• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....Where is RIME??

Vinc

If I'm not mistaken, a very small team is working on it, and I'm sure Sony took notice of that game's potential and the interest it generates. I hope it's not in trouble, but my guess is that they're taking their time to get it right... which I really appreciate because that game looks like it's going to be a really big deal for me.

Drencrom

If I'm not mistaken, a very small team is working on it, and I'm sure Sony took notice of that game's potential and the interest it generates. I hope it's not in trouble, but my guess is that they're taking their time to get it right... which I really appreciate because that game looks like it's going to be a really big deal for me.

Realistically, this is probably it.

But, y'know... GAF

I'm really looking forward to this, but it is a little concerning that we've been so long without any updates. This is definitely another which was shown too early, and that never fails to piss me off.

skynidas

Banned
they are hiring a lot of people. maybe the game got bigger and sony is putting more money into it. also they are hiring a VR programmer so maybe they want to release it on PSVR?

So is it done or are they not done.

Also the tweet just said they were done with crunch

The game isn't finished yet, it was false assumptions. A month ago they said they have "WEEKLY sprints" and that there's still "a lot of work to be done yet".

yTWUy3m.png

https://twitter.com/RiMEGame/status/648525350708887552

Vire

One of my most awaited games, no show at Sony's PGW presser (afaik they weren't even in the intro montage? Hellblade, & Shadow of the Beast were), and already confirmed they won't be at PSX.

IxrcrGg.png

This said, on 10/20th they twitted there would be "exciting news soon".

https://twitter.com/RiMEGame/status/656491397533605889

so my theories:

- Crunch mode is on for a possible Dec 2015 launch, but release date still uncertain (lack of any showing at all still a bit weird)

or (my personal pick due to evidence)

- Rime has now somehow become a multiplatform title (PS4/ XB1/ PC) for a possible first half of 2016 release.

That or ... they're having big development trouble... Maybe. I hope not.

Amusing that the game that seemingly emulates a Team ICO game in feeling and gameplay is now emulating it in terms of development and release schedule.

Disappointing that we wont even see it again this year.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I was laughing it off. Not so much now after that PSX M.I.A tweet. Cause I can't phatom Sony doing a release date announcement on the PS Blog, I just can't....

Elandyll

Banned
Or just regular development where they might have shown the original just a bit too early. We can't say, but panicked speculation is just weird.
Who is panicking?

It's just weird that a European game with such a high profile presentation earlier on in 2014 is not shown at all during Sony's PGW (like I said, not one photo afaik) and there is no plan (apparently) for PSX.

Now if the game is on the PGW show floor, that's different, but is it?

It's got nothing to do with "panic" but rather hoping to be able to play the game sometime soon, as I love what I've seen so far.

Hopefully Tequila updates us "soon" ;)

When they said the game was influenced by Team ICO games, I didn't expect it to be influenced like this.

Did they? I thought the explicitly said they were inspired by the same artist that influenced the cover of ICO. The director even made the distinction that they were both similar but not directly influenced to ICO.

One of my most awaited games, no show at Sony's PGW presser (afaik they weren't even in the intro montage? Hellblade, & Shadow of the Beast were), and already confirmed they won't be at PSX.

IxrcrGg.png

This said, on 10/20th they twitted there would be "exciting news soon".

https://twitter.com/RiMEGame/status/656491397533605889

so my theories:

- Crunch mode is on for a possible Dec 2015 launch, but release date still uncertain (lack of any showing at all still a bit weird)

or (my personal pick due to evidence)

- Rime has now somehow become a multiplatform title (PS4/ XB1/ PC) for a possible first half of 2016 release.

That or ... they're having big development trouble... Maybe. I hope not.

It's a Sony IP so there's roughly zero chance of the second one happening.

Well, in facebook they said that they'll be giving news very soon. This was around 20th and 21th , same as Twitter, and they stated that they won't be at PGW.

Elandyll

Banned
http://www.vandal.net/foro/mensaje/811532/playstation-4-hilo-oficial-/2771

Repeat, take this as rumor.

Basically... game development is going bad, Sony people in their offices every two weeks... they don't know what to do... test groups say that the thing is boring...
That would tie in with Tequila saying back in May that the game was playable on PS4, and that it was up to XDev to decide when to show it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RiMEGame/status/604637748142739456?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Even more-so than the gorgeous visuals, I'm very excited to hear Akira Yamaoka do an 'adventure' game soundtrack to go along with this world that's being crafted.
The man is a brilliant musician, but (rightfully, do to his effectiveness) has been hired for horror game OSTs for as long as I can remember.

Within his haunting, disturbing OSTs he's crafted some beautifully atmospheric work. Can't wait to hear an entire soundtrack with that potential style.

Or RIME could end up with a Bowie-inspired progressive rock OST... who knows? :p

Walpurgis

Banned
http://www.vandal.net/foro/mensaje/811532/playstation-4-hilo-oficial-/2771

Repeat, take this as rumor.

Basically... game development is going bad, Sony people in their offices every two weeks... they don't know what to do... test groups say that the thing is boring...
Thank you. This sounds very bad. I put it through Google Translate and here is what I got.

Xilos said:
This morning talking with a colleague (discussing things about the Spanish industry and others) told me certain things RIME Secret : (Click to read)
and the game goes horribly wrong

every 2 weeks there are people in the office sony to give cane

basically you do not know what to do

have stage 1 full, but test groups say it is boring

and since there are only puzzles

in the game you can not attack

sun go from one place to another by puzzles

xD

is a fail

because Sony gave them an ultimatum
You've invested a lot of money and the game is a meh

They filled memory PS4

and were several days until 3 am deleting shit and cutting textures
I the person who told me I pretty credibility (the other person and for that ... I do not know XDD)
The user has 22k posts so I don't believe that he is making it up.

edit: This was posted July 6, 2015.

Walpurgis

Banned

I think it still is but it doesn't sound like it is going well. I read through the pages that followed that post on Vandal and people were talking about bad working conditions at Mercury Stream and Tequila. And one guy mentioned that Tequila admitted to having problems with Unreal Engine 4 in an interview (no source).

Of course, Xilos' friend might be mistaken/lying but I am inclined to believe him considering the game has been MIA for a year.

Randomizer

On Tequlia Works website they are hiring for a lot of different positions, all related to RIME. So my guess is the game is not releasing any time soon.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
They filled the memory and have to cut textures? Have they seen their own game? It's beautiful because of style, not because of intense AAA graphical features.

Even before reading this forum post thing, my guess would have been that they had a beautiful world built with lame or under-baked gameplay.

Yeah, as I said in the conference topic, this is what I kind of feel happened as well. I think expanding stuff after noticing potential was what happened with Journey as well.

Ferr986

Thank you. This sounds very bad. I put it through Google Translate and here is what I got.

The user has 22k posts so I don't believe that he is making it up.

edit: This was posted July 6, 2015.

It says:

development is going very bad. Every two weeks Sony reps are at the office to make them hurry up.

They (Tequila) don't know what to do. They have Stage 1 (¿?) ready, but testers says it's boring, because theres only puzzles, no fighting, only going from one point to another solving puzzles.

2nd post says Sony gave them an ultimatum , they put money onto it and right now the game is meh.

3rd is just about how they filled up the PS4 memory and had to stay some days till 3 AM dowgrading textures and taking out shit.

Schryver

They (Tequila) don't know what to do. They have Stage 1 (¿?) ready, but testers says it's boring, because theres only puzzles, no fighting, only going from one point to another solving puzzles.

Um...it's supposed to be a fucking puzzle game isn't it? Are people this dumb? Now if it has some combat that is utter trash then that's a different story

Ferr986

Um...it's supposed to be a fucking puzzle game isn't it? Are people this dumb? Now if it has some combat that is utter trash then that's a different story

It says you can't attack in the game, so there should be no combat.
About the puzzle thing, I dunno, maybe they're boring?

Mind you the rumor can be totally bullshit. Dude who posted doesnt seems like he's lying but that doesn't mean he got lied.

Heyt

Banned
I know Xilos, he seems to have pretty decent sources. He also was one of the first to talk about the Metroid pitch MercurySteam did a while ago.

It saddens me quite a bit to read about this, I was looking forward to this game. Maybe it's just a bad puzzle game. Sucks the spanish industry doesn't seem like it's ever going to take off.

Maybe the puzzles are so boring that people can't help but want their to be combat to liven things up?

Makes me worry about Witness. Hope Blow has nailed those puzzles.

The developers of Rime hasn't been exactly... less than subtle when it comes to indicating that they're in a pretty tough state right now in terms of development.

Top Bottom