• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold my switch today...

No games are mature. That’s just a myth gamers came up with to make their hobby more palatable to their egos.
So the whole thing with Mortal Kombat, Nintendo and Sega standing before Congress, and Lieberman introducing the Video Game Ratings Act of 1994 was all a myth? Damn. Can't believe I fell for an age-old myth.

odWxcM9.png

Gotta love those myths.

At least we finally know what the "M" stands for.

myth-busted.jpg

Now the quest to find out what the other letters means begins.

This thread inspired me. Traded in boring Nintendo titles for astral chain, demon souls and a brand new set of joycons (with warranty of course)

Nintendo games may not be much fun, but they hold their value...38 bucks in trade!

IMG-2303.jpg

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I have 175 digital games for nintendo switch.
No chance I would ever sell my switch.
honestly don't have any reason to either

That's a lot. Like half my Steam library.

Have Nintendo fixed it yet so that the games you own transfer between systems or are they all tied to your specific Switch?

teezzy

Banned
I believe they're tied to your account this time.

Id sure hope so.

That was a huge part of me being done with Nintendo. I had a fair amount of digital content on my Wii U and 3DS which were tied to the hardware.

I grew tired of them not being able to keep up with the program and their inadequacies being hand waved with, "lol Nintendo gonna Nintendo"

Like after a while, the shit isnt cute any longer. Their software output can only excuse so much.

MagnesG

Banned
Id sure hope so.

That was a huge part of me being done with Nintendo. I had a fair amount of digital content on my Wii U and 3DS which were tied to the hardware.

I grew tired of them not being able to keep up with the program and their inadequacies being hand waved with, "lol Nintendo gonna Nintendo"

Like after a while, the shit isnt cute any longer. Their software output can only excuse so much.
You're done with Nintendo, until you're not done with them yet. Your last Switch for example.

reptilex

Banned
But when i found myself completely unimpressed by odyssey, botw, pokemon, luigis mansion, and paper mario

giphy.gif

Having had Nintendo consoles since the SNES, there are tons of reasons to be dissatisfied with Nintendo but...I don't believe you're bullshit reasons.

This is a fake hating thread with no credibility and it'd be great to call it out for what it is as much I am displeased with Nintendo.

S0ULZB0URNE

Even though BOTW is one of the best looking games IMO.
I can't mess with the low res,non HDR visuals anymore so I sold mine.
I am looking to return when/if Nintendo makes better hardware.

giphy.gif

Having had Nintendo consoles since the SNES, there are tons of reasons to be dissatisfied with Nintendo but...I don't believe you're bullshit reasons.

This is a fake hating thread with no credibility and it'd be great to call it out for what it is as much I am displeased with Nintendo.
Believe what you want pal but all those games left me thoroughly unimpressed. Botw is the best among those mentioned and i still thought it wasnt an amazing game. It was a decent game but there are plently of open world rpg’s better than it but it sure receives the nintendo bias from its non-objective fans and i dont see it as some revolutionary game like they do . Maybe for zelda its a radical change but what am I supposed to be impressed by something ive already played better versions of ? You want me to fawn over the art style? Enough with the fawning over art styles. We get it nintendo is good at art styles lol. Odyssey is the weakest 3d mario platformer end of story. Im just over paper mario. Paper mario needs no more iterations lol. Honestly. Luigis mansion is fine but honestly the paper mario thing is applicable the same way. We really needed another luigis mansion ? Cmon. Nintendo needs to delve into their massive catalogue of ip’s and pick something new. They dont get a pass with me to not innovate for years on end and still maintain my interest. Assuming you know someones intentions is borderline narcissistic. Get a grip .

Compsiox

Banned
As stupid as this may sound, I bought my Switch at launch to support Nintendo. I didn't want to see them fail again. I literally didn't use it at all until I was forced to buy Animal Crossing.

Top Bottom