• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is getting a Switch Lite this friday?

SantaC

Preordered mine.

Gaming in bed will never be better.

nintendo_switch_lite_-_grey-48140660-xtra2.jpg

Last edited:

SantaC

I don't see why I should get this, I like to have the option both play on my TV and portable. Especially for action game like Astral Chain I like to play it on my TV with Pro Controller.
Proper D pad and better battery time, smaller form factor.

I'll probably wait for new colors that normal humans can appreciate.

I agree that launch colors are pretty terrible.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I bought one for my 9 year old and she’s pumped. I’m sticking with my launch Switch for now since I play on the TV more than handheld.
I just wish hers would dock with mine so she could play on the TV too, but it doesn’t seem to bother her.

cireza

Banned
Proper D pad and better battery time, smaller form factor.
I have a launch unit with the best screen, so I am not parting from it to get a yellowish screen in its place. If you don't already have a Switch, that's ok I guess.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't see why I should get this, I like to have the option both play on my TV and portable. Especially for action game like Astral Chain I like to play it on my TV with Pro Controller.

You shouldn’t. The Lite is either for people with not enough money, too much money (purchasing both models of Switch), or the niche case of preferring a smaller unit.

Personally, I somewhat fit into the second. I’m very excited to try out (beautiful!) new Nintendo hardware, and a Switch unit to choose, when I want something a little more discreet for the road.

I think I am to compliment my regular Switch. I need something more portable for my morning commute. It's a shame it just can't be docked though.

At least the cloud save transfer is easy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Switch with its joy cons, dual screen etc. are very interesting and probably the greatest handheld of all time.

I'm content with my reg Switch. I use it far more as a console than as a portable. So, I'll probably pick up a Switch Pro if that is ever released.

As to the Switch Lite... Eh...I guess it could come in handy on my next long trip if it's truly more portable than the reg switch. But the launch colors are pretty awful. I'll consider picking one up when there are better options.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pre-ordered one for my wife, she's excited. She would never play on the TV anyway and she finds my switch to be a bit clumsy and big for her hands.

highrider

Banned
Naah, colors are atrocious and even though I play predominantly handheld I’m not marathon gaming on my Switch, hour or two tops, so not pressed about battery or the d-pad.

bronk

Banned
I am! I'm pretty excited. My main console is PS4 so any multiplatform game will always be PS4. Can you guys recommend me Switch only games that I can't get anywhere else. Well besides Breath of Wild, Smash or Mario Odyssey. I'd prefer physical but digital only is cool too.

Last edited:
I decided to get one too. The only times I dock my Switch is when it needs to be charged. The lighter, more solid design seems like a better fit for me. I'm selling my og Switch. If they ever decide to make another version, I can always decide if it's worth it at that time.

ExpandKong

Banned
I thought this one had a similar battery time to the launch switch? Was that not true after all?

Dpad is nice but isn’t one of those third party dpad joycons way cheaper? Yeah you can only use it in portable mode but the same is true for this one.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I've already got a normal switch, which I don't play to often, so even though I want to get a Lite because I have weakness for handhelds, I should not because I will probably never use it.
It is tempting though, I love the idea of a more portable switch.
They have already been at £179, so on black Friday they will probably be able to be had for £149, so I might get one then just for the Heck of it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I am! I'm pretty excited. My main console is PS4 so any multiplatform game will always be PS4. Can you guys recommend me Switch only games that I can't get anywhere else. Well besides Breath of Wild, Smash or Mario Odyssey. I'd prefer physical but digital only is cool too.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Mario + Rabbids

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mario Tennis Aces (if you have people to play with)

Maybe Octopath Traveler. The story is pretty lackluster and the structure is repetitive, but it's absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned

Yeah. No tv hookup is a deal breaker for me. Non removable joycons might be an issue for some.

But really it's not even a consideration for me. I barely touch my switch. I'll never play cross platform games on it and there isn't anything on it I want to play right now besides links awakening. Most everything else is just more of the same old stuff. Luigi's mansion 3 interests me but I'm afraid it's going to be rather bland to play and the difficulty of it geared towards kids.

Astral chain interested me until the developers said it was part of a trilogy before it launched and that turned me off for some reason.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah. No tv hookup is a deal breaker for me. Non removable joycons might be an issue for some.

But really it's not even a consideration for me. I barely touch my switch. I'll never play cross platform games on it and there isn't anything on it I want to play right now besides links awakening. Most everything else is just more of the same old stuff. Luigi's mansion 3 interests me but I'm afraid it's going to be rather bland to play and the difficulty of it geared towards kids.

Astral chain interested me until the developers said it was part of a trilogy before it launched and that turned me off for some reason.
That was just mistranslation:

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06...t-of-a-trilogy-no-post-launch-content-planned

Cravis

For me this would be a step backwards. On weekends I spend a good amount in docked mode. Weekdays I don’t get upstairs as much so I am able to get a wee bit of gaming in on handheld mode.

Barnabot

If D-Pad is your problem than you can always mod your o.g. Switch to have that and a better ergonomics than Switch lite. It's not that hard.

CpA4HEI.jpg

Komatsu

I'm getting one - I pre-ordered back in July. After losing a joy-con during a transatlantic flight, I never again want to travel with my OG, Day 1 Switch.

Top Bottom