• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOE trademark H1Z1

Skeff

SOE have apparently trademarked H1Z1, This is the name of a hoax Virus based on H1N1 that apparently turned people into Zombies:

sony-h1z1-zombie-ps4-640x457.png

More details at PS4Daily:

http://ps4daily.com/2014/01/h1z1-hoax-game-sony/

So thoughts? could this be an attempt of a Post apocalyptic Zombie MMORPG?

Lock/Mock if old/fake

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Doesn't SOE have an announced PS4/PC game?

Salex_

We definitely need more zombie games. Not enough of those already

I know you're trying to be funny, but the current zombie games aren't really doing much yet. There's a lot of potential. I'll find one of the many posts I made for examples of what no games are doing when it comes to zombies.

EDIT: Too lazy to find them, i'll just write it up.

Here's what I want from my dream zombie game:
1. Limited resources- I want to have to think about using my weapons and have to worry about finding more of them.
2. Good A.I and animations- Both of these are needed to signifcantly enhance the experience. I want to feel like I have to worry about where I am whenever I encounter a zombie.
3. Open world game and the ability to go into nearly every building (schools as well)- running into a building and rooms to search for players or resources and finding out a zombies are waiting there forcing you to quickly react in what could be a narrow environment would be amazing.
4. MMO-like in terms of the amount of players you can randomly run into- A good amount of players would make the experience so much better. The constant thought of "I can team up with this person or kill them" in a game like that really is the driving point for long lasting gameplay.

If you ever saw the High School of the Dead anime and I don't really remember much from the Resident Evil movies but I'll assume it's in the direction as well, those are examples of what I want to see.

injurai

Banned
H1N1 is better known as bird flu, there was a hoax that it had mutated to H1Z1 a couple of years ago.

I know...

I actually thought I was over in OT, and they were trade marking a new Z1...

A zombie game from them sounds interesting, but would this be an MMO?

Skeff

I know...

I actually thought I was over in OT, and they were trade marking a new Z1...

A zombie game from them sounds interesting, but would this be an MMO?

The trademark looks like an MMO yes and given SOE's history it seems a reasonable assumption.

I think it could me a traditional MMO take on something like DayZ, but that's just my speculation.

Raonak

Banned
I came into this thread expecting H1Z1 to be the codename of the playstation VR.
like their HMZ head mounted display.

Because ZombiU, The Last of Us, and Day Z, and Resident Evil are similar, right?

Zombie games are extremely diverse.

The way a game appeals to someone's imagination is just as important as the game mechanics. I can understand people being too sick of zombies for any game mechanic to save.

The way a game appeals to someone's imagination is just as important as the game mechanics. I can understand people being too sick of zombies for any game mechanic to save.

It may sound like a cheap mechanic, but it's the easiest way to set up gameplay where hordes of people lunge at you. There aren't too many ways to set that up, and zombie universes can be fun.

Orayn

Gonna be really fucking disappointed if this is the spiritual successor to SWG they were alluding to earlier. I love sandbox MMOs and don't feel any ill will toward zombie games, but I don't want to cross those streams.

Fezan

SOE currently have a very great track record with DCU and PlanetSide. Also hearing good thing about everquest builder. so Hyped

Guys you should keep the page open. the music is very Haunting

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zombie flu.

Setsuna

first time ive been hyped for an unannounced game in a long time

lets show dayz how its done if its what I think it is

aly

Gonna be a zombie thing where everyone who got the original H1N1 vaccine turns into a zombie.

Gonna be really fucking disappointed if this is the spiritual successor to SWG they were alluding to earlier. I love sandbox MMOs and don't feel any ill will toward zombie games, but I don't want to cross those streams.
Well get ready to be because it is. I remember reading some of his comments on a Reddit AMA and on his Twitter about people not liking the setting. I think I also read another comment from him that it's also a shooter. I can't find it though.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/05/son...mo-isnt-sci-fi-smedley-starts-dropping-hints/

Welp, there's 2 definites for this game.

1. It will be built using the ForgeLight engine
2. It will be F2P (so please no *shock & awe* when it's revealed that it's F2P)

JMTHEFOX

Please don't be SWG successor...

Don't get me wrong I like Star Wars and Zombies, but... God, I honestly don't know how to feel about this...

Top Bottom