• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, Where The Hell is The Next Batman Game?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Batman Arkham video game series is done and it was pretty much perfected. To continue to try to chase that dragon would only lead to comparisons which would only lead to people pointing out why it's not as good as those games. The smartest idea is to let those games be what they are and move on in an entirely new direction. Whether or not they will actually take that path is up to them, but I think the case for doing so pretty much argues itself.

A.Romero

Taking the Batman franchise in a different direction is the reason why Gotham Knights exists... And I feel it will be disappointing.

I'd really like a Batman game with heavier emphasis in the Detective side of things. Something like L.A. Noire but with Batman would be amazing...

BabyYoda

Banned
Taking the Batman franchise in a different direction is the reason why Gotham Knights exists... And I feel it will be disappointing.

I'd really like a Batman game with heavier emphasis in the Detective side of things. Something like L.A. Noire but with Batman would be amazing...
That would be cool, neither upcoming WB game look nearly as interesting as a proper Batman game, but I guess having a male white lead is problematic for these companies...

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

I like the idea but can we combine it with an expanded and more meaningful stealth system to have encounters more akin to classic Splinter Cell rather than a 300-hit combo brawler?

Mhmmm 2077

I love Batman games, but DC has way more interesting characters that could get their own AAA games.

That's more or less Arkham VR. Just, you know, it's for VR only. And it's like 3 hours long.

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned

They tried aspects of this in Arkham Knight and I found them tedious...

A.Romero

That would be cool, neither upcoming WB game look nearly as interesting as a proper Batman game, but I guess having a male white lead is problematic for these companies...
I'd be OK with a Batman of whatever nationality.

I like the idea but can we combine it with an expanded and more meaningful stealth system to have encounters more akin to classic Splinter Cell rather than a 300-hit combo brawler?
Totally! That would be amazing.

I love Batman games, but DC has way more interesting characters that could get their own AAA games.

That's more or less Arkham VR. Just, you know, it's for VR only. And it's like 3 hours long.
I played it about 3 years ago and really liked it.

They tried aspects of this in Arkham Knight and I found them tedious...
I think it was OK but it could go deeper. I'd like a way to do research in the batcave, interview suspects, listen to tap wires, etc.

BabyYoda

Banned
I'd be OK with a Batman of whatever nationality.
If it's not Bruce Wayne I'm not really interested, maybe Damien (is that right)? I think I've seen enough gender and ethnic swaps to last me a lifetime, if they want more diversity in entertainment (which is great if done right), then they should create new characters. Same with the trash woke agenda, do it with new characters and universes, they only force it into established franchises because they know no one would touch it wit a barge pole otherwise!

Freeman76

There's a bit of a virus circulating here and there that mat affect game development a little in the coming months. Unless the devs are Kiwis of course

Camreezie

They are asking for the wrong thing , they clearly want another Arkham game. I agree with them I thought Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad :KTJL looked kinda shit so far

GymWolf

Don't care for another one until they ditch the batmobile or severely reduce his presence.

Forget that, not interested until they change that fucking free flow shit combat...

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Detective Batman is Batman at its best imo.

Stories and settings that are more Gothic & Noir inspired. Would love another Batman game tackle that style more.

Last edited:
I would play the shit out of another Arkham game. Maybe scale things back a little bit and rework the combat to have a bit more nuance, not just more options or gadgets, and throw in a killer story and I think a lot of people would be on board. It would still sell in the millions easily.

EDIT: I want a 4k 60fps patch for Return to Arkham and Arkham Knight!

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
We should have got a sequel to Arkham origins that was the court of owls but no we get some bat family avengers knock off with damage numbers and loot

DocEbok

That is one thing I loved about the vr game. wish it was a full game :(

Shubh_C63

I was upset on Gotham Knights at reveal (mainly due to enemy level number) but as time went on....GIVE ME, give me anything related to Arkham pleaseee.

I am pretty sure I will devour this and suicide squad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom