• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Some Congresswomen did something? Ilhan Omar credibly accused of being a foreign agent of Qatar for the Benjamins.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) has been accused of being a paid agent of the government of Qatar and using her position in Congress to access sensitive information for the benefit of Iran, according to testimony in a civil suit in Florida.

Alan Bender, a Kuwaiti-born Canadian businessman, made the accusations in video-conference testimony on October 23 from Toronto for a civil case filed in Florida against the brother of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani, over allegations the Sheikh ordered his American bodyguard to murder two people and that he held his American paramedic hostage
The three allegedly claimed credit for the meteoric rise of Omar, saying: “If it wasn’t for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends,” according to Bender’s sworn deposition. The deposition was obtained by Al Arabiya English and authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs.

…In the testimony, Bender claims to have been asked to recruit American politicians and journalists to be Qatari assets. He says he objected and the Qatari officials responded by saying that several American politicians and journalists were already on the payroll—most prominently Omar, who was allegedly described as the “jewel of the crown”, according to the deposition.
This is tied to the investigations of Imam Tawhidi [Imamofpeace on Twitter], who i've linked to before in other threads.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
These are the people screeching about Trump being corrupt for investigating corruption, about Trump being a Russian spy.

They end up being the actual traitors, money launderers, thieves of campaign donations to pay debts, and sexual harassers. Oh, and Ilhan married her brother, so add incest to the mix too.

Can't decide

Sep 11, 2018
If this is true, then it would be another shining example of projection and the lady doth protest too much from the Democrat party... yet again.

Don't even have to live in America to see the same old patterns happening, I just wonder why their supporters keep falling for these people's charades time and time again.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
These are the people screeching about Trump being corrupt for investigating corruption, about Trump being a Russian spy.

They end up being the actual traitors, money launderers, thieves of campaign donations to pay debts, and sexual harassers. Oh, and Ilhan married her brother, so add incest to the mix too.
That's a pretty large fallacy you're engaging in. Multiple people on both sides of the partisan divide can be all of that.

But some believe Trump has the virtue of bathing in piss and somehow not smelling. Figuratively speaking (I hope).

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Jonirenicus

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
That's a pretty large fallacy you're engaging in. Multiple people on both sides of the partisan divide can be all of that.

But some believe Trump has the virtue of bathing in piss and somehow not smelling. Figuratively speaking (I hope).
It is funny to draw parallels to this story and the accusations against Trump. Trump has multiple credible bipartisan allegations of misconduct both personally and professionally.

Illhan has lots of Twitter trolls and haters in the conservative universe. I'll wait for actual charges to be levied and for her to have a trial if it gets that far. Thankfully everyone here assumes she is innocent until proven guilty. If she is found guilty so be it.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Hefty accusations so I will hold my tongue until more info comes out.

At the least she is an agent of CAIR and does whatever her CAIR masters tell her to do.
Wise and I will follow suit. Wait and see approach here.

If true, treason is on the table and with Trump at the helm...

If false, more misinformation and fake news. The United States cannot continue this way and this horseshit needs reigning in and the news agencies need a course correction with much tighter laws on reporting actual news. Speculation needs to be labeled as such in large bold letters, or "not actual news" on the screen like warnings on a pack of smokes.

I'm of the mind that some folks in the media need a reckoning.

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Holy shit if this is true that would not be good for anyone. Would love to see some light shed on this.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I'm sure they can. However, in this circumstance every one of the Justice Democrats has committed actual corruption and crimes, right up to treason (if this is true). Money laundering, stealing campaign funds, sleeping with subordinates, marrying family to defraud immigration. . .and now the cherry, one of them is literally a foreign agent betraying "their" county. Ilhan may not even be a real American once all this is said and done lmao

Meanwhile, all of you are crying about Trump being the most corrupt president ever because of a few questionable perjury convictions. Democrats continue to believe in conspiracy theories that Drumpf was a Russian agent, that the heavilu debunked Steel Dossier was real, etc.

Like this:

Have fun defending a brother-banging ISIS-loving terrorist traitor.

Last edited:

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
Have fun defending a brother-banging ISIS-loving terrorist traitor.
Not going to defend her, at least not unless exculpatory information becomes available.

I was half-joking with the reference, btw...but the real point is some Trump supporters think he's apparently immune to corruption despite his own record and past/present corrupt associates. Which is incredibly silly to type, let alone say.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatLady

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Not going to defend her, at least not unless exculpatory information becomes available.

I was half-joking with the reference, btw...but the real point is some Trump supporters think he's apparently immune to corruption despite his own record and past/present corrupt associates. Which is incredibly silly to type, let alone say.
The only Trump associate involved in corruption was Manafort, and those actions were a decade old from when he worked with Hillary's campaign manager.

Like I said in another topic, a lot of people do not know what corruption means. Roger Stone was not corrupt, and was not convicted of crimes of corruption. Michael Flynn was not corrupt, and was not convicted of crimes of corruption.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
I’ll wait for evidence, this is just some dude saying someone told him she was a Qatari asset. Besides, if Qatar was going to pick someone to groom for such a role, wouldn’t they pick someone who isn’t a giant horse’s ass and half as smart?

She’s a giant fucking turd for a half dozen other reasons, but I’m skeptical about this.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends."

Bender testified that the officials asked him to recruit American politicians and journalists as Qatari assets, and that when he objected, was told that several prominent figures were already on the payroll. Omar was described as the "jewel in the crown," he said.
Qatar “recruited Ilhan Omar from even way before she thought about becoming a government official… They groomed her and arranged the foundation, the grounds, for her to get into politics way before she even showed interest. They convinced her,” he added.
Omar was said to also have passed information to Qatar which was subsequently handed along to Iran, and was actively involved in recruiting other American politicians to likewise work for the west Asian Islamic country, Bender testified.

“The best thing money can buy is American officials, because they are the cheapest of the cheapest-costing officials in the world,” the Qatari officials were said to have told him.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
"Republican talking points" lol

Justice Democrats should be investigated from top to bottom. They're as scummy as what the Republican Tea Party became. Amusing how pundits were obsessed with the Koch Brothers' influence on politics yet suddenly don't care where money comes from or who is backing whom in their own party.

Reactions: Liberty4all

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
I hope it is true because then other people will also think that she is a huge asshole which she is.

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
"Republican talking points" lol

Justice Democrats should be investigated from top to bottom. They're as scummy as what the Republican Tea Party became. Amusing how pundits were obsessed with the Koch Brothers' influence on politics yet suddenly don't care where money comes from or who is backing whom in their own party.
Should they be investigated with Giuliani and the soviet goons or will the traditional DOJ and FBI suffice? The justice Dems have one thing the Koch's do not. Accountability. They are elected officials. If they have broken the law there is a price to pay. Dark money billionaires pulling the strings behind the scenes should concern everyone.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Should they be investigated with Giuliani and the soviet goons or will the traditional DOJ and FBI suffice?
I don't know off the top of my head what the appropriate channel would be, but it seems like this is already making its way through the courts. Democrats should be the ones to silently investigate their own and clean house before it gets out of hand. A top-to-bottom investigation is in the cards if more of this behavior comes out.

The justice Dems have one thing the Koch's do not. Accountability.
Cue sitcom laugh track.

They are elected officials. If they have broken the law there is a price to pay. Dark money billionaires pulling the strings behind the scenes should concern everyone.
What's your opinion on Dark Money Bloomberg entering the Democrat race and the party eating it up gleefully?

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
I don't know off the top of my head what the appropriate channel would be, but it seems like this is already making its way through the courts. Democrats should be the ones to silently investigate their own and clean house before it gets out of hand. A top-to-bottom investigation is in the cards if more of this behavior comes out.

Cue sitcom laugh track.

What's your opinion on Dark Money Bloomberg entering the Democrat race and the party eating it up gleefully?
When are the republicans going to 'clean house'? Trump isn't looking too good. 6 of his associates are newly minted convicted felons. This is the fault of democrats I imagine. Or Hunter Biden.

I am no fan of billionaires in general. But if he is running for public office he'll face scrutiny. I wonder if he'll release his taxes? Billionaires don't like doing that. Trump doesn't either.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
How has no one quoted this gem that is now in a court record:

Speaking from Toronto by video link, Bender told the Florida District Court that he met with Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs Mohammad bin Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Masnad and two other senior Qatari officials.

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends."
Imagine if a white guy had said that. I hope some of the Somali immigrants take note of what the Islamic world thinks of them.

The justice Dems have one thing the Koch's do not. Accountability. They are elected officials. If they have broken the law there is a price to pay.
Which is why none of them are being investigated for the (often self-admitted) crimes we have ample of them committing. They are clearly being held accountable.

Also, the Koch Brothers are not elected officials. Why would they have political accountability?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tesseract

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
This is a little more than her just getting money. If this is true, she fed information she got in congress to Iran. That's espionage.
This is so much worse than what Trump is accused for by factors of 10. If she is convicted, her citizenship will be striped along with anyone associated with her and either go to jail or expelled. Not to mention the fallout of the anti-Muslim violence will start to bubble up.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
The size of that IF would contain its own gravitational field.
We have more evidence of her colluding with Qatar/Iran now than we ever did of Trump doing the same with Russia. I feel justified in saying it looks like she is a traitor at this point. She certainly never gave Trump that consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: pramod

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
How has no one quoted this gem that is now in a court record:

Imagine if a white guy had said that. I hope some of the Somalis immigrants take note of what the Islamic world thinks of them.

Which is why none of them are being investigated for the (often self-admitted) crimes we have ample of them committing. They are clearly being held accountable.

Also, the Koch Brothers are not elected officials. Why would they have political accountability?
None of them being investigated? 1 second Google search. Sometimes there is no liberal conspiracy.

Since the Koch bro has no one to answer to he should have limited influence over public policy.

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if the most extremest members of each party are there to discredit the whole thing. Omar isn’t at all representative of the Democratic Party but she sure gives the conservatives a giant target and opportunity to make it seem like she is.

She constantly puts her foot in her mouth and gives them ammo. If anything the plot line that she’s a fake plant in the party helps democrats hah.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
It is. Though none of this will ever be proven.

I wonder if the information had anything to do with the Qatari coup or the Vegas shooting?
It comes full circle. I know a handful of dyed-in-the-wool liberals who got redpilled from watching the media coverage of the Vegas shooting and how that all unfolded. :pie_thinking:
What is the connection to the the Vegas shooting? I remember some rumblings that he was a recent convert to Islam, but between that and the picture of him in the pussy hat the media clamped down something fierce.

None of them being investigated? 1 second Google search. Sometimes there is no liberal conspiracy.

Since the Koch bro has no one to answer to he should have limited influence over public policy.
Congressional investigation by Democrats. She admitted to a crime. The FBI should be investigating as well.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if the most extremest members of each party are there to discredit the whole thing. Omar isn’t at all representative of the Democratic Party but she sure gives the conservatives a giant target and opportunity to make it seem like she is.
That's true, but now it puts into light about Rashida Tlaib character. It may even magnify her anti-semitic views. Yes they are different people and backgrounds, but to the average headline biter people, they're also going to give suspicion to Rashida as well. I'm sure the Republicans will use her as a giant target as well.

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
What is the connection to the the Vegas shooting? I remember some rumblings that he was a recent convert to Islam, but between that and the picture of him in the pussy hat the media clamped down something fierce.
Wondering the same thing

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
I do not recommend taking some guy's deposition or low level court testimony very seriously on such a significant issue. This is gaf, not CNN fellas.
No need to worry. Everyone here believes your are innocent until proven guilty. It is up to her accusers to prove any case she might face.

Reactions: NickFire

DarkMage619

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
Congressional investigation by Democrats. She admitted to a crime. The FBI should be investigating as well.
I hope you feel the FBI should be investigating Hunter and Joe Biden as well. I don't think this is a job for Rudy, Igor, and Lev.