that and then the mansion must be amazing going through a

EDMIX

Still convinced they're just avoiding it because they Dread the hellstorm that will ensue no matter WHAT they do with Alfred Ashford
lol unlikely.

If they had an issue with that, why keep porting it? Its literally on PSN for PS4, XB etc So I don't see much to suggest that.
then my suggestion is simple:

Make 9, 10, 1
lol that makes even less sense, that isn't an either or, those are different teams lol

Have some of you just been under the impression that they are just stopping development on games to make remakes? lol how the fuck did you think we got RE2 remake and RE3 remake AND RE7 and RE8? Luck?

The massive lolz man. Maybe this is why some have this view on remakes or something, they don't know who makes it so they think its some either or and 9 is on hold or some shit lol
Please just remake Outbreak ... its a joke now they just keep putting shitty multiplayer games etc out and not create one of the best co-op experiences they have ever made

Likely going to happen. I think the concepts will be different though as this isn't 20 years ago and online is so much different then back then, I think the idea will be similar, like playing with other people to go thru a level or levels or something. I also think they'll have the same characters and add some.

Pachi72 Pachi72 firmly believe that RE1 will be the first remake of a remake. I'd be shocked as fuck if we don't see that this gen.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
lol unlikely.

If they had an issue with that, why keep porting it? Its literally on PSN for PS4, XB etc So I don't see much to suggest that.

lol that makes even less sense, that isn't an either or, those are different teams lol

Have some of you just been under the impression that they are just stopping development on games to make remakes? lol how the fuck did you think we got RE2 remake and RE3 remake AND RE7 and RE8? Luck?

The massive lolz man. Maybe this is why some have this view on remakes or something, they don't know who makes it so they think its some either or and 9 is on hold or some shit lol

Likely going to happen. I think the concepts will be different though as this isn't 20 years ago and online is so much different then back then, I think the idea will be similar, like playing with other people to go thru a level or levels or something. I also think they'll have the same characters and add some.

Pachi72 Pachi72 firmly believe that RE1 will be the first remake of a remake. I'd be shocked as fuck if we don't see that this gen.

You're such a combative poster, lmfao.

I know they have different units, every dev team that juggles more than one project simultaneously basically have to. But this is also to the point of "why not just have those multiple teams work on main entries simultaneously?"

I mean, I'm all for Remakes, provided the timing, effort, new ideas and faithful elements are all in the correct proportion relevant my interests. I have every RE Remake currently released, am currently on my third run through of FFVIIR, and eagerly await Silent Hill 2 and Dead Space.

Fact of the matter is, at least on it's public facing side, Capcom has stated they have no current plans to Remake CV/X. Could they be pulling my leg for a jolly and be putting finishing touches on an epic 40 hour Remake? Sure. But I maintain, with some enthusiasm, the opinion that Alfred Ashford is a sticking point.

Also, just as a small post script: the post you quoted was 85% sarcastic, anyway. Oops.

If it's good, I'll play it. If it's not, I'll stop.

SSfox

REmake 2 and 3 have been extremely light in terms of Wesker mentions, and if REmake 4 ends with the Wesker reveal then I can see them using that as a springboard for REmake 1(again), CV REmake, and REmake 5 as a sort of 'Wesker Trilogy'.

If REmake 4 does well I can see Capcom trying to make every older mainline game with the design philosophies of REmake 2 and 4, which is sorely needed for parts 5 and 6.
Wesker was never mentioned in the originals, so i don't see issues with that.

But for RE4 for sure it will be disapointing if he don't get at least mentioned. But since it's the Alpha RE team i don't think they'll fuck it up, but we'll see.

Last edited:
I don't see the point in any more remakes, besides being provided with CV like we asked for. Not that I care much for it.

What about Dino Crisis? 🦖

Top Bottom