• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who is doing sober October here?

I was mildly thinking about it as I probably should since Covid lockdown has me drinking more than usual. By the way you missed a golden opportunity for "OcSober". I'll now use that as an excuse to have a drink or two tonight, hey it's past 5PM here.

I think I'll just do next week Monday to Monday sober rather than a whole month, that's enough for me as I usually don't have more than 1-3 drinks in a session anyhow.

Best of luck to you for your run though, good onya.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Been drinking a bit too much over the summer time, I feel.
Now I am considering doing sober October... Anyone else here as well?

:messenger_bicep:

Iam almost completely sober because i overdid it a lot in my youth with 25 lol

I dont even have the urge anymore to drink much alcohol. Sometimes a cocktail is nice when i go out or a beer at home with family.

Last edited:

keraj37

I am with you OP!
giphy.gif

Raphael

I did a mostly sober september! Had a drink maybe once or twice. From drinking heavily at least once a week throughout my adult life, this year im trying to rdduce to max 1 drinking season a month and i am feeling so much better! Corona definitely helped with that.

I am. I drink frequently, I feel that I need to give it up every once in awhile to stay healthy. There is also the benefit of it lowering your tolerance so that when you resume drinking you aren't drinking as much, so you are probably not doing as much damage to your body. I wish I could get other people I know to do this. I have a few family members who drink a lot more than me, but are not willing to consider the idea that they would quit for a whole month.

Edit: Everyone I know either doesn't drink enough to do sober October, or they drink a lot more than me and won't even consider it.

Last edited:
It's been Octsober for me for a while. Me and moderation are not good friends. Plus when drinking I'm not the smooth talker I think I am. I probably sound more like Bobcat Goldthwait.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
I really want to but there are too many good pumpkin beers. I dont drink much and prefer edibles. I am giving up weed for the month..... so kind of?

It's Autumn, my favourite season for drinking outside by campfires in, so I'm going to be drinking more rhan usually this month, especially with Halloween at the end of it.

Infact I'm going to grab some ales right now.

Codes 208

28 and so far the closest I’ve ever been to being drunk is a little buzzed but nothing extreme. So I would say I’m in but I feel that that’d be cheating.

Super Mario

Banned
If all of the extremes make people feel better, then more power to them.

I'm not sure why I would stop drinking because the calendar changed

Tranquil

I like to have 4-6 drinks and watch a movie on a friday and saturday night. I really look forward to that, so I think I'll keep that going.

Top Bottom