• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solarobo official site opens - DS follow-up to Tail Concerto from CyberConnect2

duckroll

24ecqoy.png

http://www.cc2.co.jp/solarobo/index.html
http://www.solarobo.channel.or.jp/

14uchw0.jpg

Title: Solarobo - Sore kara coda he
Platform: Nintendo DS
Genre: Action RPG
Release Date: 2010

Staff:
Executive Director - Hiroshi Matsuyama (CC2 President)
Director - Takayuki Isobe (Tail Concerto)
Main Visual, Character Design - Nobuteru Yuki (Tail Concerto)
Mechanical Illustration - Yoshitake Taniguchi (SRW)
Opening Animation Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa (Hell's Angels)
Opening Animation Production: Madhouse

More info: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/17/solarobo/

rcqwqe.jpg
2nl9sep.jpg

28iq7as.jpg
13z0qbo.jpg
dfvitc.jpg
15yt1qt.jpg

15mibsy.jpg
25tfg3q.jpg
105wgzl.jpg
292wn89.jpg

I've never heard of Tail Concerto, but thanks to the other thread and Wikipedia's description, it looks like something I must check out.

It's nice to see games get sequels after very many years of hiatus.

GhaleonQ

Wow, I'm totally not going to buy this (I remember it as "Not Bumpy Trot but the other one"), but Wikipedia confirms that they've been trying to get this through for years. Congratulations to them.

Tail Concerto is one of those unknown Playstation games that is actually somewhat good and entertaining. I think OPM, back in the day, gave it 3.5 discs out of 5.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I could not be more stoked the (spiritual) sequel to one of my favorite PSone games of all time is being made.

I could not be more disappointed that it turned out to be a mediocre-looking DS game (tech wise, of course... the art direction is spectacular).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if people are petitioning Atlus to bring this one... and bring Tail Concerto to PSN!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Why would you do that? said:
I've never heard of Tail Concerto, but thanks to the other thread and Wikipedia's description, it looks like something I must check out.

It's nice to see games get sequels after very many years of hiatus.

Just from what was posted in the last Solarobo thread, I ordered Tail Concerto from a Half.com seller. Should have it next week some time. Hope it works on a PSP!

Ramune

Mejilan said:
Just from what was posted in the last Solarobo thread, I ordered Tail Concerto from a Half.com seller. Should have it next week some time. Hope it works on a PSP!

I can confirm it indeed does. Had the game for a few years now, but actually really played it quite a bit and actually beat it on my CFW PSP close to the end of last year. Looks great too on the PSP's screen.

mello

I really wanna play Tail Concerto now, but I can't find a copy of it here in the UK.
Apparently it was released here, but for some reason there are no used copies. :/

Looks cool.

I can't believe the "f" word hasn't been uttered yet in this thread. Every time "Dust: The Elysian Tail" is mentioned, the "f" word soon follows, so I expected the same here. Maybe GAF is over that BS. Thank goodness.

Kuugrr

I didn't know there were other people who even played Tail Concerto, let alone liked it. :lol

This is looking pretty good.

I liked Tail Concerto up until what I presume was the last level.

And then I hated it. There's slowdown from hell that is semi-disguised as being underwater where one mistake will toss you all the way down to the bottom where you have to restart your long and tedious climb from scratch. The slowdown would be one thing if the controls were responsive, but my recollection is that the delay between pressing the jump button and actually jumping was somewhere between half a second to a second.

sciplore

I loved this game in the playstation era I am so happy that a sequel is in the works. Would be awesome if they re-release it on psn for some psp fun. I now need to pray to some deity to see if the game will ever get a international release.

Lance Bone Path said:
I liked Tail Concerto up until what I presume was the last level.

And then I hated it. There's slowdown from hell that is semi-disguised as being underwater where one mistake will toss you all the way down to the bottom where you have to restart your long and tedious climb from scratch. The slowdown would be one thing if the controls were responsive, but my recollection is that the delay between pressing the jump button and actually jumping was somewhere between half a second to a second.

You know what I actually cannot remember much about the boss battles in the game. I remember the movies, what some of the characters said (like how the chief would babysit the kittens you captured) and how I beat the game but missed one of the presents for the picture gallery and had to play it nearly all over again just to see that last picture and something else for completing the gallery but I cannot remember the boss and much about the game. This just makes me want to replay the original even more now now :/.

Vard

No way. I mentioned the original game in that thread awhile ago, "games you think nobody else knows about". I'm surprised that it's getting a sequel and to a lesser extent that there's quite a few of us who remember it.

duckroll

There's a 2 page article in this week's Famitsu. Scans are out. It has designs of the plane, as well as some other locations. A bunch of new screens too, there's a boss fight shown, as well as the quest guild and other stuff. Looking good.

Boss Doggie

duckroll said:
There's a 2 page article in this week's Famitsu. Scans are out. It has designs of the plane, as well as some other locations. A bunch of new screens too, there's a boss fight shown, as well as the quest guild and other stuff. Looking good.

Oooh, I am remembered of the plane in TC.

I think the human form is just fine, it's just a bit out of place when we've been looking at animal all this time. but hey, this way, they can avoid having inter species erotica. I bet the female cat gonna transform to human too and they live happily ever after...or something...:lol

Boss Doggie

I dunno - keep human shit away from the Bronx please. It doesn't really fit the setting and well... his human form looks like a generic shonen.

Top Bottom